We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Northern Rock PPI Letter

Options

Comments

• Lucky_Caz
    Options
    I registered my complaint with NRAM 10 weeks ago and still nothing zzzzz
    Wins so far: Limited edition serving bowl, 2 tickets to Black Eyed Peas at Alton Towers, A years supply of Crunchy Nut Bites, Dettol hand sanitiser x3, Models Own Make up, Bottle of Echo Falls wine, Nivea for Men, £25 on Premium Bonds, Day2Night Rimmel mascara, 500 AClub point, Stroller Roller Pushchair Travel Bag, £65 iTunes vouchers.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    damnbully wrote: »
    I also received a letter yesterday. I have found the paperwork from the original loan. I googled NRAM and it appears they take 30% of what you claim back. Is this correct?
    What do you mean they take 30% of what you claim back??.

This must be a claims co,or you did not google it right..
  • amersall
    Options
    T.C.1 wrote: »
    Hi, I to got a letter the other day of NRAM! is it a scam or not? Cos the thing is that they said I put a letter of complaint in 2 weeks ago but i have never heard of this company let alone put in a complaint!! I have won ppi claims in the past, to me it all seems a bit strange or should i go for it :j

They are Northern rock,as was.
    Ring them and ask what the claim was for.
    http://www.n-ram.co.uk/customers/contact-us.aspx

This is the genuine Nram site.
  • amersall
    Options
    Hi
    I have recently received the same letter
    I have an existing loan with EGG and a loan which finished last year but that was with Loyds TSB, is there any connection to Northern Rock with either of these 2 companies? If so then I will select which boxes to tick and send it away.
    There is no connection between these banks.
    Ring them and ask about the letter,if this is a scam they need to know.

http://www.n-ram.co.uk/customers/contact-us.aspx
  • T.C.1
    T.C.1 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, phoned yesterday the guy i spoked too seemed ok lots of office noise in the back ground. What the heck worth a punt!! If they get back to me with a sum of money and ask for bank details then what be silly and give all my account numbers! be intrested if anybody has had dealings with this company and the outcome!:T
  • gillybilly27
    Options
    Im also waiting for a response off nram, I spoke to someone 3 weeks ago who said it was with the review team, and I should hear soon, she said it usually takes them between 10-12 weeks, well the 12 weeks is up on Wednesday so lets hope I have some good news soon
  • MrsG1980
    MrsG1980 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    We returned our letter back in November and we received an offer 10 days ago. Just waiting for it to get paid in to our account now :j:j
  • caznbaz
    Options
    Hi MrsG was this a letter u recieved from NRAM or did you put your own complaint in, My husband recieved a letter end of Oct and we havent heard anthing
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Each time I e-mail them, I get a standard response of:-
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Your request has been received and will be forwarded to the relevant
    department within the next 24 hours. You will receive a reply to your query
    by either email, telephone or letter within the next 5 working days.

If you require any further assistance prior to your reply please contact
    NRAM on 0845 609 9610*, view our website at http://www.n-ram.co.uk for information
    or alternatively you can you send a request by post to the below address:

NRAM
    Prudhoe Building
    Regent Centre
    Gosforth
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    NE3 4AW

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards

NRAM Customer Relations

* Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:30pm (excluding bank holidays)
    and Saturday 9am-12pm. Calls are charged at your service provider’s
    prevailing rate and may be monitored and recorded.

But no-one ever contacts me........
  • MrsG1980
    Options
    caznbaz wrote: »
    Hi MrsG was this a letter u recieved from NRAM or did you put your own complaint in, My husband recieved a letter end of Oct and we havent heard anthing

Yeah it was actually the end of october we received a letter from NRAM asking us did we think we were mis-sold the ppi we had! I didnt even know we had any. So I ticked a few boxes and we received our offer a week last saturday ago. £1749 return for a £6k loan!! Just waiting for it to be paid in to account now :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport