Orange customer with Iphone been charge £1.25 for Image contents from mobie village

Options

Comments

• Tanya_B
    Options
    I am an orange business customer, this too has happened to me-every Thursday since Oct 11, i called Orange this morning and they said they wont help? How have you all managed to get refunds???
  • Daveoc
    Options
    Spoke to Orange this month and finally got somewhere. Last time it was not much we can do, remove your iphone apps and it should stop - Gee Thanks !
    However, after doing that and the fees still appearing every Monday (twice on Tuesday) I rang again. This time a very helpful service agent said she thought she knew what it was and if she was right, knew how to stop it and how to get the money back.
    She confirmed it was mobivillage and gave me the instructions to text stop and to call the number above.
    I spoke to someone there who confirmed I had paid £21 over 14 weeks and told me to email the address in a prior post.
    After doing that they said they would refund me within 7 days via paypal. We will see what happens and I will update the result.
    They say it was for fortune telling text messages. Whilst I have been getting them, I did not request or agree to them and had just been deleting them.
  • Rico_Dasilva
    Options
    It is organized crime in South Africa, they started scamming customers in the UK first and have stolen millions from cell phone users. They have come to Canada now in February and are targeting Rogers and Telus numbers.

I had this charge show up on my bill as well.

They say that you have clicked on one of their ads on your phone which automatically subscribes you to there service of $9.99 a month. Rogers sees is as a third party charge and pays them and then bills you.

I don't even have the internet on my phone so there is no way I clicked on any ad. I called Rogers and told them this and they said there was nothing they could do except pay the charge this month and unsubscibe. She also let it slips that she has personally received hundreds of calls about the same company in the last couple of weeks. Then she blamed the government for allowing third party charges and said it is not there companies fault.

Even if you "unsubscibe" using their 1-800 number they will still bill until they are shut down and will focus on another country after milking Canadian Customers. Very well built scam. You can barely even see it on your bill unless you look closely.

Rogers and Fido both seem to not be willing to help shut them out as since they pay the third party companies directly and then bill you. Doing so would mean that they would be out hundreds of thousands or even millions. Again I say, Very well built scam!

I finally was able to talk to someone from the call center in South Africa. I could barely understand them but they said that they couldn't refund the credit back to the bill but rather send me a cheque if I gave them all of my personal information...
    For those who are nieve enough to do this they probably would steal identity for a credit card etc.

So as a solution if you call Rogers or Fido and ask for a refund of the $9.99 as a service credit for something else they will have to oblidge. Otherwise go to Bell as they have not targeted them as of yet as this charge will keep reoccuring.

Have fun! It has been a nightmare on this end so far and reading through the UK posts they will probably get away with it for sometime until something is done.
  • Daveoc
    Options
    I have now received a full refund for the outstanding charge. See post above on 2nd March. I have also not incurred any further charges since I sent STOP message.
  • annijaz
    Options
    HI i have been hit with the charges (£12.50 in two weeks off new contract) on the mobile my mum uses which i pay for her.

I sent stop to a few short codes .....60113, 42222,80660 and got back "you are not subscribed to any services from this shortcode".

I tried another number 69069 and recieved a reply off "You have sent STOP to 69060 and will be unsubscribed to all services on 69060."

Still have no clue as to what it is as my mum gives the phone to me to download apps from.

Spoke to Orange and eventually manage to explain that my mum has no idea what she is doing with her phone as is new to android etc and anything she wants she asks me as of a good will they have refunded the 12.50 but i don't want any more charges going onto my bill from this company as they are unauthorised.

I have also email the company buongiorno asking what apparent app/service that they was taking money for. Will wait for a reply and post info on here.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A google search returns "
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    It has came to our attention that Orange customers using Apple or HTC (Android) mobile phones are being charged some amounts on their monthly bills and
    Orange is telling them that MOBIVILLAGE is charging them these amounts. We have got nothing to do with this"
  • wantmemoney
    wantmemoney Posts: 836 Forumite
    Options
    @DUTR..that confused me....it comes from a company with a similar name.
    here's the one this thread relates to
    http://ukmobivillage.com/web/uk_itouch_web/bgames

Who We Are

Mobivillage Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales and is a subsidiary company of Buongiorno UK Ltd.
  • Zeldazog
    Zeldazog Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I
    DUTR wrote: »
    A google search returns "
    IMPORTANT NOTICE
    It has came to our attention that Orange customers using Apple or HTC (Android) mobile phones are being charged some amounts on their monthly bills and
    Orange is telling them that MOBIVILLAGE is charging them these amounts. We have got nothing to do with this"
    If you read the post that started this thread, you'd find that has already been pointed out....
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zeldazog wrote: »
    I
    If you read the post that started this thread, you'd find that has already been pointed out....

Indeed as you were, there was a lot in the post to have to read, for what is often a common story :o
  • Marianandrichard
    Marianandrichard Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 April 2012 at 2:00PM
    Options
    I was checking my Orange account on line and noticed a cost of £5.01 for ITEMS. I called them straight away and they told me it was for picture messages .... I said I had not emailed or text any photos but they were adament.

I called again and this time a woman there told me it was a company called Mobivillage charging me for Crystal ball future tellings I had subscribed to (?). I said I had not agreed or subscribed to anything at all never and I demanded a refund.

She told me to text 60113 and the word STOP which I did. I received an immediate message back saying I had NOT subscribed to any services.

I then called the 02087724859 number which Orange also gave me. There I spoke with a South African sounding guy who said I had subscribed to ifortune (never heard of it) and had signed for agreement on line. I strongly objected.

I later called again and spoke with someone calling themselves Abdul. When I asked for the manager, Abdul's accent changed to a South African one..... He told me again that I had subscribed to the future readings for my astrological sign.

I told him that I wanted a refund and the service stopped.

Watch this space .... as Orange have told me the service is costing me £2 a week. When I queried it, Orange said it was not them who were charging me so I retorted and asked how come it was on my Orange bill! This whole story is driving me mad and Orange have said they would look at my bill but would not refund me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure