MSE News: Major changes for Egg customers as takeover completes

Comments

• I've just bought something online using my Egg card, if I send the item back for a refund next week, will the money be returned to my egg card okay??
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    So....after midnight on 6 November 2011 you can't use your Egg Mastercard.

My husband will be in Sydney, Oz with his Egg card then. Is that midnight UK time or midnight local time?

He is concerned because he plans on using his Egg to his hotel room, which will be fine when he checks in and they take an imprint, but it won't be valid when he checks out.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2011 at 10:57AM
    For me its like saying goodbye to an old friend. Egg always gave me good service and I feel very sorry for the staff losing their positions. I wish them all the luck in the world.
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    For me its like saying goodbye to an old friend. Egg always gave me good service and I feel very sorry for the staff using their positions. I wish them all the luck in the world.

I am very sorry to see them go as well so I have bailed out for the time being, credit card at zero and savings a/c at £5, only time will tell if I bank with YBS or use BC :eek:
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    For me its like saying goodbye to an old friend. Egg always gave me good service and I feel very sorry for the staff using their positions. I wish them all the luck in the world.
    I agree with you, Rupert. I've been with them since the early days (1998, I believe) and never had service (or value, most of the time) quite like it anywhere else.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    DocProc wrote: »
    So....after midnight on 6 November 2011 you can't use your Egg Mastercard.

But if you did use it on 6 November 2011 before midnight, the transaction might not yet show up on your Egg Mastercard Statement for a few days (so it tells you).

But after midnight on 6 November 2011 you are not now an Egg customer and so cannot access the Egg Money Manager web site to get to your Egg Statement information.

Hmmm?

Am I missing something here?

Yes. You will still be able to log into the egg website.
  • Cherryjack
    Cherryjack Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hello :0)

I have a 800.00 debt with egg anf they have been accepting my token payments each month and froze the interest and charges... will this change now with it being taken over by barclays?? also i pay by standing order.. will they still get the monthly payment?

Thanks
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you still have access to your account on the Egg site, do all that you need to do immediately if you want to do it there.

My whole card account is missing - no accounts to display - it says. There's just a note before getting there that gives a balance that is says may not include transactions from 4-6 November.

Checking with Egg they say that the migration began at 4PM on Friday and as an account is transferred you lose access. Current and past statements will be available on the Barclaycard site from next week.

Would have been nice if they bothered to tell us so we didn't schedule doing it over the weekend before the transfer is done...
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    My account isn't showing now either.
  • mrpsmith
    mrpsmith Posts: 93 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    meggsy wrote: »
    My account isn't showing now either.

You'll have to change your username to mbarclaycardsy now :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories