what are the best value dating sites?

Comments

• RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    SailorSam wrote: »
    All the single men are in exactly the same place as the single women
    We're here asking where on earth do you go to meet a normal decent woman.
    I'm of the opinion there are no decent or normal women left. I'm open to being proved wrong though, which is usually my undoing.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    RichGold wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion there are no decent or normal women left. I'm open to being proved wrong though, which is usually my undoing.

Come to Yorkshire - I'll prove you wrong! ;)

I am decent. And on a good day, I can pass for normal!!!
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    JennyP wrote: »
    Come to Yorkshire - I'll prove you wrong! ;)
    Well its a bit late this evening now..... :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

I think the reason there are so many breakups & so older singletons now is because woman are no longer financially dependent on men, plus they don't feel they have to stick with marriages that aren't happy. So I guess there are a lot of decent & normal women single women out there (I know I'm one) because they wouldn't settle for a less than good marriage/relationship.
  • Scotty1.7
    Scotty1.7 Posts: 388 Forumite

I'll second this motion

And JennyP- I've looked into setting up a singles forum, to let people talk and find things out about each other- doesn't seem to had to do (speaking from a slight IT background) and there are lots of good, free hosting areas for such a site.
  • RichGold wrote: »

I'm decent and normal... I think there's no decent or normal men left! The thing is, people have different ideas of what decent and normal is... I might meet you and think you're nowhere near my idea of decent and normal (or vice versa!!!!)

I can't even bear to look at dating sites, it's too painful!!
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • I'm decent and normal... I think there's no decent or normal men left! QUOTE]

I agree with this. I honestly feel there are no single men out there that are normal or decent. None that I seem to come across anyway!

I have tried dating sites, but have not had much luck so far. Any more ideas of where to meet people?
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Well I'm hoping that there is one decent and normal man left, and I'm also hoping that he's the one I'm meeting on Thursday evening.....
  • GemmaB78
    GemmaB78 Posts: 288 Forumite
    I tried t'internet dating and it was 'ok'. Met a wide range of guys from really nice through to after-one-thing and pretty much everyone in between. A reflection of the non-cyber world I guess..... Just haven't met 'the one' so far. Agreed to go speed-dating with a friend in a couple of weeks. Going with a very open mind and low expectations - not expecting more than a giggle and to meet some new people.

I'm not giving up yet. I am a single, solvent, 33 year old woman in pretty good nick for my age and actually a darned good catch (hey, if I can't love myself, how can I expect anyone else to?!). Perhaps we ought to start a singles thread on here...?!
  • JennyP
    JennyP Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Scotty1.7 wrote: »
    I'll second this motion

And JennyP- I've looked into setting up a singles forum, to let people talk and find things out about each other- doesn't seem to had to do (speaking from a slight IT background) and there are lots of good, free hosting areas for such a site.

That's encouraging!

I also fancy setting up something like Spice only non-profit making but I've just found intervarsity and that seems great!

What free hosting areas are there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport