Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh my goodness....what a shock. So so so glad you're OK. Take it easy lovely lady.

As with greent, happy to make suggestions on the FL front. I love it. Not sure I could ever go back to having fixed amount of holiday signed off by a boss....not being paid for extra hours....or not being part time :D Am loving it and now you're MF why not enjoy working for yourself and setting the pace....
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Dear God! Hope you are on the mend and you-know-who doesn't lead you astray. xxx
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Well that was a long cup of tea :rotfl:

I'm fine. Weight loss meant BP meds were too strong. All fixed but it was scary and two days in hospital seemed a lot.

So much is going on in the Tilly household at the moment. Keep toes and fingers crossed for Mr T. Being able to retire when Mr T is 50 is one thing but him wanting to stop completely is a different matter. Having skills that can be used for 3-6 months then time off would be great for him. GreenT and Brizzle, I'll definitely be in touch for advice :)

Emmala, thanks for dropping by. MSE has been a great support clearing down the mortgage and whichever way you do it, good luck. If we were in touch previously under your old name feel free to PM me. Muddy, Gally and I spent time in the spring trying to find a few people who had disappeared.

Blinking raining - again. Roll on house renovation :T

Very best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Glad you are well. Anyone waiting on results?
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better Tilly.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Glad you are well. Anyone waiting on results?

Not in this house - thankfully :T

DS is loving his training and really can see an exciting future. Happy days.

Tilly xxx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just caught up Tilly and so glad to hear you're okay - it must have been a very frightening time for you.

Good for Mr T for wanting to go the self-employed route - totally with Brizzled on the benefits!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• indianabones
    Options
    I've just seen my mortgage account.

I borrowed 105k on a 176k house. After 8 months I'm now with an outstanding balance of 103264. Interest charged so far is 1554.

I wish I had more money in the saving so I could eat away at the mortgage. But It's a struggle at the moment, family weddings. New job and amongst other things baby on the way as well.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Indianabones, just remember it's a marathon not a sprint 😉

Every penny you clear is a penny you can't be charged interest on.

Finally the 'clearing the mortgage' journey has many facets and you need to be sure overpaying is the right approach for you. It was for us as we wanted to be shot of it as quickly as possible but it's not right for everyone.

Good luck and let me know when you've started your diary. There will be a huge amount of support available.

Best wishes Tilly x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Evening, brilliant weekend.

DS is now back at camp - he changed his bedding, did his washing and ironing and cooked twice for us :T

DD is in mid Wales with the army doing battle craft technique training- for those who know her in real life it's hard to believe my little girl loves this stuff.

She has 1 more trip with the army before going back to uni late September.

3 x 2 weeks and 1 x 1 week and earnings of £2,700 ish.

The garden is tidy. New tools purchased for garden activities and old ones are all on eb@y.

Tilly Tidies are working well. I am now averaging circa £38/month and it's going into the Fossa fund. I'll leave that to your googling.

Night Tilly xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills