OMG feel like someone sliced my chest open!

Options

Comments

• serious_saver
    Options
    Get one of those travel pillows for your neck. The soft squidgy ones rather than an inflatable one. I hope you get well soon.

For everyone else

Don't forget it's really easy to join the organ donor register http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/how_to_become_a_donor/how_to_become_a_donor.jsp
  • sunnyone
    sunnyone Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Im pleased your name came up sooner rather than later jen, look after yourself and the heart that was given with love.
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    Wow, what great news! I know that I don't know you, but I've just cried with happiness for you. Despite your health, in the time that I have posted on MSE, I have found you to be very helpful and supportive to others. You have been generous with your time and knowledge even though you have been unwell. I really admire you.

My 11 year old was asking about organ donation the other day. I have been signed up to the Organ Donor register for many years and when my son found out, he was upset that my body will be cut open when I die (hopefully not for many years yet :rotfl:). I talked to him about how my organs might help somebody live, somebody who is a son or daughter, a mother or father, or a sister or brother to somebody that loves them. I explained about many people being willing to accept an organ donation if it is necessary, but how few (in comparison) actually offer their details to the Register.

My son has now understood that I feel passionately about organ donation and has asked that his organs are donated should something happen to him. I will tell him about you Jen, and about what an inspiration you are. You don't moan and groan, you get on with life and you have still been working even though you were on the transplant list.

I wish you a full recovery and I agree with others who say that you should take your time - relax, get well, and then live your life to the full.

Take care x
  • nickyt
    nickyt Posts: 915 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know you but wanted to add my good wishes to you, hope everything goes well for you and yours. I understand how some find donation a hard subject but your post just makes you think how worth while it is.

Best wishes Nicky
    Thanks for any help and advice given
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    Options
    Very best of luck with a quick recovery!
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done, amazing that you've been able to post so soon after your op. Will check in from time to time (well probably several times a day!) to see how you are progressing. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very pleased for you Jen. Sending you all good wishes, and also to the family that gave you such a gift so generously.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Pillows behind your back and one either side to keep your arms from falling down. You look like you're being slowly eaten by a marshmallow monster, but it helps.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • formaldehyde_perfume
    Options
    You look like you're being slowly eaten by a marshmallow monster, but it helps.

this actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you for the mental image :rotfl:
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j:j:j
    Congrats! That's great news - take it steady and look after yourself:)
    And I agree with formaldehyde_perfume - a travel neck pillow should help with sleeping upright.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure