Deliciosa’s DFW diary

Options

Comments

• betti911
    betti911 Posts: 819 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I had the same sort of virus a couple of weeks ago and it really knocked me for six. I felt awful plus I had to spend money on medicine. I drank lots of Ribena.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Jan 1st 07 Car loan £4830.46@12% Personal Loan £11,517@8% variable Overdraft £1500 July 2009Halifax-£0Debt free date 14th July 2009 :j
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Good selection of DVDs there. I reckon you'll do ok. As said above most of the bidding is in the last day or so.

Hope you have a lovely trip to see your family! :)

Catt xx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Btw, your things on ebay look good, but you need to add some more information, especially sometimes the plot of the film :) just an idea!
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Hello!

Ohh this is one of the nice things you get when you’re sick – you can be online a lot!!!

Miggy: thanks, I’ve got now three that will sell (provided that they pay all right…)
    Your idea is very good I won’t change these now but I will def. do it next time I list things. I was just wondering what else could I sell…. I don’t really have loads of cds…

I have many books but I have been told they don’t sell well on ebay, more like on amazon, but I can’t register there, so I think I just keep the books (and anyhow, I am a nerd and a bookworm and my books are my treasure. )
    I also tried LA’s lentil soup (luckily I had lentils at home, actually, it was my friend but I could use them, and it was yummy and an amazing feeling that it did not cost me anything (I also had tomatos). Yay, yay! I just wish I hadn’t spent that £7.35 on medicine.. although I am just drinking the lemsip now.

What’s your name on ebay? If you don’t mind me asking?

Nicola: thank you, I am more positive cus now 3 will sell and I still have about 4 days to go… I suppose if all sell for an average £2, plus 0.99 postage, that;’s three, minus paypal fees.. anyway if I get about £2.50 profit on each that will be about £75 quids, minus about £5 for ebay fees, I am still at £70, hope this calculation is correct…

Betti: sorry to hear you’ve been sick too, I am trying the lemsip now and also something which the doctor recommended, cant remember what… and it turns out I also have laryngitis. But I aim to go to work tomorrow…

Catt: Thanks, that’s reassuring. I will keep you updated next Sunday when the bidding closes. Do you think I should have put it on for three days instead of 7? Or is seven the best? Thanks for your good wishes as well, I am very much looking forward to it – less than two weeks from now!

X x x x

Thanks again guys for coming in and posting. x
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    You're more than welcome, I love coming to see how you're getting on, keep your chin up and keep warm!
    nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Btw, your things on ebay look good, but you need to add some more information, especially sometimes the plot of the film :) just an idea!
    Nicola x

Oh, that might be a good idea.. I assumed these movies are known by everyone, at least the majority... I just want them all to go away now, I really need cupboard space and money too!!! When paypa sends money to my account how long does it take to arrive?

Also, another question, if anyone knows the answer please let me know: what if I registered to paypal with one email address (lets say, email@yahoo.com) and then I added another one (email@hotmail.com), and made the second one primary, but the first one is there too, and at my listings I specified email@hotmail.com to be paid to, but at two listings, I accidently put email@yahoo.com. Will payments for both emails arrive to my paypal? (I have them both on, both verified).
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Seven days is good, although I always make sure mine end on a weekend (usually Sun afternoon/eve) - that way more people are at home to look and bid.

Good to hear that you're in good spirits even though you're ill.

Catt xx
  • deliciosa
    Options
    You're more than welcome, I love coming to see how you're getting on, keep your chin up and keep warm!
    nicola x

well to be honest without you and other lovely dwfs here i actually think i still would be in a really serious !!!! and probably would have given up so i really can not tell you how grateful I am.... :j
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    deliciosa wrote:
    Oh, that might be a good idea.. I assumed these movies are known by everyone, at least the majority... I just want them all to go away now, I really need cupboard space and money too!!! When paypa sends money to my account how long does it take to arrive?

Also, another question, if anyone knows the answer please let me know: what if I registered to paypal with one email address (lets say, email@yahoo.com) and then I added another one (email@hotmail.com), and made the second one primary, but the first one is there too, and at my listings I specified email@hotmail.com to be paid to, but at two listings, I accidently put email@yahoo.com. Will payments for both emails arrive to my paypal? (I have them both on, both verified).

I dont know about about the second question, but it normally takes about 5 working days for the money to be transferred to your account.
    Nicola x
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    deliciosa wrote:
    well to be honest without you and other lovely dwfs here i actually think i still would be in a really serious !!!! and probably would have given up so i really can not tell you how grateful I am.... :j

I'm glad you haven't given up, you're doing so well and being so strong.
    Nicola x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport