PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daily Thread Sunday 2nd Oct

Options
12346»

Comments

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi newbie here but been lurking for some time. Just to let you know it has been raining in North Staffs and although still very warm its liveable!! Been at work today 6-2 so by the time I got home, had visitors, dinner and a shower its bought me up to now. Anyway off to bed when I have put my breakfast up as at work again tomorrow, so only a very short visit but will continue to catchup tomorrow
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all! nipped out at lunchtime to drop a cd off for a friend as it's the only copy of the Christmas Single being released this year! Just got in now!! We took the dog on a lovely long walk from one pub to another pub then back again. OH has just finished work so too late to cook a roast now, Burger and chips tis then!

Hugs to your friend Lou x x

Lunches are made, and i will need to get up early to wash my hair tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to downton and an early night :)

x
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everybody,

Thanks for recipe Molly....have some Bundaberg rum that nobody likes so might try it out when current cake has gone....have to say that it is lovely, would never have expected it of a cake-mix...might buy another couple of packs when I am next near to Aldi, if they have any left.

Been another wet day here, although rain has stopped now, so should be able to get clothes on line to-morrow morning...2 loads ready to go out so really want to get rid of them.

Made pancakes this morning for breakfast and poached some pears to go with them....had salad with salami, cheese, pickles, tomatoes and rye bread for dinner as neither of us was very hungry, not sure whats for dinner to-morrow, might take some pork chops out of freezer. OH got huge piece of roast beef this morning which will cook on Tuesday, we always have DD4 and DGS2 for dinner on Tuesdays and cousin from Oz arrives then too.

Bought a new printer in Argos this afternoon, haven't managed to connect it up yet, doesn't seem to have instructions, will sort it in daylight to-morrow...fedup having no working printer, handed it in for recycling, shops here are obliged to take an electrical appliance back if you return it within 15 days of purchase of a similar appliance....means things aren't hanging round for ever waiting to be dropped to tip.

Tired mum, sorry about your dog...hugs.

Flutterby...enjoy your date.

Welcome to newbies, this is a very comfortable, helpful and friendly place.

Moorhen....if you can afford it, keep your cleaner...would love to have one here but nobody available....one of the downsides of lives in the sticks!

Will have to go back to taking notes as pages 1 and 2 are gone from the dodgy memory, so good night, sleep well and stay safe.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills