We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Northern Rock PPI Letter

Options

Comments

• caznbaz
    Options
    Wow thats great hopefully my hubbies is in the post,his loan is still going but up to now he has paid 6k ppi fingers crossed
  • rush2112col
    Options
    Anyone had a reply to the questionaires from Northern Rock (NRAM) yet? Ive been waiting 11 weeks of the 12 weeks quoted now and still no reply! looks like there stringing it out the full 12 weeks..... :(:(:(:(
  • BLUEBIE
    BLUEBIE Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    My 12 weeks is up next Saturday, I phoned them on Monday and was told it was with the review team and to call if I hadn't heard anything by the end of Feb. I will be phoning next Saturday to see what is going on.
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    I just received one of these letters yesterday to my parents house which is the address I gave when I sold the house that the mortgage related to. I filled it in & sent it back so hopefully i'll hear something back. Reading this thread im quite hopeful now! Now the letter came addressed solely to me, however the mortgage was in mine & my ex-partners name. Is this likely to cause any complications? I've also married since, & the letter was in my maiden name so i've written a note on the form I returned stating that I have since married & my names changed.....
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • caznbaz
    Options
    We havent had a reply either, im going to give them until next weekend and im going to send them a letter asking them to look into it im also going to put one of Martins templates in, we sent our letter back to them end of Oct.
  • shybones
    Options
    i to got the letter from nram, as i was unsure about this letter i contacted nram with the contact number on their official website, they informed me that they had absolutely no knowledge of nram sending out letters of this type.
    and apparently after you have sent back your claim form they then ask for your bank account details in order to pay the money into your account, the police are aware of this letter.
  • kes-w
    Options
    I too am waiting to hear back from northern rock. They received my form on 15th November. I rang them only to be told that they have a backlog and it will now take up to 14 weeks from that date to be processed. So much for a response within 12 weeks.
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was sent back in Early Nov , so 12 weeks is now expired.

Decided to give them a ring, after no responses from e-mail.

They confirmed they've received the form, and will take around 12 weeks.

When I told them that 12 weeks has passed, and that I have not had a single response, I was told that this was due to them being such a small team, and that they had a backlog.

I don't even know if I am entitled to a refund or not !
  • badvock
    Options
    shybones wrote: »
    i to got the letter from nram, as i was unsure about this letter i contacted nram with the contact number on their official website, they informed me that they had absolutely no knowledge of nram sending out letters of this type.
    and apparently after you have sent back your claim form they then ask for your bank account details in order to pay the money into your account, the police are aware of this letter.

I too have recieved a letter from NRAM.
    Iv seach for more info on this and cant find anything else on the web suggesting this is a scam.
  • BLUEBIE
    BLUEBIE Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Its not a scam, send your form in, its fine.

B
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family