Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So glad to read 'health is back to normal'. Long may it continue x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • MoneyMission
    Options

We lit a fire tonight :eek::eek::eek:

I'm tempted to light a fire this evening if only to help dry some washing. It's too darned damp and wet laundry is hanging around everywhere.

Glad your health is back to normal. xxx
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better - well done
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    A little taking stock.....

I gave myself a target of focussing on weight in a similar fashion to the mortgage. It is working. Down 27lbs :j:j. Slow and steady but each week is either staying the same or going down :D

I am enjoying a delicious day alone. The last few months have been frantic with family, social commitments, exploring and walking our new area and supporting my mum. It is a real delight and I'm listening to Benedict Cumberbatch in Radio 4s Rumpole of the Bailey ;)

Chores are done, financials are up to date, just need to make HM burgers. Burgers, salad and a few sweet potato wedges this evening.

Lovely feeling of peace.

Best wishes Tilly xx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds perfect Tilly :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds lovely, Tilly - and well done on the fab weight loss :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indianabones
    Options
    105k mortgage taken almost a year ago. Paid off 2300 so far, interest charged so far is 1906.

These bankers will be going to hell for sure. Interest is one of the great evils of this world. The rich getting richer.

I'm hoping to get a new job soon and hopefully I can start eating away at my mortgage with overpayments. But it's difficult with the constant costs in day to day life.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 November 2017 at 6:32PM
    Options
    I’d better get the duster and polish out and clean my diary :rotfl:

Loving our life and the amount of time we spend walking and visiting new places. Really makes for a fun life.

We had a good time with Mr and Mrs MuddyWhiteChicken recently although I may need to buy her dinner when I see her next. The 7 course tasting menu perhaps required fish and chips afterwards :rotfl:

Our artisan bread course has been cancelled by the local college. A bit frustrating but not to worry. I will definitely book elsewhere but in spring next year; as we aren’t eating bread at the moment, it won’t be missed.

Weight loss is going well and I’ve lost 36 lbs now. No moments of hunger or irritation just low carb and it works.

I’m starting the Christmas planning. Odd to think that years ago I would have had everything purchased and wrapped by now. It is lovely to have the real luxury of time.

Woodwick candles have been on offer in a local garden centre and I’ve stocked up. I have a Sainsbobs voucher to use up £9/£60 spend so definitely worth having. Will check what cleaning products are on offer. Love having a cleaner and the difference up here to down south -she turns up regularly and works hard :T.

Edited to add - I’m training as a CAP money coach. Really happy to be able to give back x

I hope everyone is in good health and living every day to the full.

Very best wishes Tilly ��
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay! Tilly is going to be a CAP money coach! Go girl!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    We had a good time with Mr and Mrs MuddyWhiteChicken recently although I may need to buy her dinner when I see her next. The 7 course tasting menu perhaps required fish and chips afterwards :rotfl:

Tasty food and fabulous company but a piece of bread is not a course :rotfl:
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family