Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Nighty night Tilly - sweet dreams

Hope I do get to meet your mum - she must be an amazing lady to have had such a lovely daughter as you :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like a well-deserved early night, Tilly xxx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tilly, you're packing so much in :j:j:j hope that means you're loads better, you sound it, even though you are cream crackered :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly, thanks so much for the spreadsheets and your kind words as well. I'm not sure this week is the right time to start meal planning monthly (although I do tend to do weekly), but I'm quite looking forward to it in the new year! Thanks :)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, what a week :). Brilliant day with mum which included hat trying on. Great to see someone in their 90s laughing out loud. She had people coming up to her to chat, simply because she was having such a good time and it was infectious. I was able to borrow a wheelchair which made life much easier.

Dinner out with friends - excellent value at £110 for four which included pre dinner drinks, post dinner drinks, plus a good quality three course meal.

I'm packed and ready to go. Christmas cards are written and posted.

NattyPants - if you are reading at all, can you send me your address please :)

All addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, anniversaries etc all up to date on excel. One stop shop now which is excellent.

Washing is planned for today and I will iron late afternoon. I want to leave the minimum of jobs for Mr T. He along with DS will join us next week.

I really am feeling that things are back under control now. Being free'd of the mortgage has done very positive things for my brain and I seem to have my old enthusiasm back, for planning ahead.

Best wishes, Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really am feeling that things are back under control now. Being free'd of the mortgage has done very positive things for my brain and I seem to have my old enthusiasm back, for planning ahead.
    :T Glad you are feeling so positive. I am in the positive camp at the moment and looking forward to plan making for 2016 :D
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How lovely, Tilly! For you and your mum and your family in the future as a whole.

And unusually for me, I have spreadsheet envy :):):) well done you!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have a brilliant break Tilly..lets try and catch up when youre back

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,940 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had a lovely catch up with diary. hopefully will catch up with you when you are back for a natter xx Have a lovely break
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    DD and I are having a fab time. Slightly cloudy today but breakfast and lunch eaten outdoors. Walked on the beach and along cliff top - need to remember to put FitB on ;)

Dinner with friends tomorrow but before that the DW repair man is coming - ok, first world problems but I am not going without a DW :eek:

Girls night on Wednesday. I'm making BNS soup and buying rolls from local German bakery. The bread is fantastic.

Thursday will find us in Spain and Friday in Gibraltar then home to meet the boys for dinner with friends. Mr T and DS should arrive by 9pm :T

Saturday is lunch on the beach and Sunday is church, then off for a late lunch at a local restaurant. They have a great jazz session and it will be a long old lunch.

All in all a great few days and it is much cheaper to live well here. So looking forward to moving eventually.

Right, I am making a decaf coffee then bed.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills