Deliciosa’s DFW diary

Options

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Personally it sounds like you're better off where you are for the moment - it sounds nice and all inc!

Glad to hear it's all going so well :):):)

Hope you're eating plenty!

Catt xx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are you doing today? :)
    nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Hello

Well today seems to be one of the positive ones again, because on my way to work I just listed my achievments and I am quite happy with them. Let’s start with some bad news:

1.) Yesterday evening I went out with big group of people and I could not resist and bought a foamy, hot, steaming, cream-white soya latte from starbucks for £2.79…. It was the most delicious, yummy, fantastic thing ever, probably because I knew I couldn’t afford it but I just had it anyway.. a moment of weekness and felt a bit down afterwards…. :confused:

But I did not have supper so I saved money on it.

2.) turns out that it’s my sister’s bday on the 19th Feb and my mom’s on the 23rd, and I am seeing them on the 23rd so I got to buy something. I kind of forgot about those bdays! Don’t know what to get that’s nice and cheap…

But achievments:

1.) Ebay. Now 9 selling (out of 40, that’s not a lot, but peopl are watching my items too so I suppose that’s another 5, that makes it 14, and I am sure that more bids will come on last day. :j

2.) Moisturiser. I went to selfridges with a friend (not the same one who bullied me into buying the expensive cream) and where I bought the cream, the lady stopped me and asked if I wanted to try their new product, yaddi yadda…. So I said well why not but I have got to run, and she said no problem, I give you samples. Probably thoguht I am to be a good customer since I already spent lots there a few weeks ago… so I took 5 samples of decleor moisturiser and I just started using sample number one and it is fab, and one sample will be enough for a week, so I have like free most expensive, loveliest moisturiser for a month! That’s amazing! This is not something I saved but whenever someone tells me I should buy this cream or tha I can tell them I have loads at home, and if I tell them which brand they will just shut up. It is a really amazing product, actually I wish I could buy it all the time. Makes my skin so much nicer…
    :T :T
    3.) Moving: I decided I wont worry about it just will stay where I am, I love it there and don’t want to move. We even have a maid who cleans so I don’t have to. I know this sounds spoiled but its nice not to worry about these things when I’m young, I will worry about them once I have my own family, and own home…. So I just stay where I am and once I am debt free I will save up… my long time goal is a flat... ohh dreaming on… but it would be so nice. I will pay off this horrible debt really soon.

4.) Work: there is going to be three trainings this month to which I am going, all of which have free (and plenty) lunch, this means I am saving on three days’ food. And to answer Catt’s question – I am trying to eat more, really. Today I already had a banana (free!):rotfl:

Now a little bit of calculation:

I made up this budget for me until the 9th of March. F anyone got an idea where and how to cut back please let me know…

Coffee in and out (bear in mind coffee is usually my breakfast I don’t eat breakfast otherwise) - £60 (I know this seems a lot… but starbucks is absolutely my addiction, if I can choose between a proper lunch or a soya latte, I chose the latte… :( ):confused:

Food at work - £25 (this is more or less realistic if I cut back a bit and always eat pasta etc….)

Food out: - £25. this includes Saturdays when I an not bring food and I am out all day. I wanted this to be about £150 but resisted… :)

Other food: - £20. buying things in tesco etc. is this too much?

DVD: £0 :(

Clothes: £0 :(

Other things I might need, toothpaste etc - £10

Going out, parties, Friday nights (that I have to!!)anythign else fun - £40

Family: - £20. :o

That’s exactly £200. This is my plan. To be honest I don’t think I cans tick to it but will try. Today I only have lunch for example.

Soo I will get back to work in a minute, thank you for posting & coming n. Please let me have any suggestions, or if you think somethng is too much/too little etc…. thank you!!! :wave:
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • Skint_Catt
    Options
    Hmmm, still doesn't sound like you're eating enough! Coffee isn't a substitute for food! (And it dehydrates you and your skin - so more need for those nice creams ;) ) End of telling off!

You sound like you've really thought about everything and got a plan going, so very well done you! :) Don't worry about your spend last night - you enjoyed it. If you hadn't then is the time to scold yourself!

Set yourself a challenge for the birthdays. Set yourself a (low) budget for each - and work out the best value pressie - BOGOF choccies in supermarket/offers in Boots/look on eBay for something they would like etc etc or even make something yourself?! :)

Keep at it :):):):):) :grin:

Catt xx
  • deliciosa
    Options
    I know Catt but I just LOVE coffee, love he taste and love love love the effect!

Anyhow, my friend just called me and said she bought me a caramel profiterol from Gail's.. I can't believe it, yummy, yummy, (although fattening...)

Got letter from Capital one confirming that my account is closed. Sooo greedy people, already wanting me to sign up for new credit card deal...

well they can forget about it.

As for bdays, I have small, unused lovely cosmetics, they will do plus choccies - thanks for the bogof idea :D will go shopping on Sunday!!!

ebay update: now 11 of my products will sell and some have even two bids. wow, I cant believe, people actually bid for my products? ebay is the best thing ever.... :)

what are you selling on ebay?
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Glad some of your things are selling on ebay! its great huh? :)
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • deliciosa
    Options
    Glad some of your things are selling on ebay! its great huh? :)
    Nicola x

ohhhhh yes. checking every five minutes, actually. lol.

:j

My plan is, if people actually DO buy my samples, I will spend an hour in Selfridges/Debenhams/John Lewis and collect as many free samples as I can get my hands on...

is it greedy and dishonest? if i get free samples then sell them?
  • Skint_Catt
    Options
    Glad some of your stuff is selling :T

I'm selling some summer clothes I can't get into anymore, some old textbooks and other bits from around the house. Not going well at the mo, but not worried. Thought I'd give them a go before I gave them to a charity shop!

Nah, go for your life with the samples!

Catt xx
  • Tustastic
    Tustastic Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Deliciosa, glad to hear you are making such good progress with your debt. You made a good decision not moving, how lovely to be living so cheaply somewhere so nice as Hampstead, with spring on the way.
    I can't help you with the Starbucks addiction - I did a silly crash diet years ago which meant going without milk in coffee and I missed it soooo much. But when I tried to drink coffee with milk again, I couldn't stand the taste!
    With the birthdays, remember you can make your mother and sister gift certificates to be redeemed whenever you visit - anything that they like and that you can do for them, whether it's giving a manicure or taking them for a walk and a coffee or walking the dog etc etc etc. :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MoneySavingExpert Forum Team
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    How are you doing today? Hope to hear from you soon :)
    Nicola :heartpuls
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport