Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    QrizB said:
    KevinG said:
    Oh bother, everyone trying to get onto all the energy websites to submit their 31 March readings as the media have been telling them to do all day so there's a queue of more than one hour to get onto the Bulb site to submit my quarterly generation reading. If I don't get on before midnight I lose out for three months :(
    I'm pleased E.ON Next had a 25th March cut-off, I submitted mine on the 24th and have already been paid!
    Similar story here. First time with E.ON Next since being transferred over from E.ON and I submitted mine on the 25th and received the payment today. Excellent service.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Same here.  Not overly impressed with the transition and had to call them to get things sorted but payment received as quickly as ever.  Not sure why yet (statement not available yet) but it is a few £ higher than my calculation.  Could be they input the wrong numbers from what I told them on the phone.  Will all come out in the wash I guess...
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,036 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shell Energy, tried to submit my reading using the weblink they supply and got a 'there is a problem with your details' message - these are the details they pre-populate and can not be changed.  Trying to call them and just get a 'we can not answer calls now' message.
    I think....
  • Chris_Type_R
    Chris_Type_R Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Charlesgj said:
    Still no response from SSE  Here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79094144#Comment_79094144 is a link to my other post.

I had two emails from SSE today asking for a photo, one addressed to myself and one addressed to a 'Mr Taylor' - both referencing my account number.

It's not clear what reading they're actually trying to validate against as my last submission was 4 Feb. I've emailed 3 photos for Feb, Mar, Apr - so optimistically waiting to see if I'm ever paid again. The whole system seems to be in a state of disarray - and it's impossible to reach a human on the phone to gain any clarity.  
    Central Beds, 2.02kWp (9 x 225W) south facing with some morning shade, installed 2011 (£7.16/Wp). Tigo monitoring/optimisers on all panels, Growatt MIC 2000 TL-X Inverter and Solar iBoost installed 2022. (4 x 415W + 6 x 405W garden experiment connected to SunSynk 3.6 hybrid inverter & 2 x 5.3kWh SynSynk batteries) (4 x 405W panels queued to go somewhere)
  • Charlesgj
    Charlesgj Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Same issue here with SSE on the phone for 20 minutes listening to the same annoying music.

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EricMears said:
    I'm away from home at moment so can't read meter tonight.  However,  I'm quietly confident that I'll be able to read it in a few days time, correct it to today's figure with figures from inverter and submit it next week but with today's date.
    Scottish Power website did indeed accept on Monday 4th April my estimated generation meter reading for 31st March.

I hesitate to recommend them to others as they invariably take 2 weeks or more to process readings and make FIT payments but at least they don't make you jump through hoops to claim when convenient to them.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Charlesgj
    First Post
    edited 7 April 2022 at 10:32PM
    Options
    I am still waiting for the fit payment from January. The next reading will be due in the next few days.
  • ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has ANYONE managed to speak to SSE anout the late payments and has ANYONE either received their late payment or an explanation of why it is late?
  • Charlesgj
    First Post
    Options
    I have just got though to SSE fit and have sorted my issue.
    According to nice lady I spoke to they are just getting though January photos.

• gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sent my readings to BG on the 31/03/2022.
    Received cheque today for £358.80 for my generation from December 31 2021.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback