Delivery rights: Argos

Options

Comments

• I ordered a sofa from Argos on line Mid September - when i placed the order delivery date was given as Tuesday 20th November(today) - i recieved a phone call today advising the delivery would not be made today and MIGHT be made on 7th December if the stock was in. The reason for non-delivery was that the supplier let Argos down. However my issue is - why was i only notified today that I would not recieve my goods all i got was "i am very sorry" - i then had to ask to be contacted once they had confirmation on the delivery date. This was not offered by the manager that i spoke to and no mention of compensation. Extremelly fustration 3 months for a sofa - not exceptable at all.
    Martin can you help?
  • alanr82
    Options
    Can anyone help me out I ordered a game due out on the 2/11/12 from argos it was dispatched on the 1/11/12 been on to them a few times only to find out today its been signed for I know it was no one from my home. I and housemate were at work it was only today they said it had been signed for after numerous emails back and forth anyone know were I stand
  • Daytona675
    Options
    Waited in the whole day between 7.00am and 8.00pm as advised. Nothing. Nothing except a solitary pass by my house by a Yodel van at about 3.45 pm. The only delivery van to have passed all day. Without boring you with all the details why, it is impossible for me to miss one from my property. My house has a name rather than a number and I assumed that if they were looking for me but missed me the first time that they would turn around, drive back and try again. Wrong! Called Argos the following morning and the excuse Yodel gave them was that they were unable to access the property. Utter rubbish. Not receiving the goods and the hassle of chasing them up and having to cancel the order and obtain a refund is one thing, but knowing that Yodel then lied about is almost worse.
  • Daytona675
    Options
    I have emailed a complaint direct to Yodel. The Argos rep said he would make a note of my dissatisfaction on the file. We all know what that means - nothing. I have asked to make a formal complaint and have been promised that a senior manager will call me back today.

I have had quite a few online shopping deliveries in the past. This is my first experience with Argos - and the worst. Other companies such as Currys and Appliances Online have been very impressive with lots of email and text updates, and some even equip their drivers with mobile phones and customer telephone numbers so thay can make contact in the event of a problem. Also this is the only company I know that does not give you a sensible time slot for delivery. Instead they expect you to sit in waiting for a possible 13 hours.

As you may guess, I am very annoyed by this. I will keep you posted as to any progress with my complaint
  • Pedcoats
    Options
    Hi there.

I have a new home for me and my family to move in.
    I placed an order with you on 18th November 2012, order number 202777135. I was told my delivery date was 5th December 2012. This then set the wheels in motion, i booked the day off work, got the place cleaned and decorated, sorted out the old home bills and moving date. This now is a presure time, so i tracked the order, the order was incompete, the bed was missing. I made a call wich takes a long time to get through but i must find out. I was told it shows up on the screen there end and not to worry. The dout bugged me so i emailed you so as to have cofermation of my contact with you. I got a reply, saying the headboard does come with the bed. This was not what i was looking for, so again i went through the telephone. Again i was told dont worry every thing is going to plan, and we can change the date to the 3rd December 2012. On Friday the 30th November, i get a call 09.41 that there is a problem not sure what it is but ill call you back, I was told. Later that day still no call, iam moving in on Monday i have booked the day off all is set for that day, the panic starts. So i again go through the call prosses 14.46. This time i was told the order is not coming at all, the couch is the problem, we dont know when its coming, sorry. Thats it, iam in shock now, so start to think, get home and again go through the call carry on. I expain it all again to someone new as i pull my hair out. Bottom line sorry and thats that....... So i said ok ill cancel the order and over the weekend ill go buy the stuff from shops and job done. So when can i get my money? I was told 5 days time, not there fault sorry. I told them you took 2 days to take £1351.89 from my account, you cant give it back for 5, ive lost a days work, have no furniture for the move in on Monday i have left my old home, you have changed the move date two times, you have confirmed so many times that all is great not to worry.........The answer. sorry, that is that. So i ask for the manager, they are buzy the may call you back in 1 to 3 hours, or Saturday maybe...... I waite. I get a call 2 hours later, from a girl called Lel about 19.30. She told me that they are sorry after i explain it all again. I will call you back as soon as i can and try and sort it out said Lel. I waite. Lel the wee star she is and her cmpanion dont know there name, told me the problem is the drawers for under the bed. Jings i can live without them for the moment, Lel also said the best they can do is Thursday 6th December 2012, and the drawer will be on 7th January 2013. The releife that Lel and her mate sorted it all out was magic but i still feel terrable, shocked, misstreated, aaaaggggggg. Lel and her freind did a great job, but still feel very upset and put out. As i now have two more days to book, 7.12.12 and 7.01.13 because of this major harrasing blunder. If i want to claim for my second missed date the set by them, I have to contact HR they have to send a copy of my payslip,along with proof i work for them, I also have to prove who Iam along with that. Its so frustraiting, Iam angry, the kids are upset its a right injustice.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pedcoats wrote: »
    Hi there.
    <snip the rest>
    Pedcoats, welcome to the forums.

Is that just a rant or do you want to ask any questions about your consumer rights?
  • jjm26_2
    Options
    HELP REQUIRED!!

Hi, I ordered 4 dinner chairs from Argos 2 weeks ago & was advised they would be delivered from 12pm - 6pm on Friday 30th Nov.

Yesterday I called to see where the chairs were only to advised they had been delivered & signed for @ 11:16am.

I have checked with all my neighbours & no one has taken delivery of the chairs.

Each time I call Argos to get to the bottom of it, they say it could easily be my signature on the forms, making it out I'm chancing my arm.

Where do I stand??

Thanks
  • jjm26_2
    Options
    alanr82 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out I ordered a game due out on the 2/11/12 from argos it was dispatched on the 1/11/12 been on to them a few times only to find out today its been signed for I know it was no one from my home. I and housemate were at work it was only today they said it had been signed for after numerous emails back and forth anyone know were I stand

Hi, did you ever get this resolved?

I have the same issue with dinner chairs just now. Angry doesnt cover it!!

Any help greatly appreciated.
  • LesField
    Options
    Home Delivery warning!

I cancelled my original order for an iPad mini from Apple as Argos had one and could deliver it quicker. So I ordered it for delivery to an alternative delivery address on Monday at a friends house.

As my friends name was different to mine Yodel would not leave it, and took it back. I called them and arranged to collect it from Yodels depo but was told I had to wait until Tuesday. I got there at 8am and was told they had sent it back to Argos by mistake. I spoke to Argos who arranged for re-delivery on Thursday.

I then took a day off work on Thursday and still no delivery. Phoned Argos to be told 3-5 days, I asked to speak to a manager who then said that it's not come back, they cant find it in the warehouse and they have none in stock and I will have to wait until they get a delivery sometime next year.

If it's in stock be prepared to wait over a month for delivery.
  • Lacey820
    Options
    I have had many problems with argos home delivery the first was last year I had to wait three months with three different delivery dates the first was cancelled a day before delivery which my partner took the day off work! The second four weeks later was cancelled the day before delivery finally after three months arrived but was poor quality & damaged rather than wait another couple of months I was refunded my delivery charge & £50 cheque as compensation.

The second was Dec 2012 I ordered a washing machine & dryer from them they said the supplier hotpoint will contact me by 16 January 2013 now when I checked on line the dryer said delivery from 35 days now I telephoned argos to make sure this didn't apply to my order as I was one of the first people to place an order for this item I have been waiting for it to come into stock they said the supplier only has the washing machine the dryer is out of stock may be getting more in on 11 February 2013 which would be eight weeks after order placed but also couldn't guarantee it & that the item had never even been in stock on there website in the first place! After a telephone call lasting approximately 20 minutes I finally cancelled my order I found the same washing machine & a different type of dryer the same make from the same supplier but ordered through John Lewis they said that I would receive a call to arrange delivery & will be delivered within 3 working days which is exactualy what happend how can they do this in under three days and Argos cant manage it in five weeks?How can they sell items they don't have in stock even have the cheek to place on promotion & make you wait they don't know how long for your items is absolutely discusting they earned interested on my money for 5 weeks after 3 complaints & a telephone conversation with a snotty manager called Jan all I was offered was to complete a form with evidence from my telephone provider & they will refund me for my cost of calls how insulting. I am now going to wright a letter to Terry Duddy who is the CEO so fingers crossed might get somewhere.

Finally I recently ordered a chest of drawers & a floor lamp on Homebase website (Argos sister company) I tried ordering it on my partners card would not process so tried again on my phone paid with my card I received a confirmation email with a delivery date all was fine untill my delivery arrived & I noticed I had two lamps one in my name & the other in my partners we checked our banks and had both been charged I only received confirmation for my order & we never even entered a secure code when trying to purchase on my partners card after calling them they said they had a few problems with the website & transferring me between two different departments finally managed to cancel the drawers which was refunded after a few days the floor lamp however was arranged for collection after more phone calls two complaints my partner having to give confirmation to allow them to pay money back into his account when he never even gave it to take it out in the first place! Was told twice we was being refunded after three weeks we finally got the money back even if it was put Into my account instead... I was offered a £15 Gift card as a goodwill to cover the cost of calls & that the floor lamp had become £5 cheaper.....

I will never order from them again they should not take your money until the item is ready to be dispatched and work closure with there suppliers so they only list what they actually have in stock on there website also have a quicker & accurate delivery date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure