IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Parking Eye lose

Options

Comments

• dataprotector
    Options
    Cr Blogger, great ideas, I am still receiving letters even though the supermarket told me they would deal with the matter, i also emailed the company again telling them to stop contacting me as i was not the driver and the driver could have been one of a number of persons in my family(which i will not bother asking them about). I also made another sec 7 DPA Request with no response so far. Will perhaps report matter to ICO!! So as for the sec 10 thing, im assuming this will apply to me as i wasnt the driver and have the best excuse i think anyone could ever have! what should i write if they send another begging letter to me as im starting to feel harrased/ intimidated/ threatened now!!! Any form of template letter would be great?
  • dataprotector
    Options
    forgot to mention that i have offered them a fiver "although i deny any liability to get them to stop writing to me"
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    AlexisV wrote: »
    Yes, presumably the keeper could name anybody on the planet, and their address, and it would be nothing to do with them any more.

If the named person did not respond to any junkmail and the PPC came back to tell the RK they were 'liable', the RK might then quote the relevant part of the Act back to them.

The Bill is a swiss cheese bit of legislation.

The driver of the vehicle that day was a Mrs E Windsor of a Number 1, SW1A 1AA.

Lets see them trying to hound her for some unpaid invoices :rotfl:
  • RobinHood2011
    Options
    Cr Blogger, great ideas, I am still receiving letters even though the supermarket told me they would deal with the matter, i also emailed the company again telling them to stop contacting me as i was not the driver and the driver could have been one of a number of persons in my family(which i will not bother asking them about). I also made another sec 7 DPA Request with no response so far. Will perhaps report matter to ICO!! So as for the sec 10 thing, im assuming this will apply to me as i wasnt the driver and have the best excuse i think anyone could ever have! what should i write if they send another begging letter to me as im starting to feel harrased/ intimidated/ threatened now!!! Any form of template letter would be great?

This is from the ICO website

What can I do if the organisation does not comply with my subject access request?

If you have sent all the necessary information and
    • the organisation does not respond to your request within 40 days; or
    • you are not satisfied with their response;
    you should send them a reminder letter by recorded delivery (and keep a copy of the letter).

If you do not get a reply fairly quickly, or you think the information you receive is wrong or incomplete, you can:
    • ask the ICO to see whether it is likely or unlikely that the organisation has responded properly; or
    • take legal action through the court.
    • ICO assessment will tell you if it is likely that the organisation has broken the Act and may help you decide whether to take legal action. However, you can take a case to court without asking us for an assessment.
    What orders can the court make?

If a court is satisfied that an organisation has not dealt with a subject access request in line with the Act, the court can order them to comply. The court also has the power to award compensation.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    @dataprotector - As I understood it you cancelled your original s.7 SAR so this sounds like a second one. Would that be correct? Going on the timings suggested by your posts you can only be a few days into the permitted 40-day response period so you would seem to be jumping the gun slightly in terms of contacting the ICO. Many large companies deal with SAR's centrally. Is that where you sent your application or did you send it to your local supermarket? Did you include a detailed description of yourself, suggested times, proof of your identity and the required fee with your application?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • RobinHood2011
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    @dataprotector - As I understood it you cancelled your original s.7 SAR so this sounds like a second one. Would that be correct? Going on the timings suggested by your posts you can only be a few days into the permitted 40-day response period so you would seem to be jumping the gun slightly in terms of contacting the ICO. Many large companies deal with SAR's centrally. Is that where you sent your application or did you send it to your local supermarket? Did you include a detailed description of yourself, suggested times, proof of your identity and the required fee with your application?

I think dataprotector knows what he is doing :xmassmile
  • Hi, I received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye in a free car park for obstructive parking. Basically i parked in 2 spaces (not a great idea but as there are very few mother and baby spaces and I had 2 children in the car) I didnt think it would be a problem. I was not aware that parking eye monitored the car park and i parked on a monday afternoon and was only in the shop 20 minutes. I came to find the PCN albeit very misleading as a formal penalty charge notice. I had not read the forums and wrote to them asking what I had done wrong. Looking back on it now I should have ignored it, but I asked them for proof. They sent me over pictures of my car parked over 2 spaces. I have now received a final notice asking for £80 and if they dont get it it increases to £110. Im just after a little re assurance - technically i guess i was in the wrong but it was a free car park and i wasnt aware of any parking restrictions. How can they warrant asking for so much. Should i ignore further or has any one got any suggestions for a suitable response.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just keep ignoring.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.Just keep ignoring.

Hmm, so you think they should ignore it then ? ;)

I think they should too since this thread is about Parking Eye being told by the court that their charges are an unenforceable penalty :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport