Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Girls night on Wednesday. I'm making BNS soup and buying rolls from local German bakery. The bread is fantastic.
    Is that the one that involves an IQ test to get them :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Is that the one that involves an IQ test to get them :rotfl:.

Am getting a dab hand now :rotfl::rotfl:

Xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Afternoon, spent three hours on the beach and DD is looking relaxed and has caught up on sleep.

We were chatting today about how little it costs to live here. We must surely be ripped off constantly at home. The other thing I appreciate is the light. I am writing this, sat outside and it is beautiful. It was about 5.45pm last night before it was almost dark.

Right, I'm off to make a coffee and have a slice of Christmas cake :T

Best wishes Tilly x x x
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon, spent three hours on the beach and DD is looking relaxed and has caught up on sleep.
    Nap on the roof for me sleeping-in-hammock.gif :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Sounds heavenly. Well done to you both for working so hard to be able to have these choices. I hope that it is an inspiration to those who are just starting to post. It seems like such a long haul at the start but with perseverance we can all have lovely lives while spending less.

All the very best,

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DD and I are having a fab time. Slightly cloudy today but breakfast and lunch eaten outdoors. Walked on the beach and along cliff top - need to remember to put FitB on ;)

Dinner with friends tomorrow but before that the DW repair man is coming - ok, first world problems but I am not going without a DW :eek:

Girls night on Wednesday. I'm making BNS soup and buying rolls from local German bakery. The bread is fantastic.

Thursday will find us in Spain and Friday in Gibraltar then home to meet the boys for dinner with friends. Mr T and DS should arrive by 9pm :T

Saturday is lunch on the beach and Sunday is church, then off for a late lunch at a local restaurant. They have a great jazz session and it will be a long old lunch.

All in all a great few days and it is much cheaper to live well here. So looking forward to moving eventually.

Right, I am making a decaf coffee then bed.

Tilly x x

This all sounds so amazing and you really deserve it x
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds heavenly. Well done to you both for working so hard to be able to have these choices. I hope that it is an inspiration to those who are just starting to post. It seems like such a long haul at the start but with perseverance we can all have lovely lives while spending less.

And this! As someone only a year into a 30 year mortgage with a not-dissimilar size debt to Tilly's when she started her diary, I've been struggling a bit recently with feeling overwhelmed but reading diaries such as Tilly's, yours and both GG's really does make me remember what I am working towards :)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree :j Having the choice to live how you want to live is wonderful :j and inspiring posts like these are just the ticket :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening, what a fab day. We've spent the afternoon and evening with a really good chum and his kids. I was/am quite strict as a parent and he is too - great kids and fun/mischievous without being a pain in the butt. Arrived at hotel and parked right outside :T and a couple of glasses of fizz and now we are looking forward to a good sleep.

Mr T and DS have seen the Star Wars film and are packed ready for tomorrow.

Diesel is 62p per litre :T:eek::T:eek::T:eek:

Right, night all.

Tilly x x x
  • Sounds like you're all having a fab holiday Tilly family :) Although the temperatures here are warm and balmy for this time of year, it's not quite beach weather ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback