Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I hope you're asleep right now :kisses3:

:). woke up a few mins ago. Feeling much better - can't beat restorative sleep.

Take care, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    If I have a headache, or when I was having vertigo, I found that a few hours sleep did me the world of good.

Glad you are feeling better

Terrible news from Paris, beyond belief really
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Goldiegirl, sleep really is a wonderful healer :)

Glad TSB have sorted your account now - they don't make it easy.

Best wishes Tilly x x
  • Hollyboll
    Options
    Tilly ... just saw your chronicles are heading towards 10,000 posts - and well over HALF A MILLION views!!!
    Which made me look back at your start date again ... how could we have missed the diary's birthday?

:bdaycake:

xx
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi, I really don't know where this week has gone. I have fitted in a massage at the college- brilliant one hour long, £10 :T

Walking has been a bit hit and miss but only because I've been focussing on clearing some stuff, which I didn't have the mental strength to touch before. All, bar one of the tasks, are finished. Thank goodness.

We have had an interesting chat with DS this week. It appears for the last three weeks he has been 'popping' out of school at lunchtime, with his mates, to buy food. He still eats his lunch, but buys additions. He went to take cash out to go to the cinema and dinner with friends and there were pennies in his account. "Can I borrow some money", was followed with why......... We did relent and give him cash to go to the cinema etc but he is now actively working it off. £5 per hour doing cleaning duties - the hard stuff, pulling out the sofas, beds and vacuuming, cleaning skirting boards etc. however, the most interesting thing is what he said in the car last night. I was dropping him off at the cinema. "Mum, I didn't realise I was spending it, you don't when it's on a card". BINGO - massive life lesson methinks. He has now decided to only take out cash and not waste money on bits and bobs for lunch. He used the MSE tool to show how much money he would waste in a year - that was an eye opener for him.

DS back on track :T

@Holllyboll, I must admit even I forgot about my anniversary. That's unusual for me, but my mind has been occupied I guess. I think the people reading are probably using my diary to help with insomnia :rotfl:

Meal planning over the weekend for December and January. New lodger is moving in soon.

All in all, things looking good and I will definitely end the year in a far better place physically and mentally than I started this one.

Best wishes, Tilly x x x
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    My sons were terrible with money at that age. All sensible now, but they do seem to take longer to take money seriously than girls do. Hope I am not making a shocking generalisation!
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Squirrel, I can definitely say he is learning fast. He is working hard to clear it.

Best wishes Tilly x
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plus they seem to have hollow legs ... I remember kids aged 10-13 eating adult meals, and snacking on what a grown woman would think of as a quick lunch. They don't seem to stop eating!

ETA - your massage sounds wonderful :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Brilliant evening at the theatre. Mr T described it as a date night. I think I'm too old for one of those.

Mr T is decorating tomorrow and I'm walking with a chum, a little shopping and cooking for a dinner party on a 'school night' next week. I thought I would get the main course cooked and frozen, then reheat. Cheating I know but it will make the night more relaxing.

The sky was so clear on our journey home. A definite chill in the air and considerably colder than the last few days. Plus it was hailing :eek:

Money - payday today :j. I just may have moved it all first thing this morning. All shuffles done and 3p Tilly Tidied to Future pot. I have split the pot into rooms, on a spreadsheet, which is allowing me to check % progress per room.

Right, it's definitely zzzzzzz time.

Night, Tilly x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Plus they seem to have hollow legs ... I remember kids aged 10-13 eating adult meals, and snacking on what a grown woman would think of as a quick lunch. They don't seem to stop eating!

ETA - your massage sounds wonderful :)

I promise you Karmacat, he must have hollow arms as well, not just his legs :rotfl: He told me this evening that he is baking a cake tomorrow to have for snacks during the school day. I don't think we are allowed any though - and he makes fab cakes.

Night, Tilly x x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills