🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Northern Rock PPI Letter

Options

Comments

• rush2112col
    Options
    BLUEBIE wrote: »
    Its not a scam, send your form in, its fine.

B
    I totally agree. And if it was a scam then how would some other third party know that you even had a loan from Northern Rock in the first place!
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fearing it was a Scam - I contacted NRAM based @ Gosforth, and told them of the situation, etc...

I gave them the 0800 number, address, etc in my original letter, in order for the Gosforth Advisor to Investigate.

She returned a call, stating that this 'NRAM' company was genuine, and working on behalf of NRAM.

So hopefully as my 12 weeks have passed, I should be contacted soon !!!!
  • gillybilly27
    Options
    hi my 12 weeks have also passed 13 weeks tomorrow, when I contacted NRAM they said again its still with the review team and now its approx taking 14 weeks as they have such a backlog
    Lets hope we all have good news soon
  • Little-pea2010
    Options
    I had my offer letter back over the weekend. Took around 12-14 weeks to arrive. Annoyingly the date on the letter was the 16th Jan but I didn't receive it until the 27th!

However good news is that I've been offered £1100 back on a £8k loan! :j Sent the reply back on Monday, recorded delivery (to make sure!), will be interesting to see how long I have to wait for the money... But for the price of a phone call I can't complain :T
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    I wish I could work out how they work it out. Mine was PPI on the unsecured bit of a mortgage, but i'm not sure how much that was...... Will need to dig some paperwork out I think!
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • rush2112col
    Options
    Oh well 14 weeks on Monday and still heard naff all from them....... Think they are worse than Natwest/RBS and thats saying something.....
  • surferdude150
    Options
    I received an offer back from them on Saturday.

Full refund on premium taken plus 8% interest. - £466 on a £3500 loan

Made my weekend, and so glad I sent the original form back. To think I was going to ignore it. :rotfl::T
  • PaddyPaws
    Options
    Hi all

another one here who responded to the letter from NRAM. I got the letter early October and rang to register that I wanted a review on 5th Oct. Hadn't heard anything by early Jan (after 13 weeks) so rang and was told there was a back-log and their not constrained by the FOS timescales on these claims as they contacted me rather than me instigating a complaint. I was told to contact them again after the end of the month if I'd not heard anything

Well, it's now February and I've still not heard anything so I've just rung them again. My case is still with the review team but looks to have been held up at one particular point for a couple of weeks, the lady said she would speak to her team leader to try and get it moved forwards. Contact again if not heard in 2-3 weeks - and yes, I will ring again if I've not heard.

It's getting a bit frustrating as I was putting a complaint/claim together when I originally heard from them and if I'd submitted it that way they would have had to respond by now due to FOS timescales.
  • REDSHOES
    REDSHOES Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

I responded to the NRAM review letter too. I received and sent my letter back at the end of last October. As I hadn't heard anything back after xmas, I rung them to enquire what was happening. They advised that I should hear within 12 weeks of 4th November, which was the date my review was received by them. The 12 weeks came and went and still nothing, so I rung them again at the end of January to ask why it was taking so long. They replied it was due to the backlog because they had received many more replies than anticipated. I too was advised like PaddyPaws that because I hadn't put a complaint in myself, and they had contacted me, that normal timescales didn't apply.
    When I asked if I was to make a complaint myself, would this speed things up any, they replied 'no' and that it would be like starting again with a new complaint

Well, its almost 14 weeks now, and I rang them for the third time yesterday. They said that my review was still under investigation, and I should hear something back quite soon - should be within a week or two. I wish I had sent the complaint form in myself, I was just about to do so anyway, as I have had 2 previous successes with Capital One and MBNA which were completely trouble free and with rapid responses from them both.
  • Farscaper
    Options
    Well, here's another one who filled in the letter and returned it.

Got a reply today. A refund of £1713 from a £10000 loan. I wasn't going to return the letter to start with but thought that I had nothing to lose.

Hopefully I'll get the refund in about four weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport