what are the best value dating sites?

Options

Comments

• alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Options
    What a tw@t!!! :mad:

God i seriously wonder if some people should be allowed to be with the rest of society.

have to admit I don't use PoF very often, and this guy seemed polite, he didn't use textspeak nor crude language so I felt it was safe to send him a pic from a hotmail account. You live and learn but it just makes me want to stay at home with my books and the dog!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    alyth wrote: »
    have to admit I don't use PoF very often, and this guy seemed polite, he didn't use textspeak nor crude language so I felt it was safe to send him a pic from a hotmail account. You live and learn but it just makes me want to stay at home with my books and the dog!
    Well at least the dog will give you less hassle :p

I think i'm seriously going to end up a crazy cat lady at the rate i'm going :rotfl:
  • lara_412
    Options
    I had a very bad experience you can call it earlier on on PoF tonight. A guy I had been emailing on and off for a while, asked for a photo of me. I'm extremely private and don't send out pictures until I know a bit about the person - sent him a picture, I'm not unattractive but I'm early 40s and receive a torrent of abuse in an email back from him, essentially saying I looked like a pig, I should have brushed my hair, etc - it was a pic taken when I was out somewhere and I thought I'd scrubbed up okay! It wasn't nice and I was upset, but it's his issue not mine.

Ouch, what a horrible man. Delete and block him, the idiot. :mad:
    I really don't understand why people write stuff like that?! Definitely forget him and his stupid comments.
  • lara_412
    Options
    ok so after the good 'date' on sunday he's now driving me mad again!!!!! He really is coming on too keen for me, im really not that amazing honest!!!! He told me last night that the highlight of his weekend was meeting me, that he really does think im great etc etc. I went out today and my battery died on my phone, it was 3 hours before i got home to charge it and when i got in i had 3 messages from him!!! when i replied saying id been to see my ill god daughter etc he replied saying "i thought you'd come to your senses...". He knew i was busy ironing last night but repeatedly text me!!!!!

I cant cope with this, and now i dont know what to do!!!! Im going out this weekend and I cant wait to go have some fun with my mates and drink and dance, but im sure he's gonna be texting me all night..........i will be ignoring it if he does. Im also ignoring him right now for a bit, i just wanna chill out and lie down and relax after a long day.

Im crap at letting blokes down-any advice?????

Do you want to see him again? If you don't, then now's the time to gently let him down.

If you do want to see him again but want him to not text as much, then just politely tell him that you're still interested but you need a little space and you'll text him when you want to meet next. Leave it at that and then text him when you want to.
  • alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Options
    Well at least the dog will give you less hassle :p

I think i'm seriously going to end up a crazy cat lady at the rate i'm going :rotfl:

I'm already known as crazy panda lady because of my obsession with them, so welcome to my mad animal world! I was just on a bit of a study avoidance evening and had replied to some messages on PoF, this guy and I had been chatting on and off but I guess he had his own agenda - judging by Zoesmummy's update there are a few weird guys out there!
  • LTL
    LTL Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    There are genuine guys out there don't worry ladies! I'm sure some lady will come along and back me up on this one!

I messaged a few people without reply. I then got an odd message whereby a couple of messages later she asked me to ask her out that day. WEIRD. Us guys have to put up with the same kinda stuff!

MessedUp, think of it this way - there is someone out there for everyone! If you've been turned round you either a) agree he wasn't the one, or b) fight for him.

You'll just never know where you'll find someone you seem to click with. Trust me! :)
  • LisaB85
    LisaB85 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options

Whats his username?

I'll report him as sounds like a fake account being used to do such things, eg a troll account.
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm seeing if any women on the sites propose to me today.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • benb76
    benb76 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    ok so after the good 'date' on sunday he's now driving me mad again!!!!! He really is coming on too keen for me, im really not that amazing honest!!!! He told me last night that the highlight of his weekend was meeting me, that he really does think im great etc etc. I went out today and my battery died on my phone, it was 3 hours before i got home to charge it and when i got in i had 3 messages from him!!! when i replied saying id been to see my ill god daughter etc he replied saying "i thought you'd come to your senses...". He knew i was busy ironing last night but repeatedly text me!!!!!

I cant cope with this, and now i dont know what to do!!!! Im going out this weekend and I cant wait to go have some fun with my mates and drink and dance, but im sure he's gonna be texting me all night..........i will be ignoring it if he does. Im also ignoring him right now for a bit, i just wanna chill out and lie down and relax after a long day.

Im crap at letting blokes down-any advice?????

Don't feel any obligation to reply. I'd be very wary of taking things further as he sounds a bit too full on and I get the impression that you're not that into him. If he's like this now, what's would he be like if you became a regular item?
  • LisaB85
    LisaB85 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Li0nhead wrote: »
    I'm seeing if any women on the sites propose to me today.

Will you marry me? x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport