what are the best value dating sites?

Comments

• I'm decent and normal... I think there's no decent or normal men left! The thing is, people have different ideas of what decent and normal is... I might meet you and think you're nowhere near my idea of decent and normal (or vice versa!!!!)

I can't even bear to look at dating sites, it's too painful!!

Hate to say it lass, looking at were your from, Manchester like myself, There aren't many decent girls/ guys- mainly cause there alot of folks who are very face value.

I agree though that we all have different Ides of decent people, For me its someone who's honest, decent, happy about being themselves and wants me to be me, and likes me for me.

Jenny P- Just search free forum hosting on any search engine and the range is huge- ideally good bandwidth is usefull as is a easy to use interface

Gemma- a MSE singles thread, as in threads of almost mini adverts of singles on here?

Could catch on that and work- in the main were all fair minded open and honest folk, I'm game.
  • what about richmen.com.... very MSE :money::rotfl:
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • Scotty1.7
    Scotty1.7 Posts: 388 Forumite
    Oh dear :(

sugarmumies.com for us chaps I think is the alternative to that littlestar1981
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Scotty1.7 wrote: »

Gemma- a MSE singles thread, as in threads of almost mini adverts of singles on here?

Love that idea!!!! Or even aomplete board all to ourselves!!!!
  • Angelic wrote: »
    I'm a teeny bit younger than you but i'm a bad catch so wish you luck!

There was a dating thread on here ages ago! I used to post on it sometimes even though I was in a relationship at the time.
    An MSE dating agency would be funny but who would pay for the first date:money:?

Well- I would guess they would use 2-4-1 vouchours, maybe even go a 'free' date (Undercover shopper sort of thing)
    JennyP wrote: »
    Love that idea!!!! Or even aomplete board all to ourselves!!!!

A complete board just for singles adverts? Is there that many on here?:rotfl:
  • JennyP
    Not singles adverts.....about dating in general!

I wonder how many folks are single on here....?

I went on a date where he paid with a PizzaExpress 2 for 1 voucher!!! Even though I love them, it was slightly off putting. I found myself thinking, "Is he mean?" rather than "He's a kindred spirit!"
  • Scotty1.7
    Scotty1.7 Posts: 388 Forumite
    Not singles adverts.....about dating in general!

I wonder how many folks are single on here....?

I went on a date where he paid with a PizzaExpress 2 for 1 voucher!!! Even though I love them, it was slightly off putting. I found myself thinking, "Is he mean?" rather than "He's a kindred spirit!"

Ahh that makes sense

And yes I do agree that it can give the wrong impression- So not sure
  • JennyP
    It was funny because two days before my friend had posted this on facebook:
    "Two girls beside me on the train: “I thought he was in your all-time top ten.” “Yeah, but then he suggested the two-for-one offer at Pizza Express... I mean, I don’t think so. Ok, he’d paid for my bowling and the cinema earlier in the evening, but you just wouldn’t, would you, not if he wanted the two-for-one?”

I've just signed up for Christian Cafe - ok, so I know not everyone on here is a Christian (and some of the people on there might be a bit too Christian for me, but it's good value! A year's membership is about $80 and you get free ten days. And longer free time if you add a photo and/or recommend a friend!
  • JennyP
    Buddhist Connect is completely free too. Ok, so not that many people on it but there only needs to be one!

Before anyone gets confused, I am part of a growing number of people who are Christian but practise aspects of Zen Buddhism! Complicated I know. Classic "pick'n'mix" spirituality! For those of us who are open-minded - or cannot make up their minds, I'm not sure which!

Getting off the topic of religion, perhaps there are more sites out there for niche markets e.g. dating sites for people with a particular hobby? Might they be better than the mass meat market ones???
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 October 2011 at 5:12PM
    sCOTTY1.7 wrote:
    Sorry, but I think that's a terrible idea. Think of how contrived it would be.
    ...on a good day, I can pass for normal!!!
    I am part of a growing number of people who are Christian but practise aspects of Zen Buddhism!
    Erm,......What?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure