Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Morning T, working from home today, so catching up!

What a great idea about hound being a blood donor. One of my dogs had to have a transfusion once and I was so grateful. I'll ask the vet to see if ours can be on the list, thank you.
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had no idea that dogs could be blood donors! Makes sense, when you think of the operations that vets do, I just never considered it!

Hope *you* get a cuppa in somewhere, Tilly :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hollyboll
    Hollyboll Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options

OK, enough - I have put the ironing off long enough ….

Really? i'm not convinced there's any such time period ….:rotfl::rotfl:

Going back a few posts, I'm another cheese-freezer. Amazed how it works for all sorts - learned this from a friend who used to bring back whole bries (quite runny) from France, chop them up and freeze them.
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    If it helps, I only iron quilt covers and pillow cases. I love hopping into a bed with fresh linen. Joking aside, when we move permanently I probably will change the bedding a few times a week. As everything dries on the line so quickly, plus rarely needs ironing, I may go into bed changing overdrive :rotfl:

Not massive amounts achieved. DS and DH walked the hounds and then DS, along with ten kilo weight in a backpack, ran up hills. He is in training for some physical tests and needs to be at the top of his game.

I went for a shiatsu treatment - hope I've spelt it correctly. Weird, weird, weird. I have never had one before and I saw myself floating, plus could see colours. Please note, this is all without the aid of wine Gally, so sssshhhhhhh :rotfl:

I have been wiped out for the rest of the day and am having a night of indulgence. DH is cooking steak, jacket potatoes and making a salad.

Study is sorted :T

Hope everyone is safe - pics of oop North on BBC news look shocking.

Night, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Floating while sober is *lots* of fun - but yes, getting rid of the toxins being chucked out of your body is tiring. Take it easy today :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hi Tilly

I've caught up with your diary in instalments over the years and have just blitzed the last 18 months or so. I'm sure I've commented before, but cannot remember my user name!

I just wanted to say that I've found your diary an inspiration in the past, and catching up has reminded me that I do want to be mwf... I suppose I'd better do something about it as the mortgage won't pay itself ;)

Huge congratulations on ridding yourself of the mortgage and planning for the future!

My past couple of years have been a bit out of kilter with having my little boy, being on maternity leave, my other half's employment being a bit unsteady for a while, moving house and then my dad being ill and losing him earlier this year. I don't think we're going to stay in this house, but I'm not sure if we can afford to move at the moment, and we have other btl properties that we might look into paying down/off first. However I need to make a dent into the mortgage debt to give me options so I'd better get going... Off to batch cook and do a freezer inventory ;) I will pm you for your meal planning spreadsheet if that's ok?

Thanks so much for all the inspiration!
  • Hollyboll
    Hollyboll Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    If it helps, I only iron quilt covers and pillow cases. I love hopping into a bed with fresh linen. Joking aside, when we move permanently I probably will change the bedding a few times a week. As everything dries on the line so quickly, plus rarely needs ironing, I may go into bed changing overdrive :rotfl:

Now TIlly when you say 'only' iron those, I think you don't really mean that ... I'm sure you iron quite a lot else :rotfl::rotfl: As you know, ironing not my thing but in fairness I do know what you mean about fresh linen - it feels completely different in/on which to drift off - but for me that remains a hotel treat and there are several 'domestic goddess' changes I'd have to manage before that one at home :)

As for the move to Portugal ... Gally claims without a breeze even in high temps the things don't dry, so I'm sure you'll still be able to justify lots of ironing. And of course if it would assist you to be changing lots of beds every few days I'm sure you could find some fans to visit you ... only to be altruistic of course ....

On the note of drifting off, the shiatsu sounds great - I've never tried it but sounds brilliant. Long may your sober floating continue :j
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Hollyboll, fortunately where our house is, tends to get some good breeze. If you can hang stuff out on the lines, even without a breeze, I speak from experience that it dries. Gally and our locations are very different and I'm guessing that's why.

Hope you're feeling better.

Tilly x x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening, I have definitely been a bit spaced out today but we have done loads in the house.

Cheeky, I will send a menu plan later on tonight. Glad to be of help. It's hard to lose such close family. I hope Christmas gives you all the opportunity to remember good family occasions.

Sober floating is definitely odd :rotfl:

Night, Tilly x x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening, dare I say that I've come to bed for an early night. I am completely cream crackered.

So much has been achieved which will make life easier for this coming week. We are out a lot during the week in the run up to Christmas and because we will be away. Trying to fit everything in and not forget gifts etc is fun.

Freezer and larder inventory update and menu plan through until Sunday, 3 January is complete.

Money is a bit tight but all will be well. Mr T doesn't need any shopping bar milk whilst DD and I are away. I will meet Mr T and DS at the airport a week in Friday and they can come home to a Christmassy house, wood burner lit and a beef casserole in the SC.

I am making Tom Kerridge's stuffing for Christmas Day and have packed juniper berries in a small bag to take with me.

Study looks so clean and tidy - we really have chucked more stuff out and OU books, which I thought DH would never part with, have gone. We are back to a place for everything and everything in its place :j

I am off to see mum tomorrow and am taking her to her favourite garden centre, then to a choral event, then helping her wrap presents. She is off to stay with my sister for a few weeks, then coming here.

MWC, you may meet her I think :)

Gally and I won't be meeting up before Christmas sadly. However, I have an 80th birthday party to attend early next year, so will be back in Portugal and we are rescheduling :T.

Right, I need to switch my brain off.

Night, Tilly x x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business