Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2014 at 11:32PM
    Options
    halfmanx wrote: »
    as for the free take back service...
    Do you understand that the free take back service is applicable when a customer delivers the WEEE item to the store?

If you were expecting Argos to collect your old fridge freezer, they can charge for that service.

See question 10 from the FAQ document linked to by Mije1983:
    Q10. Can I charge for collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) on delivery?

A. Yes, if you are offering collection on delivery you can charge for the logistical costs of the service, but this should be related to the actual costs of the service.

Sorry if I have missed the point you were trying to make, but that could possibly be due to the very poor quality of your post.

Oh... don't waste your time reporting them to the EU.
    If they have broken any law, it is UK law they have broken, and as such it is through UK channels that you should report.
  • Money-Saving-King
    Money-Saving-King Posts: 2,044 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2014 at 7:10AM
    Options
    halfmanx wrote: »
    below is a order placed for a new fridge freezer.As my old one is about to comit suicide by the sounds it is making.
    Argos completely made a mess over.plus the scheme where retailors have to take your old aplience on delivery of your new one.to be recylced.free of charge.they did not ring me about my delivery.that i contacted them last week about.they rang me due to my concern over them breaking eu law.they were not bothered about me getting my fridge freezer.when i should of.
    beware anyone buying from argos.stay tuned for the updates.
    LikeLike · · Share
    Keith Corkill

Keith Corkill
    6 mins · Leicester ·
    Thank you for your email regarding your Fridge Freezer.
    I am sorry to read that your order did not process for delivery on the Friday 12th July 2014. I can confirm we do have delivery dates available however the earliest date we can have your order delivered is Monday 28th July 2014. If this date meets with your approval please can you contact us on 0345 6402020 and my colleague will be delighted to assist you.
    Too address the comments you have noted in your recent email se...

Keith Corkill id just like to thank you for messing my delivery up.the poor service is a
    joke.and i will be making sure its well advetised on the apropiate sites on
    the net.,to warn other customers of your conduct.

as for the free take back service.i will be passing on my findings to the eu
    itself.as ive printed of the correct ruling and the updated amendments.that
    clearly your advisors are as innept as your service.
    you have not provided an alternative free take back service as you will not
    do it yourselfs.you are only obiding by small items take back not bulky
    electrical items.regulation 44 you are clearly breaking.and im sure
    regulation 45 you to are breaking.DTS for customers is not being observed
    or provided.as dircted by the eu ruling.you do not desplay all your schemes
    to customers nor provide written ones to.article 2 of directive as not been
    done in this case.

reporting a infringement of the waste electrical regulations 2006.is my next
    course of action.
    the vca is a department that investigates such matters........the stores i
    observed of yours not only in leicester but other towns i visted.i have
    recorded the infringemts.by means of my mobile phone.and this will also be
    passed onto the vlc.with copys of emails and phone conversations.
    ireland ,and scotland and the isle of man have different rules.but the uk as
    the rules i researched.
    so i guess you will have to learn by your mistakes.and your lack of real
    customer service.and im sure the feedback and the bad publicity.will show on
    the lead up to christmas.when the public see.what argos is realy like.
    i will no longer be buying anything from yourselfs.i shall give my custom to
    retailors who look after there customers.

You do realise they'll know you're bluffing (in terms you are guessing the law and have got it wrong) and will be having a laugh at that email rather than worrying?

Also your email is poorly worded and should have been at least ran through a spell check if you were planning on pretending you know the law.
  • GazelleS
    GazelleS Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 24 October 2014 at 11:41AM
    Options
    Hi all,

I had a delivery issue with Argos and complaint to obtain compensation, see below my complaint email with email address sent and response from PA to homeretail group director after phone conversation.

I've emailed every single email address I could find on a Saturday and got a phone call the following Monday morning.

Note I've replaced my personal information by ...

Hope this can help!

Dear Mrs ...
    Further to our conversation and as promised, I have processed a credit on your order of £100.00.
    The delivery of the order is booked for 14/5/12 between 12:00-18:00.
    Once again, on behalf Argos I am truly sorry for the disappointment and inconvenience this matter has caused you.
    Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct on 01908 789171.
    Yours Sincerely!

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Kind regards,

Subject: Complaint about a Argos late delivery
    Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 09:43:30 +0000
    Dear Sir, Madam,
    On the 21st of April 2014 I've ordered the Sherington Pine Kingsize Bed Frame - 4 Drawers 666/2277 and the Airsprung Medway Comfort Kingsize Mattress 166/3484.
    I had to order via phone as your website was unfortunately inaccessible at the time.
    The agent who took my order over the phone offered me different delivery options and I chose the closest one which was on the 7th of May 2014 in the morning.
    When I asked her to confirmed it will be delivered for sure on that day she assured me it will be.
    The total amount of the order so £486.43 was taken from by bank account on the 23rd of April 2014.
    Please note I never received any email or text confirming this order so unfortunately I do not have any order number to give you to facilitate your research.
    On the 1st of May 2014 so 10 days after my order was taken and not even one week before my supposed delivery I had a call from one of your agent saying that the order could not be delivered on the 7th as promised but will be delivered on the 14th so one week later.
    I told you agent that this was not possible as I was moving to a new flat on the 7th and I needed my bed as there was not bed on this flat (the bed on my old flat belonged to the landlord).
    Your agent then told me she was sorry but there was nothing she could do as your supplier was late and could not deliver the goods to you before the week from 5th to 11th of May and she offered to credit back on my card the delivery fees for £8.95 (which have been credited on my account on the 2nd of May).
    When I told her this was not sufficient as I specifically chose the date to move to my new fat on the 7th so the day I was supposed to receive my bed and mattress and therefore if I received the delivery on the 14th I would have to sleep for 1 week on the floor she offered to order for me an air mattress that I refused and when I told her that I specifically chose a bed frame with drawers because I have many things to store she said that my flat will be a bit messy for a week...
    Can you imagine my surprise when I was trying to figure myself sleeping with an air mattress and having mess all around the flat for a week, she might as well have suggested that I go camping for a week it would have done the same effect...
    When I told her that was unacceptable and that I wanted to talk to her manager or director she said there was none she then offered to give me an email address to complain. I've asked her to email me the details as I was at work and had to isolated myself in the kitchen to take her call and therefore had nothing to note. She said she will email me the details, to this day I never received any email.
    I am now taking the opportunity to express my discontentment once again because as previously said the agent who took my order over the phone assured me the delivery will be done on the 7th and that's the reason I've order the goods to your company. If I had known from the beginning that the delivery would be done on the 14th I would have never ordered.
    I believe when an order is made from a customer to a company with agreement of all details from both parties such as price and delivery date this acts as a contract, when one of the parties brakes this contract such as not delivering on the agreed date this is a breach of contract therefore measures should be taken.
    The reimbursement of the delivery fees is one thing but you can imagine that £8.95 over £486.43 is a drop in an ocean and this is not acceptable regarding all the inconvenience caused.
    I also believe that you have taken actions for your supplier to pay a fee for delivering those goods late and I demand the same.
    I am now requesting a reimbursement of a minimum of 10% of the total amount for each days late on the delivery, so a minimum of 70% for 7 days if the delivery really happens on the 14th.
    Please be aware that if I do not receive a satisfactory response from your part within 5 working days I will not hesitate to contact the Trading Standards Institute to raise a complaint and make them aware of your processes and also some media consumer advice such as BBC Watchdog.
    Kind regards,
    The information contained in this message or any of its attachments is confidential and may be privileged. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or dissemination of the contents is strictly prohibited. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and advise the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.!
    All messages sent and received by Home Retail Group are monitored for viruses, high-risk file extensions, and inappropriate content.!
    The registered office address of Home Retail Group plc (registered in London, number 5863533) is (Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Please visit our website at!!for further information about Home Retail Group.
  • NsG_JESTER
    Options
    i pre ordered a game from argos that is released on tuesday 4th November, i checked the order online today only to see that the item i ordered has completely changed description, image etc (still the same game just without the pre order bonuses etc) i rang up to check and they told me that they will cancel the order and i would get the funds back to my paypal within 2 - 5 days and the lady i spoke with was VERY understanding as she also ordered the game for her nephew and was also going to cancel it for same reason as me,

Anyways i get a text about 3 hours later from argos saying my item has now been dispatched and will be delivered by the 3rd of Nov by Royal Mail 1st class delivery....

Confused I rang again... asked them to confirm the order was cancelled, they said yes and the funds would be back to me withing 48 hours usually with paypal, and that the game will definitely not be sent, the person on the phone said its unusual for me to get the text as its showing no order on my account now, and he said that if i recieved the game that it would be unlikely for them to know or not as the items sent are not traced. (which to me seemed as if he was saying if i do receive it then dont let them know!)

My question is,,, if i receive the funds back, and the game actually arrives on the 3rd like my text said, then what do i do? the nearest argos to me is 35 miles away and i dont drive, i am worried they might take the money from my account again.

Heeelllp

The game i ordered had lots of bonus things etc, early access and additional items, yet the one showing on my order is now completely different and just bog standard, so i will buy elsewhere now.
  • wealdroam
    Options
    NsG_JESTER wrote: »
    My question is,,, if i receive the funds back, and the game actually arrives on the 3rd like my text said, then what do i do? the nearest argos to me is 35 miles away and i dont drive, i am worried they might take the money from my account again.
    Put it to one side and wait for them to contact you and arrange it's collection.

If they do take the money again, phone up and complain bitterly.
  • Andysue
    Andysue Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Ordered a Doro phone on the 1st December, It is to be delivered from their supplier through the post. I have been in touch twice with Argos who say they have emailed their sipplier who will phone me to tell me where the phone is.
    I HAVE HEARD NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA.
    Have tried to phone Argos again but just keep getting cut off.
    I have now had to take up a despute with Paypal to get my money back as I cant get in touch with Argos. They havnt even responded to Paypal.
    I will never buy from Argos again unless I can get it over the counter. Half the time they are too expensive any way. I am totally disgusted with them.
  • donnagarside
    Options
    i bought a sofa on february 7th, they've delivered the wrong sofa twice and now i'm still waiting for my sofa 2 months later.
  • GRIFFINSM
    Options
    Please help!
    I ordered a mattress from argos and paid an extra £19.99 to recylcle my old mattress on 2nd April. Delivery was originally for 11th April. I was unavailable so delivery re scheduled for 10th. I had to place my old mattess in recycle bag ready for them. They text on 10th to say delivery was cancelled. So, my mattress is now sealed in this bag. I am sleeping on my sofa. Argos re arranged delivery for the 11th.......the date i was not available. They messaged me to say they couldnt deliver......shock horror!
    I have been in contact and next available date is the 19th. I have explained i am a shift worker and am sleeping on my sofa. They offered £8.95 back delivery charge as a good will gesture. I dont think this is acceptable considering i will have slept on my sofa for 9 nights. What can i do?
    :question:
  • wealdroam
    Options
    GRIFFINSM wrote: »
    Please help!
    I ordered a mattress from argos and paid an extra £19.99 to recylcle my old mattress on 2nd April. Delivery was originally for 11th April. I was unavailable so delivery re scheduled for 10th. I had to place my old mattess in recycle bag ready for them. They text on 10th to say delivery was cancelled. So, my mattress is now sealed in this bag. I am sleeping on my sofa. Argos re arranged delivery for the 11th.......the date i was not available. They messaged me to say they couldnt deliver......shock horror!
    I have been in contact and next available date is the 19th. I have explained i am a shift worker and am sleeping on my sofa. They offered £8.95 back delivery charge as a good will gesture. I dont think this is acceptable considering i will have slept on my sofa for 9 nights. What can i do?
    Scroll up to the top of this page and click on the text -
    Failed Delivery? Fight Back! 'If I waste a day, you'll pay'

You should get some good ideas from that article.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GRIFFINSM wrote: »
    Please help!

Personally I'd open the recycling bag and use my current mattress until the new one is delivered.

But that feels like far too easy a solution so perhaps theres more circumstances we're not aware of.

Is there a reason (other than breaking the seal) that you can't use your old mattress? Have you incurred any actual losses (ie lost wages/annual leave)?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure