PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparing for winter III

Options

Comments

• prepareathome
    Options
    tugrin wrote: »
    But fleece, apart from being synthetic and possibly getting smellier more quickly, would seem to be the answer to a maidens prayer. Lidl here I come!

Can see us all next Monday morning descending en masse on our nearest Lidl store, :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: even me with my own central heating fancy them, they do sound warm and soft. Thankfully hubby is off so plan to get there as store is open - warned him he will not be getting a lie in, especially as now son has said he would like on of those light up alarm clocks for Christmas, so just hope the store lets me buy two, if not hubby can put one through separately :).
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    coldish here still but no snow. just ice.. nearly went flat on my bum a couple of times.. lol

and i think ive got the latest ever dpd delivery time too lol.. between 6.30 and 7.30 tonight :O
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • Confuzzled
    Confuzzled Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    Can see us all next Monday morning descending en masse on our nearest Lidl store, :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: even me with my own central heating fancy them, they do sound warm and soft.

oh no, what have i begun? :rotfl:
  • Confuzzled
    Options
    well, the winter weather has affected my first delivery so far, i signed up for a veg box scheme and was meant to get a litre of organic milk with my fortnightly box, alas the driver that delivers the milk had an accident not far outside the dairy (they had over 6 inches of snow apparently) so no milk this time around

i got my daughter all excited briefly when i came in with the box (which was actually in a large net bag this time) i had slung it over my back and said in a jolly raised voice 'HO HO HO, Merry Veg-mas'

i was amused, she was not :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Thriftkitten
    Thriftkitten Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    Options
    Is patiently waiting to hear everyones snow news, Mardywotsit..... preparedathome,Frugal..... where for are thou????? I need me winterly fix please:rotfl:
    Thriftkitten;)

Tesco saving stamps £13.00:T

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p :D
    August 2014
  • Confuzzled
    Options
    Is patiently waiting to hear everyones snow news, Mardywotsit..... preparedathome,Frugal..... where for are thou????? I need me winterly fix please:rotfl:

you're doing better than i am, i'm waiting very IMpatiently to hear everyones wintery news :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I'm afraid I am too far south to see any snow much before Fri/Sat according to Netweather... We will see :cool:

I love hearing the snow news too! If you go to the Netweather dot tv website, they have a weather forum which is full of people chatting about snow ;) You have to sign up but its free and fun :)
  • prepareathome
    Options
    Sorry been catching up on Panorama, I to was talking to the tv ' yes they do it till they are found out then they say its a mistake' was one of my more polite words, dogs just sat there thinking why is mummy saying these things to that to that thing she is always looking at :rotfl: Also watched last week and saw in whose pockets most of the tax money is paid to - do you know if it wasn't it would hurt more ordinary people I do sometimes wish the economy would crash and money became worthless just so that those rich ( I will be nice and not say) actually get to understand what its like to be poor. Mind you all of them most likely have basements with enough food, generators, water etc to keep them and their descendants going for hundreds of years.

Anyway enough of that this isn't the thread........we have had some more hail showers as well are rain, no sign of snow, not been outside the door today yet but will be in an hour and I will be wrapping up well.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

• prepareathome
    Options
    Just had a look at that net weather site, apart from a slight chance of snow Friday evening we are in the red for rain and high winds with very, very powerful gusts, that is all this week, bar the small chance Friday evening when they say snow, and all next week - can only presume they reckon the wind might blow the snow this way then..... definitely can see me ending up using those sledges as boats to get round. One plus with all this rain, hedges I had planted three weeks ago have to be watered at least once a week and they were put in on a Thursday, was dry on the Friday and every day since then its rained or hailed. Its so depressing out there so dull or dark with all these rain clouds. Sun does suddenly pop out on an odd day but only for about 10mins, you blink and you miss it so costing more in electric as you need the lights on all day. Had to wash my warm coat after wearing it yesterday, only snag with white, dogs went into garden as soon as we got home and I had not taken coat off yet, and one came back in straight away and jumped up on me, so black paw marks on front, and being cotton no use trying to wipe them off, oh well dry now and ready to use, yes used tumble dryer, as no room here for a maiden except in bath so afraid I just use the tumble dryer, its condenser type so does add heat to the house.

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Snow started at 4 and went off at half 6. Wet heavy snow, and BBC Scotland says it will turn to sleet or rain later on tonight, then freeze , and roads will be ice rinks in the rush hour. We were out clearing snow earlier and it hardly feels any time at all since last winter !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure