Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:12PM
    Options
    tarves57 said:
    Further to my previous post, I finally got through to SSE who said although I gave a reading in November, there was a problem on my account in that there had been no physical reading of the meter for two years, so I could either make an appointment for a meter reader or email her a photo of my meter, which is what I did.  Here's hoping.....
    Wonderful customer service from SSE (NOT !)

Why on Earth didn't they tell you that without prompting in Nov ?
    Indeed,  since it's their  responsibility to arrange verification visits,  why didn't they do that ?
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • tarves57
    tarves57 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EricMears said:

Indeed,  since it's their  responsibility to arrange verification visits,  why didn't they do that ?
    Yes, indeed. Presumably because of the handover to OVO, layoffs, or a huge backlog due to staff working from home, in isolation, etc., which I can understand, but I think it's time all these companies got themselves sorted out. Hopefully the standards at OVO administration will be as good as SSE used to be.
  • paul991
    paul991 Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i was told  a photo of meter is sufficient due  to covid
  • Bluebell1000
    Options
    My Bulb payment arrived today 👍
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    paul991 said:
    i was told  a photo of meter is sufficient due  to covid
    Very likely so - but it was SSE's responsibility to ask for one not their customer's to offer one.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KevinG said:
    It will be interesting to see how long Bulb take to pay now that they are in special administration. Reading submitted 31st December, 10 days and counting ...
    Paid on 17th January, a bit faster than last quarter but still slower than it used to be.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • mickyduck55
    Options
    E-on continue to be excellent.. Reading submitted 14 Jan.. payment in my account 19 Jan..... never had an issue and been with them since 2011. 
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch (£3.36 /W).
    17 Yingli 235 panels
    Sunnyboy 4000TL inverter
    Sunny Webox
    Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since.

13 Feb 2020 LUX AC 3600 and 3 X Pylon Tech 3.5 kW batteries added...

20 January 2024 Daikin ASHP installed
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    British Gas seem to be back on track and with the payments being made directly to bank account money was received within a week of the reading being given to them.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • ispookie666
    ispookie666 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Scottish power - been with them for FIT since 2015, 2-3 weeks is the usual turn around time.  
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument." - Desmond Tutu

System 1 - 14 x 250W SunModule SW + Enphase ME215 microinverters (July 2015)
    System 2 - 20 x 330W Jinko Panels + Enphase IQ7+ microinverters (Jan 2022) + Givenergy AC Coupled inverter + 2 * 8.2KWh Battery (May 2022) + Mitsubishi 7.1 KW and 2* Daikin 2.5 KW A2A Heat Pump
  • SalsaDanca
    Options
    EricMears said:
    tarves57 said:
    Further to my previous post, I finally got through to SSE who said although I gave a reading in November, there was a problem on my account in that there had been no physical reading of the meter for two years, so I could either make an appointment for a meter reader or email her a photo of my meter, which is what I did.  Here's hoping.....
    Wonderful customer service from SSE (NOT !)

I had an email from SSE today saying that they couldn't process this quarter's FIT payment and asked me to submit a photo of the meter, so it looks like they're being more proactive about it now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback