Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Other adjudications over the years, this one just last year.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Richie-from-the-Boro Posts: 6,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2019 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    There is no credible evidence that positive reviews left on Trustpilot are true. It appears reviews regarding Fischer Heaters are Fake. So apply caution. BUYERS of these heaters will NEVER Save. There is no credible evidence that FISCHER HEATERS will save you on HEATING BILLS. Its important that Fischer Heating customers who have been mislead approach lawyers for a solution. If purchased on credit, contact your credit card company.:)

Fake witness at sham marriages must be held to account...I am working on it.
  • xinstaller
    xinstaller Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    A recent 1 star review left by a Fischer future heat customer regarding the high running cost of these heaters was removed by fischer future heat. Apparently the reviewer wasn't a customer. Pervious reviews left by this same customer from Norwich regarding fisher heaters were welcome by fischer. Fischer has to only look at the 7 other reviews left by this customer on trustpilot. Just goes to show Fischer are in full control of removing negative reviews. Trustpilot recently announced it was going to tighten up on companies removing negative reviews. What a joke Trustpilot is turning out to be :rotfl:

Fake witness at sham marriages must be held to account...I am working on it.
  • xinstaller
    Options
    It has been confirmed by a Fischer future heat customer that these very expensive heaters £2000 approx per heater are very expensive to
    operate. Google Fischer heater reviews. For FAKE reviews on Fischer heaters visit Trustpilot.:T
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    HELP!!

The retirement complex I live in has been inundated with leaflets on Fischer type heaters for some time now, but I've just heard that a sales person is coming here in 2 weeks' time to give a 'presentation' from a local company selling this type of heating.

I'm hoping to raise some points, but want to make sure of my facts:

How long do these heaters retain their heat for?

Have companies been banned by the ASA for calling them 'storage heaters'? What else have they been banned from saying in adverts?

What advantage do they have over good quality panel heaters, eg Dimplex with timer and thermostat, which could be bought for 1/10th of the price?

Am I right in understanding that overnight storage heaters can be classed as central heating, although not as efficient as gas, in the Energy Performance Certificate required when selling a house, but these radiators can't, so selling price of house could be affected?

I'm expecting the convincing presentation to rope in elderly people who are having trouble with the existing storage heaters because they don't understand how to use them correctly and, in some cases they have broken down (18 years old). People are looking forward to the sales visit although they have no idea of the prices they are going to be quoted. No doubt any prospective customers at the presentation will receive a personal visit and will probably end up signing.

Some flats already have the heaters and are saying how convenient and easy to work they are. Plus we have had a very mild winter so the increased heating costs are not showing yet. No one is going to admit that they may have made a mistake in purchasing.

No point telling people to look at reviews on the internet as many of them don't use the net.
  • NickDavies
    Options
    They're not storage heaters and stay warm as long as anything else that isn't a storage heater. There's no advantage over any other panel heater. Remember that electric heating is for all intents and purposes 100% efficient. You can't make an electric heater any more efficient than cheapest heater from Argos.

I sugest you browse back up some of the 1200 odd posts in this thread.
  • xinstaller
    Options
    You are never going to save money on your heating bills. They tell you never to switch the heaters off. If you do then you break their terms and conditions. Absolute joke!!! They home survey is a front to get their foot through your front door...then the hard sell begins. The heater will cost between £1500 to £2000 depends on how much you can be squeezed for your hard earned savings. If you do happen to call them in for a survey which shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, make sure you pre arrange to invite your children, neighbours etc for tea 30 minutes later. Reviews on trust pilot are 90% FAKE design to fool you. You may be shown these reviews during you survey. B Happy you are absolute right people do not read reviews online. Recently a 1 star review was removed when the reviewer complained of very very High running COST. As you are in an old age home ask the warden to be present during the FAKE survey. Call the energy saving trust for ADVISE. A door salesperson/survey person is only there to make a sale. They will never give you your money back after the 14 days cooling off period. Instead loads of excuses. Check out amazon for german heaters if you must have one although you will get the same results with a heater from argos,lidl.aldi. :)

Fake witness at sham marriages must be held to account...wait for the doorbell.
  • Daisy_Does
    Daisy_Does Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 June 2019 at 8:21AM
    Options
    I had an identical system as the Fischer installed in my house thirteen years ago. I have replaced some of them. Mine are called Wibo. They have slowly broken down but there are no engineers to come out to them to sort them out as the company went bust several years ago. The above posters, i.e. Nick Davies and Xinstaller are absolutely correct as are other posters on here regarding what they say. I have since replaced the Wibo ones with far cheaper radiators, bought myself a non digital plug in thermostats to which the radiators are then plugged into, and believe it or not I have saved money. Why? The cheap thermostats I've bought are more finely tuned or sensitive to the ambient temperature and so turn the radiator on and off as and when required.

The Wibo was run in an identical fashion to the present Fischer method. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. However, I didn't pay for mine when I moved into my new (newbuild) house and the builder paid for their installation as I didn't want an oil boiler or heating system.

Certainly the Wibo company was out to make money but if I needed updated radiators and wanted to switch from the storage radiator system, then it is far wiser to definitely heed advice from many folk on here who have posted - don't sign anything - don't agree anything. Better still, don't invite them into your home or respond to their leaflet drops. I've just had one, which prompted me to post on here as I am extremely concerned that so many people are being parted from their hard earned cash when far cheaper, and just as efficient radiators can be bought.
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 12 June 2019 at 9:43AM
    Options
    Daisy_Does wrote: »
    I had an identical system as the Fischer installed in my house thirteen years ago. I have replaced some of them. Mine are called Wibo. They have slowly broken down but there are no engineers to come out to them to sort them out as the company went bust several years ago. The above posters, i.e. Nick Davies and Xinstaller are absolutely correct as are other posters on here regarding what they say. I have since replaced the Wibo ones with far cheaper radiators, bought myself a non digital plug in thermostats to which the radiators are then plugged into, and believe it or not I have saved money. Why? The cheap thermostats I've bought are more finely tuned or sensitive to the ambient temperature and so turn the radiator on and off as and when required.

The Wibo was run in an identical fashion to the present Fischer method. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. However, I didn't pay for mine when I moved into my new (newbuild) house and the builder paid for their installation as I didn't want an oil boiler or heating system.

Certainly the Wibo company was out to make money but if I needed updated radiators and wanted to switch from the storage radiator system, then it is far wiser to definitely heed advice from many folk on here who have posted - don't sign anything - don't agree anything. Better still, don't invite them into your home or respond to their leaflet drops. I've just had one, which prompted me to post on here as I am extremely concerned that so many people are being parted from their hard earned cash when far cheaper, and just as efficient radiators can be bought.

I am erxtremely concerned that you were parted with your hard earned cash 13 years ago
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=778865

Yes, you did pay for them, perhaps indirectly, when you elected to take the new build property of which they were a part.

Not sure why you believe the supplier has gone bust? :huh:
    https://www.wibo.com/

In the meantime, may I extend a warm welcome to you as a brand new user here. - there's been quite a few this morning :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback