Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lovely to have you back :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Lovely to have you back :)

Hi Brizzle, I feel I'm back to normal - it was disappointing not to be able to leave, but I am certain it will happen within a reasonable period. The package was due to change the end of this financial year but it has been extended by two years

I think it will be a shock when DD leaves home but also I'm looking forward to seeing her grow up. The chilli she made last night was great and she is trying to get her Saturday job moved to the Uni city. Fingers crossed on that front.

Hope all is well with you.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, another £3 PC survey in the bag. We plan on walking the hounds and doing the financials this evening. Dinner is smoked salmon quiche (off cuts) and salsa type salad. No lettuce leaves left :(

Weekend jobs - a reminder for us both - garden hedges, pots, veg bed weeding and planting, put cloches over some seeded areas. Pick blueberries, harvest hedgerows, pick figs. Cut down raspberry canes.

The free cinema tickets seem to have really dried up recently. Not sure why but I need to investigate.

76p Tilly Tidy to MOS - it is definitely adding up :)

I'd better get a wriggle on and jump in the car.

Have a good day, Tilly x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just caught up on almost 20 pages of your diary, Tilly! Fab news re Miss T:j:T

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    :xmastree: 111 sleeps :rotfl:
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Weekend jobs - a reminder for us both - garden hedges, pots, veg bed weeding and planting, put cloches over some seeded areas. Pick blueberries, harvest hedgerows, pick figs. Cut down raspberry canes.

We have worked so hard this morning, all the hedges at the front are cut and Mr T and DS have been to the tip 4 times. There's nothing at all left at the front of the house in terms of cutting down/trimming etc to do :T

Tomato harvesting done and we have around 20 kg - 5 courgettes have turned into marrows and I'll probably roast some as a veg (I grate fresh ginger over it then roast).

Apples picked - about two weeks supply for all of us. Chilli's - around 1kg picked and they will be chopped, portioned and frozen.

More work to do in the back garden but frankly we are all done in and are going to have a kip :)

The free cinema tickets seem to have really dried up recently. Not sure why but I need to investigate.

I managed to get free tickets for DS and DS this week :T
    x
    All in all a productive day. I took DD to work at the crack of dawn, then cat napped until 7. We walked hounds for an hour - a little damp but certainly not cold.

I finished the last of the smoked salmon off cuts up with scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast with Mr T.

DD had made blueberry muffins - big thank you :) - accompanied by a cuppa, it replaced lunch.

Finally I've made MB spicy squash casserole. This is for Monday evening and will be served as a pie filling with green veg.

I need to shop and scan but given the amount of blueberries and apples, I only buying bananas and milk today.

Hope everyone is enjoying Saturday :T

Tilly x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, grey old sky here but mild - Mr T is cutting the lawn later so I hope the rain holds off.

DD and I have been to the gym - hard work after two week hols, but we both enjoyed it.

I need to get some classes booked - will do that after church.

£8.76 claimed from TCB, £12 PC, £21.37 £co - will OP once the £ arrive in the bank account.

Mr T did half the ironing this morning whilst we were at the gym and I'll finish the rest this afternoon. We are volunteering early afternoon for a couple of hours.

I'm hoping to speak to someone about CAP this week. Greying, your links will be so useful and I'm also forwarding to our FB.

I haven't done my FB donation this month, although DD took some individually wrapped coffee and tea bags the other day. I am buying tins this month - pulses and tomatoes.

Reading the press this week has made me think about family life and how very fortunate we are. Food on the table, the luxury of a safe place to sleep and the ability to walk outside with no threat of bombs, gun fire. I'm definitely counting my blessings.

I'd better jump in the shower and get ready for church. Dinner this evening is pork and spicy beans, with broccoli/roast potatoes. Blueberry compote with icecream for dessert.

Have a good day.

Tilly x x
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

I'm hoping to speak to someone about CAP this week. Greying, your links will be so useful and I'm also forwarding to our FB.

I haven't done my FB donation this month, although DD took some individually wrapped coffee and tea bags the other day. I am buying tins this month - pulses and tomatoes.

See now Tills - this ^ is entirely why I thought to put the links on your thread, as I know that you are motivated to make a difference and could use the information. OK, it may well come to nought, there could be 1001 reasons why agencies would think that the links were unsuitable/unuseable for their clients - but you're making use of the information anyway. Thank goodness that there are kind-hearted and motivated folk like you in the world Tilly :D

I was only thinking today, how much people like Jack Monroe and Leanne Brown have changed the face of budget cooking. The constraints are the same, ie lack of money and possible lack of facilities to cook in/with; or lack of cooking knowledge, but the recipes certainly try to be more appealing for a wide audience. I was listening to the food programme at lunchtime and they were comparing food in Yorkshire 40 years ago to today. The tripe story wove a very interesting path from 40 years ago up until today. And I thought it very telling that the tripe butcher didn't really eat his own product, but ate it in Spain, as they, 'seemed to process and cook it a bit different there....' Sounds like a diversification opportunity to me, but still.......

Food prices are on the rise again, and I was reading a thread on MSE about it - which gave me some comfort, as I thought a couple of months ago that I had lost the plot and forgotten how to budget, as my £80 (at the time) budget was going absolutely no-where. However, I have already noticed a difference this month using Leanne and Jack's recipes :D And I'm sitting here absolutely stuffed with tomato soup and HM savoury scones from lunch.... really will have to go for a walk now :D

Have a great Sunday Tilly.

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Greying, thanks for dropping by :). Completely agree about food prices - we are certainly keeping a close eye on food spends. I filled the freezer up when we came out, but now we are only buying the minimum and no rubbish. DD is making blueberry muffins for DSs lunch box.

Morning, 34p Tilly Tidy to MOS. I think I will be able to OP and additional £1000 this month :). I do the main OP on the day I'm paid but we have underspent on multiple fronts this month - may as well take advantage :)

Had a great catch up with an MSE chum last night - much laughter and planning activities.

Dinner this evening is stuffed marrow however, may have to change this as I have free cinema tickets for kids. Will have to see what I can knock up for a quick snack and then stuffed marrow after the cinema.

My job for this evening is to do some Christmas shopping.

I'd better get moving.

Tilly x x
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Had a great catch up with an MSE chum last night - much laughter and planning activities.
    Hypothetically speaking of course :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback