OMG feel like someone sliced my chest open!

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations and all the best. It's fab to read a happy story on MSE :)
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    hope you get well soon
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • mandi
    mandi Posts: 11,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Congratulations and all the best. It's fab to read a happy story on MSE :)

It is isn't it Pastures New .

Glaswejen . Our paths have never crossed here in MSE but I've read loads of your posts and wish you a speedy recovery :)
  • grumpyofwhitecross
    Options
    I too have followed your posts, and you will be in our prayers for the foreseeable..don't be in too much of a hurry to leave hospital. let nature do its healing.. god bless you.
  • Hetty17
    Hetty17 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlasweJen, best wishes to you for a speedy return to good health and renewed energy. Admiration to the donor and their family, who made a thoughtful and courageous gift.
  • saving_pennies
    Options
    WOW! I'm so glad you got the call! I can't imagine what it is like waiting for a donor and not knowing if one will come in time. I am so glad one has though and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I watched a program on transplants yesterday and found it very moving. I agree on having an opt out system rather than opt in. So much life can come out of someone who has passed away.

Re: sleeping sitting up. Are you completely upright or slightly tilted back? I occasionally sleep sitting up but use pillows or duvet to rest again so I am slightly reclined and on a soft surface. I use a headrest or a pillow to support my head and neck. Plus I wrap myself in the duvet sheet so it doesn't keep falling down. Sometimes I sleep with back again back and side against the wall, that way I have support behind me and to the side - I'm not sure if that is possible in the hospital bed though.

I hope you are sleeping better than me this evening (well, early morning now!!)
  • formaldehyde_perfume
    Options
    Fantastic news!

Don't try to force your recovery, let your body do what it needs to.

My thoughts are with you, your family and the donor's family too.

On the sleeping sitting up thing, I've had to do it before and what worked for me was one of those travel pillows to support my neck. Failing that, a hospital pillow and or blanket would probably work. It's worth a try.
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    How amazing that you feel well enough to post so soon after your operation. I'm old enough to remember the world's first heart transplant by Dr Christian Barnard. It was such a step forward in surgery for the world.

I wish you a long, healthy life.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Wishing you a full and complete recovery :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    lilac_lady wrote: »
    How amazing that you feel well enough to post so soon after your operation. I'm old enough to remember the world's first heart transplant by Dr Christian Barnard. It was such a step forward in surgery for the world.

I wish you a long, healthy life.

I too remember this, groundbreaking stuff.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure