🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• mickyduck55
    mickyduck55 Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Does anyone else have views on E.on's new set up. I'm not impressed! 

1. There was no warning of the change so the notification to set up a new account looked like a scam. 
    2. The website is set up (like the previous one but worse) for energy consuming customers not FIT.  Whilst 'bills' are available the table of production values have gone. 
    3. Timings for readings have changed. This is minor but I can no longer readily compare year against year. 
    4. Worst of the lot. They've always previously paid in a couple of days but are now saying 3-4 weeks. I really hope it's not going to take so long. 
    4.  E.on next payment within 5 days .. same excellent service I have had from E.on since 2011
    Yep. Mine has come through equally promptly. So why are they saying 3-4 weeks?    
    Probably just to cover themselves in case of any issue
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch (£3.36 /W).
    17 Yingli 235 panels
    Sunnyboy 4000TL inverter
    Sunny Webox
    Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since.

13 Feb 2020 LUX AC 3600 and 3 X Pylon Tech 3.5 kW batteries added...

20 January 2024 Daikin ASHP installed
  • Charlesgj
    Charlesgj Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have the same issue with SSE from my other post in the Energy forum.
    I gave a fit reading on 14/01/2022 also a photo of my fit meter on the 07/02/2022 as requested.

I only found out about needing to send a photo of my fit meter after I phoned and was told that.

Tried phoning this past week and had not had any success there. The longest I hung on was half an hour.
    I even tried to email the person that I spoke to in January no reply.

Now we are coming to the next quarter and I have not had the payment.

Also this from the same thread.

I think this something to do with the OVO take over or whatever it is.

As the last was headed with this sse-revive-mail.ovoenergy.com  email address.

• Chris_Type_R
    Chris_Type_R Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 March 2022 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Charlesgj said:
    I have the same issue with SSE from my other post in the Energy forum.
    I gave a fit reading on 14/01/2022 also a photo of my fit meter on the 07/02/2022 as requested.

I've also not had payment for my reading provided 4th Feb 2022 - for SSE.

What's the background to having to supply a photo of the FIT meter ?

I am starting to wonder if I should transfer my FIT agreement to Shell Energy (who I have 2.5 years remaining of fixed rate).
    Central Beds, 2.02kWp (9 x 225W) south facing with some morning shade, installed 2011 (£7.16/Wp). Tigo monitoring/optimisers on all panels, Growatt MIC 2000 TL-X Inverter and Solar iBoost installed 2022. (4 x 415W + 6 x 405W garden experiment connected to SunSynk 3.6 hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.3kWh SynSynk batteries) (4 x 405W panels queued to go somewhere)
  • Charlesgj
    First Post
    edited 6 April 2022 at 10:32PM
    Options
    The photo is for proof the same as having your meter read by a meter reader every 2 years.
    From the email "Unfortunately we are unable to produce a payment to you at the moment as we require a ‘2 Year Verification’ inspection of your meter"

"Please send a picture of your Feed In Tariff meter, clearly showing the reading and serial number to fits.must.read@sseenergyservices.com with your FIT account number in the subject and we will process this in due course.

This picture does not replace the need for a ‘2 Year Verification’ and we will still need to arrange an appointment with you once it is safe to do so for both you and our meter readers."

• Chris_Type_R
    Options
    Charlesgj said:
    The photo is for proof the same as having your meter read by a meter reader every 2 years.
    Frome the email "Unfortunately we are unable to produce a payment to you at the moment as we require a ‘2 Year Verification’ inspection of your meter"
    I haven't had one of those - can you update the thread if you make any progress ?
    Central Beds, 2.02kWp (9 x 225W) south facing with some morning shade, installed 2011 (£7.16/Wp). Tigo monitoring/optimisers on all panels, Growatt MIC 2000 TL-X Inverter and Solar iBoost installed 2022. (4 x 415W + 6 x 405W garden experiment connected to SunSynk 3.6 hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.3kWh SynSynk batteries) (4 x 405W panels queued to go somewhere)
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh bother, everyone trying to get onto all the energy websites to submit their 31 March readings as the media have been telling them to do all day so there's a queue of more than one hour to get onto the Bulb site to submit my quarterly generation reading. If I don't get on before midnight I lose out for three months :(
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    KevinG said:
    Oh bother, everyone trying to get onto all the energy websites to submit their 31 March readings as the media have been telling them to do all day so there's a queue of more than one hour to get onto the Bulb site to submit my quarterly generation reading. If I don't get on before midnight I lose out for three months :(
    I'm pleased E.ON Next had a 25th March cut-off, I submitted mine on the 24th and have already been paid!
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm away from home at moment so can't read meter tonight.  However,  I'm quietly confident that I'll be able to read it in a few days time, correct it to today's figure with figures from inverter and submit it next week but with today's date.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2022 at 11:56PM
    Options
    KevinG said:
    Phew, 2 hours in a queue and managed it with 9 minutes to spare.

(Also, I've just noticed that the email I sent with the reading, in case I couldn't get onto the website, was retuned with error "Recipient is receiving email too quickly"!)
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Charlesgj
    First Post
    Options
    Still no response from SSE  Here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79094144#Comment_79094144 is a link to my other post.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure