Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Very well done to Ms T. Congratulations to all of you who supported her through it.

It is a shame about the hitch in your plans, but something will come along, it always does.

All the best,

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations on your results Miss T :T
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Hurrah :j

Congratulations Miss T :T

Love from
    MWCx, Mr MWC & The Girls
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • LydiaJ
    LydiaJ Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Congratulations Miss T. Well done on all your hard work. :T

Hope you have a great time at uni. :)
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
    :)
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on you exam results Miss T :T
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • LydiaJ
    Options
    Grrr! Santander said my 2nd cheque would clear by today, but here we are nearly at noon, and it's still showing as having loads of dosh in the account but only a tiny fraction of it "available".

Fortunately I paid the 3rd cheque into Hfx the same day, and that has cleared, and although I thought the limit for Hfx faster payments was £10k, actually it's £25k, which is enough to pay off the rest of the "mortgage" given that I already paid off most of it with the 1st cheque a couple of weeks ago.

So I've paid it off, and posted my details on the roll of honour. :D How long do you think it'll be before they give me a badge??? ;)
    Do you know anyone who's bereaved? Point them to https://www.AtaLoss.org which does for bereavement support what MSE does for financial services, providing links to support organisations relevant to the circumstances of the loss & the local area. (Link permitted by forum team)
    Tyre performance in the wet deteriorates rapidly below about 3mm tread - change yours when they get dangerous, not just when they are nearly illegal (1.6mm).
    Oh, and wear your seatbelt. My kids are only alive because they were wearing theirs when somebody else was driving in wet weather with worn tyres.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Lydia, what fantastic news :T:T:T

We will all look forward to hearing about your future plans.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • LydiaJ
    Options
    Lydia, what fantastic news :T:T:T

We will all look forward to hearing about your future plans.

Tilly x x

Thanks Tilly. I've got the inquest starting on Monday and lasting for anything up to 3 weeks, so I'm not making any plans until I've got that out of the way. Will be good to get it over with though. :)
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    Wonderful news for Miss T:beer: you must be one happy mummy!
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    HERE you go hon :D

Good luck to Miss T :T

Thanks GG :)

Well done Miss T - it's such an exciting time :T

I hope there's lots of celebrating going on the the Tilly household this weekend!

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback