Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done to DS :) - definitely make it part of the cake baking deal that a slice is left for mum and dad (can always share one - saves on calories! :D)

Love the 'light' feeling from your posts at the mo, Tilly - long may they continue! :)
    xxx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Hey Tills!

Hope all is well with Clan Tilly :) I was just thinking about you :D ...

I'm currently making Yotam Ottolenghi's Baked Orzo and Mozarella (scroll down for recipe), and I'm using Bagos Biava - Milaneza brand :D Sadly, not brought back from fairest, sunshiney-est Portugal, :( but brought back from an almost equally as warm and sunshiney-est, Weymouth (in October no less!) :D from a little portugese deli there :D I have some Macarrao sedani rigate too ;) - not that I'm one to brag...... :rotfl:Popped it all in with a 29p aubergine from MrL's promo last week and a ball of mozzarella (Galbani brand, bought 3 for £1 from H3ron Foods and stuck 'em in the freezer :D) and that's us tea sorted! :D

All's well at the towers :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening Greent, I really have had to learn some harsh lessons this year. I have given and given to a corporation and I'm basically worn out now. I'm making good progress now but I have had to learn my life will be different in the future. About time shouts Mr T :rotfl:

Greying, lovely to see you :T. If I hadn't been entertaining, I would have hot footed it to see you as dinner sounds scrumdidleumtious :T

You have taught me something this evening, I had no idea that you could freeze mozzarella - excellent.

Look forward to catching up.

Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    AJ, I wish I had had your sense ;). Although both of us were cross with DS we were pleased that he recognised what he had done and how. What is even more interesting is that he is talking to his mates at school and helping them.

All parents are proud of their children, I'm sure and it's definitely a challenge at times. I look at our two and I see well rounded, sociable individuals who can talk to anyone, show respect etc and that makes me think we've done a good job. I am pretty certain the exposure they have had through their extra curricular activities has helped but I am happy with how they cope with life.

Right, it must be sleep time.

Night, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    You have taught me something this evening, I had no idea that you could freeze mozzarella - excellent.

Something I learnt from Memorygirl - works perfectly fine for the more expensive stuff (well, I've never tried it with Buffalo mozzarella, 'coz I don't think I've ever bought any.......), such as GAlbani brand, either bought on special, or YS'd in mrW, or for the valoo stuff from the supermercados. Of course, you have to let it defrost thoroughly, but I've not noticed a significant change in texture - and it's ooey gooey qualities are definitely not affected if you're cooking with it :D

Take care you :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £10/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening Greent, I really have had to learn some harsh lessons this year. I have given and given to a corporation and I'm basically worn out now. I'm making good progress now but I have had to learn my life will be different in the future. About time shouts Mr T :rotfl:
    Me too :j:j:j it's an eye opener, isn't it - as you know, I'm struggling a bit right now, but its good to be able to understand *why* the struggle, you can do something about it then - giving too much is a prime one, I think, unfortunately.

Am shouting out with Mr T :D

And waving at Greying :)

2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Tilly x x x

LOVING this ... and loving the good vibes xxxx
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I'll raise a glass to different lives :beer: Can't believe that it's nearly a year since I stopped work

PS, Great to see Greying :)
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    El! I named you on my thread about five minutes ago, and I genuinely didn't know you were back today!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    I'll raise a glass to different lives :beer: Can't believe that it's nearly a year since I stopped work

Been quite a year for many of us on here :T. Glad to hear all so positive Tilly, just need a little trip to the sun to finish it off :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback