Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,250 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EricMears said:
    tarves57 said:
    Further to my previous post, I finally got through to SSE who said although I gave a reading in November, there was a problem on my account in that there had been no physical reading of the meter for two years, so I could either make an appointment for a meter reader or email her a photo of my meter, which is what I did.  Here's hoping.....
    Wonderful customer service from SSE (NOT !)

Why on Earth didn't they tell you that without prompting in Nov ?
    Indeed,  since it's their  responsibility to arrange verification visits,  why didn't they do that ?

I had an email from SSE today saying that they couldn't process this quarter's FIT payment and asked me to submit a photo of the meter, so it looks like they're being more proactive about it now.
    At least they contacted you and asked for a photo.  AIUI,  'tarves57' was left wondering why they hadn't paid and only found out they wanted a photo after making further enquiries about the missing payment.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • tarves57
    tarves57 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EricMears said:
    I had an email from SSE today saying that they couldn't process this quarter's FIT payment and asked me to submit a photo of the meter, so it looks like they're being more proactive about it now.
    At least they contacted you and asked for a photo.  AIUI,  'tarves57' was left wondering why they hadn't paid and only found out they wanted a photo after making further enquiries about the missing payment.
    Also, still haven't been paid yet.....
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Does anyone else have views on E.on's new set up. I'm not impressed! 

1. There was no warning of the change so the notification to set up a new account looked like a scam. 
    2. The website is set up (like the previous one but worse) for energy consuming customers not FIT.  Whilst 'bills' are available the table of production values have gone. 
    3. Timings for readings have changed. This is minor but I can no longer readily compare year against year. 
    4. Worst of the lot. They've always previously paid in a couple of days but are now saying 3-4 weeks. I really hope it's not going to take so long. 
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
  • phsci
    phsci Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I submitted my quarterly meter reading to E.ON Next for the first time on Tuesday1st March; the payment was made directly into my current account on Friday 4th March.  No complaints from me.  I did have an emailed notification of the proposed change from E.on to E.ON Next a few months ago and also more recently an emailed reminder of the need for a meter reading, confirming the permitted dates window.  My former reading dates were 22 Feb, 22 May etc. so no big change for me.  However, I can now only see "bills" going back 2 years and the table of previous generation seems to have disappeared.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm ex-nPower and E.ON Next's system isn't any worse than theirs was!
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 692 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    British Gas seems to have forgotten to remind me to submit readings. Just got ten months worth of fit payments in one go. 
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
  • paul991
    paul991 Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    put  a fit reading in with octopus and  got a statement back within 2 hours best service yet 
  • Rheumatoid
    Rheumatoid Posts: 891 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2022 at 6:11PM
    Options
    Octopus have upped their game this quarter. Usually around a 6 week wait. Money in account less than 7 days after reading submission this time!
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • mickyduck55
    mickyduck55 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options

1. There was no warning of the change so the notification to set up a new account looked like a scam. 
    2. The website is set up (like the previous one but worse) for energy consuming customers not FIT.  Whilst 'bills' are available the table of production values have gone. 
    3. Timings for readings have changed. This is minor but I can no longer readily compare year against year. 
    4. Worst of the lot. They've always previously paid in a couple of days but are now saying 3-4 weeks. I really hope it's not going to take so long. 
    4.  E.on next payment within 5 days .. same excellent service I have had from E.on since 2011
    3.995kWP SSW facing. Commissioned 7 July 2011. 24 degree pitch (£3.36 /W).
    17 Yingli 235 panels
    Sunnyboy 4000TL inverter
    Sunny Webox
    Solar Immersion installed May 2013, after two Solar Immersion lasting just over the guarantee period replaced with Solic 200... no problems since.

13 Feb 2020 LUX AC 3600 and 3 X Pylon Tech 3.5 kW batteries added...

20 January 2024 Daikin ASHP installed
  • Exiled_Tyke
    Exiled_Tyke Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Options

4.  E.on next payment within 5 days .. same excellent service I have had from E.on since 2011
    Yep. Mine has come through equally promptly. So why are they saying 3-4 weeks?    
    Install 28th Nov 15, 3.3kW, (11x300LG), SolarEdge, SW. W Yorks.
    Install 2: Sept 19, 600W SSE
    Solax 6.3kWh battery
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport