PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Daily Thread Sunday 2nd Oct

Options

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

I don't know where the day has disappeared to but did have a late start. We woke up at 9.30:eek: probably because dgs wasn't here to wake us around 6ish.
    DH has managed to get one door on the summer house and is just working on door number 2. HH i Know exactly what you mean about Tool !!!!!!:rotfl:my DH can spend hours looking at the Screwfix catalogue:rotfl:
    Feeling a bit tired and flat today, Aunty Flo is due so maybe thats it. Its rainy here but still warm, hopefully we will have a cooler night. Sausage butties for breakfast and nobody seems at all interested in anymore food yet so will wait until they begin to complain, it will probably be pizza out of the freezer, really can't be @rsed today.
    Just been to Asd@ living for new pillows as I have had a stiff neck for a few days, didn't have any but I did get a nice dress, leggings and ankle boots:eek: oh I don't care today. Why have I never thought of wearing leggings with a dress, this could open up a whole new world:cool:
    Anyway got the pillows from Mr T, 2 climate control ones for 7.50 so got four, hopefully my neck will feel better tomorrow.

Anyway enough waffle, off to laze on the settee and read my book

Have a good Sunday all, Julie
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Popping in to send love to Tiredmum and to Lou and her friend.

I have a dilemma for you ladies to help me with.

My wonderful cleaner who has helped me since DD1 was born 14 years ago is going to retire at half term, I have been expecting it for a while as she is 68 but my dilemma is whether to replace her or not.
    Do I save the money that I used to give her and assign jobs to OH and my now teenaged children?
    This will leave me with the kitchen and bathroom to do (and the running around chasing up the others) or do I try to find a replacement?
    Both OH and I work full time and the children spend a lot of their free time doing various sports which I do not want to discourage.

She is more than my cleaner, she is a very close friend and she has helped me through some tricky times so I would like to buy her a retirement present, any ideas?.

Thanks in advance for your help ladies.:)
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Eeeeek I have a date on Tuesday night :eek::rotfl:. Another one from online dating, only been chatting a couple of weeks but he seems nice enough. Time to panic now!

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moorhen if you can afford it and find a suitable replacement then why not.

Been a busy bee.......put the vac round downstairs, moved furniture type of vac, been wrestling with the Swiss cheese tent to work out how many holes there are to repair. Current estimate stand at 12 :eek::eek::eek: and now going to get in the washing as it actually looks like rain. Really muggy here, bit of breeze but going overcast so hopefully I won't have to water tonight ;)
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    icon1.gif
    Hi guys,

I'm chutney making this afternoon. The recipe I have says to put the spices in a muslin bag to boil in the vinegar.

I'm not doing very well - I don't have some of the "unground" spices or a muslin bag. Reckon I could just chuck in the ground versions and hope for the best??

Thanks

ZC
  • frugalfrancesca
    Options
    Loulou2010 wrote: »
    afternoon all

popping in to say hello. feeling okish today after a nightmare day yesterday. my friend who i've being staying with on and off, miscarried her baby this morning :( so i have her 4yr old boy here. him and ds are in the tent in the garden at the moment.

i'm ploughing through tons of washing and hubby is doing a few bits around the garden. its soooo hot here and the wqashing drying really quick :cool: need to make some snack bits for ds. he is mad on cheese scones at the moment. his reflux has made a return. he is being sick at least once a day. not proper sick just watery stuff (tmi sorry :o) and coughing as if it coming up a little :( if it doesnt settle down soon will see if the dr will give him something as i dont want him to start losing weight like he did last time.

talking of which, he has finally outgrown his 18-24months trousers. but 2-3yrs are absolutely huuugggeeee on his. he has jeans with elasticated waist or belts and they still dont stay up :o saying that all his shorts are still 12-18months and fit him perfectly :D will prob wear the shorts he got for his birthday as trousers :rotfl:

anyway hope everyone is well

My little boy (2 and a half) is just like this with trousers! tops he has his correct size for his age, but he has just fone from 12-18 month trousers into 18-24 month's! bless him! he has inherited my dads short legs! :)
    ps.so sorry to hear about your friend xx
    Wife to a hardworking husband and mum to a adorable son and grumpy cat :)
  • ELACLA
    ELACLA Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all
    hugs to those that need them not being very os today too hot
    although i have done some ironing
    cold meals for us cba to cook in this weather
    not as sunny here as it was sseems to be clouding up
    hoping for cooler weather so that i can do some housework
    managed to sell some more on ebay and have listed some more as it is freelisting
    enjoy the rest of your sunday
    elaine
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Cloudy here today and cooler - actually looking as though it might rain. Well at least the cooler weather meant that I could get all my ironing done - loads to do as I have washed everything that wasn't nailed down to take advantage of the sunshine:D Done all my holiday ironing and organising too all just ready to put in my case on friday:D:D:D

Flutterby - go for it, what is there to loose, hope you have a great time and get on well.

(((Hugs))) to everyone who is feeling poorly or down

Candy - it was a great win wasn't it - where are you going on holiday?

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone

x
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tired Mum - so sorry to hear about your little dog :(:(:( They become furry members of the family xxx
    Lou - what a lovely friend you are x

Im a bit frustrated today as I haven't achieved as much as I wanted. I only managed some very gentle gardening - planting bulbs in the shade. I had to give up though as the front is so hot that the ground was parched. I decided to wait for the rain to come (sounds like I live in Africa) before planting anymore. I also didnt get my dusting done or the cooking as I was just too tired so that will be on my list for tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a good day - onwards and upwards, so to speak x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    well the rain has arrived here now Molly - got to say the garden really really needs it - think this is the driest its been this year!
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure