IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye lose

Options

Comments

• Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Sirdan wrote: »
    Bummmmmmmmmmppppppppppppppp !

(Is that allowed ??) :rotfl:

Am I paranoid or is it that every time this makes it back to the front page there seems to be an unusually high number of never seen before posters asking questions that have already been answered many many times before ??? :eek:

Hmmmm....do PE visit here ? Perhaps they don't like the fact that their stupid charges have been ruled an UNENFORCEABLE PENALTY !!! :rotfl:

(As ye sow so shall ye reap fothermuckers !)
  • Gaw5169
    Options
    Hi guys, I have just received a letter from
    Parking eye asking for a payment of
    £80 after staying over my free 2hr
    Allowed by 30mins. Just to confirm
    Do I just ignore all letters or reply
    To them stating that I do not know
    Who the driver is. Thanks
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Options
    Gaw5169 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have just received a letter from
    Parking eye asking for a payment of
    £80 after staying over my free 2hr
    Allowed by 30mins. Just to confirm
    Do I just ignore all letters or reply
    To them stating that I do not know
    Who the driver is. Thanks

Ignore is the answer, don't respond to them.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    You are under no obligation to communicate with them or make any payment. Ignore the two or three letters that will make all sorts of silly threats with no legal basis. Welcome the to the ever expanding Ignore Parking Eye Club.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Gaw5169
    Options
    Many thanks all, quite scary realy but feel loads
    Better knowing that I'm not on my own :-)
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    I have ignored four joke invoices from these muppets and they stopped writing to me when they realised I was not going to be scammed.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks all, quite scary realy but feel loads
    Better knowing that I'm not on my own :-)

Your in a club of thousands of PE ignorer's, and after their last !!!! up in Manchester I cant see it changing for a while!:)
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Many thanks all, quite scary really

That's the general idea, people are frightened into paying for something they did not do, especially the older generation who think they are official.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have told three upset people this month in carparks who had just got a scam ticket about this site they didnt know and thought the tickets were real! not any more its such a pleasure to SPREAD THE WORD :money:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Julia12_2
    Options
    Did the person who, in effect had the charges awarded against him, therefore have a CCJ registered against him too?

I have received a PCN from Parking Eye for a motorway services 'overstay' which I didn't know was anything other than free to park. I didn't see any signs (although I wasn't looking for any as I thought it was free), but there was no very obvious signage that I noticed, or I wouldn't have knowingly stayed over the 2 hrs if I thought there was any cost for doing so.

All the posts seem to be saying ignore Parking Eye. It would be my luck to be the one they pursued though. Last thing I would want is a CCJ - hence my question.

Paying a little doesn't seem to be the advice either, as you are therefore agreeing you have breached a contract?? I didn't know I had entered into any contract.

Any further advice/ reassurance would be very welcome.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport