Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• Starbucksboy
    Options
    Can I ask why you guys are so interested in trying so hard to discredit a report conducted by scientists of the BRE. These posts come across like you must have some other agenda - perhaps competitors? I can see you guys have posted hundreds and thousands of posts - you're lives must be better than mine, I wish I had that much free time.... it's too easy to enter into a keyboard battle but I want to know if you guys are getting paid to troll this site so relentlessly? Because the hours you have invested in trying to talk down this company is considerable.

I actually invested in several Fischer heaters in 2015 and I have been delighted with them. I don't think I need to sing their praises to you guys as you're clearly not interested. But I will say this - Fischer heaters are much better than the old storage heaters which I couldn't wait to get rid of. The only reason we want heat is to keep warm and they really do the job. Bills are reduced now! Night storage, Quantum etc don't keep the room at a comfortable temperature. You guys are barking up the wrong tree, making such comments. I plan to get additional Fischer units next year. Good luck to you guys in the world you all live in...(it isn't real)
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    The clue is in the forum title my 1st time poster friend.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the Fischer Future Heat Test BRSIA report, a PDF can be downloaded.
    https://www.ribaproductselector.com/fischer-future-heat-bsria-test/28034/col349222/download.aspx

I Googled "BRE" and got "BRSIA".

This is the Fischer Commercial Brochure, also available from the same BRSIA site
    https://www.ribaproductselector.com/Docs/4/28034/external/COL447653.pdf

I see no comparisons with other heaters on either PDF. I have no idea whether Fischer are better or worse than any other heater. I guess you pay your money and take your choice. However, it does occur to me that, had I paid out a lot of money to equip my home with any specific heating system, then discovered that I could have bought something less expensive and/or more efficient, I may have been loath to admit that I was wrong.

I also wonder, perhaps mistakenly, whether "netto" and "Starbucksboy" are one and the same. I also speculate, again perhaps in error, whether each or both, have any interest in the Fischer company? But perhaps that is my inbuilt cynicism. ;(
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 21 July 2017 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Can I ask why you guys are so interested in trying so hard to discredit a report conducted by scientists of the BRE.

Welcome to the forum.

Does this BRE report exist?

Have you seen it?

Personally I am sure that there is no such report containing the nonsense posted in post#501.

The sole reason why us 'guys' comment on expensive electrical heaters is for the benefit of people with little technical knowledge who might be fooled into thinking these heaters(from any manufacturer) somehow produce more heat, for the same running cost, as other electrical heaters.

Can you please tell us how much your 'investment' in 2015 cost, and how much you intend to spend on further heaters?
  • jessex1990
    jessex1990 Posts: 137 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2017 at 6:27PM
    Options
    Company shill is being too obvious here. Creating a new account just to plug a product. I don't think he actually had one of the new quantums in 2015 - just a big standard dimplex that's probably about 20+ years old and erroneously called it one.
  • interestedinsavings
    interestedinsavings Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2017 at 10:34PM
    Options
    Lets just imagine for a minute that the energy use figures quoted from the fabled report are correct. What hasn't been addressed are the running costs based on that energy usage. Here are the calculations: ( all electricity prices per kWh are taken from the money saving expert website showing lowest tariffs currently available - last updated May 2017. Gas prices taken from Notts energy website showing current average UK energy prices - last updated June 2017 )

Fischer dynamic storage heater used 1265 watts per hour (It is not a storage heater, it is a direct acting heater using peak rate electricity)

1265 watts per hour @ 12.6p per kWh = 15.9p per hr

Fischer premium Storage heater used 1168 watts per hour (It is not a storage heater, it is a direct acting heater using peak rate electricity)

1168 watts per hour @ 12.6p per kWh = 14.7p per hour

Dimplex Quantum storage heater used 1852 watts per hour ( uses economy 7 off peak rate )

1852 watts per hour @ 7.1p per kWh = 13.1p per hour

Creda night storage heater used 1935 watts per hour ( uses economy 7 off peak rate )

1935 watts per hour @ 7.1p per kWh = 13.7p per hour

Gas central heating used 1897 watts per hour.

1897 watts per hour @ 4.2p per kWh = 7.9p per hour

So, even if the energy use figures are correct they have still managed to prove that the Fischer heaters are the most expensive to run of the heating systems in this comparison. Bit of an own goal I think
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Fair post IIS, from the first post till #531 we have variously 'disproved' all of the claims. Legal threats to posters here and pressure on MSE leading to clunky editing of these threads by MSE can not change facts. The facts are quite laughable, they as you have seen do not even compute.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • netto
    netto Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Fischer heaters use night rate as well as day rate, so your calculations are wrong, don't invent your own running costs until you know the facts, as far as the report it does exist and I only hope you serial posters can see the light...
    The fact that their customers give them a five star rating on trust pilot and there are thousands of verified customers that have written reviews, who all of you guys want to discredit, do you really believe that readers find your reviews more authoritative rather than the Trustpilot, where ever poster is verified by trustpilot as being a customer with a order reference number is laughable,I can't see why the readers in your forum would care to read post by 4-5 serial posters who do this for a living maybe... normal people don't spend their time posting on forums..
    Good luck and I wish you all well...but please don't attack posters who don't share your views... that does not seem fair .
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    7 years a member, only four posts in that time. Single subject poster all defending 'wibo & Fischer'.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    netto wrote: »
    Fischer heaters use night rate as well as day rate, so your calculations are wrong, don't invent your own running costs until you know the facts, as far as the report it does exist and I only hope you serial posters can see the light...
    The fact that their customers give them a five star rating on trust pilot and there are thousands of verified customers that have written reviews, who all of you guys want to discredit, do you really believe that readers find your reviews more authoritative rather than the Trustpilot, where ever poster is verified by trustpilot as being a customer with a order reference number is laughable,I can't see why the readers in your forum would care to read post by 4-5 serial posters who do this for a living maybe... normal people don't spend their time posting on forums..
    Good luck and I wish you all well...but please don't attack posters who don't share your views... that does not seem fair .

Sadly, this thread is generating more heat than light. If a BRE report actually exists, then post a link to it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback