Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• mre15
    mre15 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 February 2019 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Finally got my FiT all sorted. Approx 10 weeks and many phone calls.
    I reckon if left it would take nearly 20 weeks.

I setup my online account but notice this also doesn't work correctly. Just a message saying Bang, something has gone wrong. I have had the letter thanking me for registering for online account.

Is this normal ?
    4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.
  • mmmmikey
    mmmmikey Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mre15 wrote: »
    I setup my online account but notice this also doesn't work correctly. Just a message sang Bang, something has gone wrong. I have had the letter thanking me for registering for online account.

Is this normal ?

Who is your account with? I'm with EDF and it's been completely hassle free. They send me a reminder to submit a reading online, I submit the reading which they acknowledge with an email, a couple of days after that I get a statement by email telling them they've made a BACS payment and a couple of days after that the money's in my account. For example, for my last payment I got the reminder and submitted the reading the same day on 1st Feb and the payment hit my account on 6th Feb. This is fairly normal for me, just varies by a day or so depending on weekends.
  • mre15
    Options
    mmmmikey wrote: »
    Who is your account with? I'm with EDF and it's been completely hassle free. They send me a reminder to submit a reading online, I submit the reading which they acknowledge with an email, a couple of days after that I get a statement by email telling them they've made a BACS payment and a couple of days after that the money's in my account. For example, for my last payment I got the reminder and submitted the reading the same day on 1st Feb and the payment hit my account on 6th Feb. This is fairly normal for me, just varies by a day or so depending on weekends.

I am with E.ON
    4.6kWp PV Comprising 16 x Jinko Solar Maxim Optimised 290W panels SSE Facing, Solis Hybrid Inverter and 7.2 kWh Pylontech batteries. Gloucestershire.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I am with E.ON and all works just fine for me. Maybe a call to the helpdesk of FiT team?
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mmmmikey wrote: »
    Who is your account with? I'm with EDF and it's been completely hassle free.....

Ditto, but there is a difference between registering and just claiming, month on month.

When I registered, it took ages, with little communication.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    pinnks wrote: »
    Cheers. It would be good if your colleagues could let you and therefore us know how they are taking the various issues forward...:beer:

No worries pinnks. I'll be happy to update this thread as soon as I'm made aware of anything relevant to these topics.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Finally got my FiT all sorted. Approx 10 weeks and many phone calls.
    I reckon if left it would take nearly 20 weeks.

I setup my online account but notice this also doesn't work correctly. Just a message saying Bang, something has gone wrong. I have had the letter thanking me for registering for online account.

Is this normal ?
    I am with E.ON

Hello mre15 and glad this is finally sorted. Sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience.

Thank you, too, for registering with our website and sorry you had a problem using it. What were you trying to do?

It's normal to receive the letter you mention. These are sent to help stop fraud by making sure customers know their accounts have been registered online.

Thanks again for your perseverance mre15.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2019 at 2:08PM
    Options
    Hello pinnks and I have to agree. This is bizarre.

As promised, I've been sending feedback about this and other FIT issues to those at E.ON responsible for our scheme. I gave the bag a shake only the other day and will be sure to do so again now you've brought this to my attention.

I've no explanation as to why we've called to see the meter again so soon after the last time and I'm sorry we're causing this inconvenience pinnks.

Malc
    Hi Malc

Can I suggest that the quickest way to address this type of issue is either ...

If reading is sub-contracted .... to not recompense the meter reading sub-contractor for second (and subsequent) meter reading visits within the 2 year period mentioned unless instructed to do so directly to confirm suspicious readings etc.

If reading is in-house .... to reduce the future operating budget of the relevant department by a value commensurate with the cost of the visit plus additional administration incurred ....

Additionally, such 'mistakes' should be monitored & included as KPIs for departmental & individual performance appraisal .. then again, there's the matter of customer contact and potential redress for unnecessary burden incurred.

Not really rocket science, all it takes is serious consideration of service quality & there's no better way of ensuring that management's customer service socks are pulled up than having a financial impact! ... :o

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • mre15
    Options
    Hello mre15 and glad this is finally sorted. Sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience.

Thank you, too, for registering with our website and sorry you had a problem using it. What were you trying to do?

It's normal to receive the letter you mention. These are sent to help stop fraud by making sure customers know their accounts have been registered online.

Thanks again for your perseverance mre15.

Malc

Hi Malc

The online account just doesn't work at all, I can login fine, if I click on View my plan, give us a reading or anything else I just get an Error.

All I get is Whoops, Somethings blown it.

Clearly it just hasn't been setup correctly.

Cheers

Mark.
  • Andyk910
    Options
    We have had panels for just over 3 years. Originally signed up to FIT with nPower and still with them for FIT/Solar, although not for supply (MSE Big Switch last year). nPower have been no issue at all. They email at the end of the quarter (on time) telling me my FIT meter reading is due, acknowledge my reading within 24 hours and make payment direct to my nominated account within a week and have done so regular as clockwork every quater since we began in late '15. They have been really spot on. Now, next week my PowerVault 8kwh battery P3ECO storage system goes on-line too, so we will see how that goes...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback