Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!!

Options

Comments

• Lisaberry
    Options
    Princesswoo and trolleydolly - is it OK for diabetics to eat dried fruit? I'd def make this for pa but assumed dried fruit was a no no?
    If my words are missing letters then please excuse me....my keyboard is a tad dodgy!!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    I am diabetic and I would say no to dried fruit, full of sugars
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    OOO TBh I have no idea, I have had NO dealings with diabetics, just google this recipe and found it on a diabetic website.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • Lisaberry
    Options
    Thanks victory. Do you have any suggestions for sweet treats? Anything pa could have more than 'just a taster' of? Being diagnosed with diabetes at 70 after just going through radiotherapy has been a blow for him and I'd love to be able to make him some special treats for Christmas?!
    If my words are missing letters then please excuse me....my keyboard is a tad dodgy!!
  • burnham1
    Options
    my dad's a diabetic, type 1, injects a silly amount of times a day and he eats christmas cake, most things in moderation i think, its a treat not an every day eat, just be sensible i think
    ADOPT DONT SHOP......🐕🐕🐕🐕
  • burnham1
    Options
    try thorntons, they do wonderful diabetic chocolate, but it can have a laxative effect if too much is eaten ,it may be a bit more expensive but its a treat,
    ADOPT DONT SHOP......🐕🐕🐕🐕
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    got the cupcake one today to make for my elderly neighbours. Not for me, you understand ;) (have you seen the calories in one!!!)
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loads of these in Walkden, in the seasonal aisle.

I've already made my cakes, so these are going in the cupboard for next year. But I am considering donating the marzipan and icing to the woman who ices cakes at our church. If I open the red bag, is everything inside sealed, or would I do better to keep it all unopened until next year please?
  • shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quickie - if anyone cannot find them in store look up on the top shelf that you have no chance of reaching. I looked by the packet cake mix/decoration section - nothing. Went down the dried fruit lane - nothing, looked up and luckily they had a library step so I could just reach one off the top shelf.

Will be making on Saturday with my girlies when we put the decs up. Not only will the house look christmassy but it will smell christmassy too:D
  • marywb
    marywb Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    burnham1 wrote: »
    my dad's a diabetic, type 1, injects a silly amount of times a day and he eats christmas cake, most things in moderation i think, its a treat not an every day eat, just be sensible i think

as a registered dietitian I agree totally with burnham 1 - a small slice of xmas cake is fine, you know it will affect your blood sugar levels but it is xmas after all.

and with regards to 'diabetic' chocolate or any 'diabetic' goods - Diabetes UK do not recommend these products - just have a small amount of ordinary chocolate instead.

I had one of these cakes in my online delivery booked for tomorrow night, just went in to update my basket and the cake mix is no longer available - boo hoo :(

Does anyone know if it is available in Tesco Express stores as I won't be able to get to my nearest large store until early next week?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure