• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will Miss T run the BTL?
    Could be good experience.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

Greying, I was speaking to DD yesterday and I've recommended she uses your diary for recipe ideas. She loves veggie food, as do I, and I've said there are tons of ideas for good quality but economical dishes -with pics :T. You may well find Miss Tilly asking questions as she spreads her wings and flys. Can you be a surrogate mum to answer cooking questions when needed please?

You are a giving and warm person Greying and have added so much to MSE :A

Tills - you realise that ^ made my bottom lip go all wobbly and 'indoor rain' to occur at Greying Towers, don't you? :D

May I be an honorary Auntee instead? I've not been entrusted with being a ma in RL, so maybe I'd muss up? Rather be known as the [STRIKE]slightly bonkers[/STRIKE] delightfully eccentric Aunt, who is adventurous-ish with her food choices, and is gearing up to look great in purple............ :rotfl:

Anyhoo, now me bottom lip has a-stopped, a-quivering, DD may find September's instalment of my diary of use..... I'm going to be cooking from Leanne Brown's recipe booklets (the ones I linked to), plus a couple of Jack Monroe dishes that I didn't get round to trying when I did my 'Just Jack' week, plus a couple of other frugal meals. There may be something of interest for a soon to be Uni-student who needs a vegetarian menu strand in their culinary repertoire? I'll try to take pics of all the meals too - always better with pics, eh?

Greying
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Tills - you realise that ^ made my bottom lip go all wobbly and 'indoor rain' to occur at Greying Towers, don't you? :D

May I be an honorary Auntee instead? I've not been entrusted with being a ma in RL, so maybe I'd muss up? Rather be known as the [STRIKE]slightly bonkers[/STRIKE] delightfully eccentric Aunt, who is adventurous-ish with her food choices, and is gearing up to look great in purple............ :rotfl:

Anyhoo, now me bottom lip has a-stopped, a-quivering, DD may find September's instalment of my diary of use..... I'm going to be cooking from Leanne Brown's recipe booklets (the ones I linked to), plus a couple of Jack Monroe dishes that I didn't get round to trying when I did my 'Just Jack' week, plus a couple of other frugal meals. There may be something of interest for a soon to be Uni-student who needs a vegetarian menu strand in their culinary repertoire? I'll try to take pics of all the meals too - always better with pics, eh?

Greying
    Honorary Aunt sounds like a plan to me :). You can join GallyGirl and MuddyWhiteChicken :):):)

Well we arrived at the ferry with 4 minutes to spare - yep, 4 minutes :eek::eek::eek:

We may just have drunk a bottle of wine between 3 to settle the nerves. I will be back on the wagon as of tomorrow :)

Will catchup on diaries over the next couple of days.

Best wishes Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Clarey008
    Clarey008 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    I wanted to say thanks for your thread Tilly after being a long time lurker. Having spent more than usual over the summer holidays I need to get back on track and it's good to read these threads for inspiration. Got a lamb pie in the oven, made using up ingredients from the freezer, so best go and check on it before it starts burning.
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Four minutes is cutting it fine, but well done on making it! Oh and I missed our train last night and had to get a taxi.... And we had bought return tickets! Grr

Glad you had a wonderful holiday,

All the best,

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you had a fab holiday. Be good to have you back posting regularly, motivating us and counting down to Christmas!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, yep Squirrel, 4 mins is definitely too fine - however, we had a good meal on the boat, then went straight to bed and slept for 12 hours :)

Back home and car unpacked.

DD, DS and I will be putting everything away and I'll iron - I did all the washing before we left the house and just need to iron.

A trip to Costc@ is planned this morning.

I bought quite a bit of stuff for DD to bring home. Chickpeas, red kidney beans, tinned toms - all large cans and all massively cheaper than the UK. Along with my year's supply of olive oil :T. I'm apparently sharing that with DD as well. It's a good job I bulk buy, she seems to think our larder (AKA the garage) is her corner shop :rotfl:

We have tons of toms in the garden, along with courgettes, some of which are marrow size. Loads of chilli's, figs, blueberries - I have no menu plan for September and will use this evening to plan. Will definitely be using garden produce along with blackberries which I've seen in the local park this morning. The hounds were :j:j:j:j to see us last night and they've loved their morning walk, with me doing a quick look for free pickings :)

Roast tomatoes with garlic and basil sounds like a plan for tonight - served with some cod and chorizo, possibly with a green salad (garden).

Right, I'd better drink my tea and get cracking.

Have a fab day and it's lovely to be back.

Tilly x x x x
  • Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back! :j

Glad you all had a great holiday!

Froggy
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Thanks Froggy, it did us all the world of good :)

Good luck with your plans.

Tilly x x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Trip to Costc@ finished and £396 lighter. However, I have enough meat, tins of stuff etc to last until Xmas. Good offers and I've bought sensibly. Thankfully Mr T is working and couldn't come with me, so there was nothing in the trolley that isn't needed for larder, freezer, menu plan.

:eek: That's not quite true as Lee Child's latest book may have hopped into the trolley :eek:

September's menu plan is complete - cookery book of the month is Mary Berry Food Collection (will check title) in honour of TGBBO, plus it's DDs favourite book.

I have a trip to L!dl to do later and a visit to the library. Ironing is on the list once the shopping is put away. I'll be cooking a beef stew in the slow cooker overnight, then will switch to chicken casserole in the morning. Each dish will feed 12 and can be portioned and frozen tomorrow evening.

We are back on the wagon until the first Sunday in advent :o

That's all - I'd better get the meat portioned and frozen, plus the shopping put away.

Tilly x x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills