Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    E.on appear to have toned down their unable to read your FiT meter letters as they no longer threaten to stop your payments, and they now explain more clearly what the next steps are.
    Dear The Green Hornet

We recently tried to read your FiT meter, but we couldn't get in.

We'll call again when we're next in your area. If we can't access your meter during our next visit, we'll write to you again and ask you to arrange an appointment for our meter reader to visit.

Still seems an inefficient process but fair play to E.on on changing the wording.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    E.on appear to have toned down their unable to read your FiT meter letters as they no longer threaten to stop your payments, and they now explain more clearly what the next steps are.

Still seems an inefficient process but fair play to E.on on changing the wording.
    I have heard of some people being asked to take a picture of their meter (including the serial number) & uploading it.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    I have heard of some people being asked to take a picture of their meter (including the serial number) & uploading it.
    I have to do that once a year for my Micro CHP reading, which is always "over tolerance" for the winter quarter because, shock, horror, I actually use the boiler to heat the house in winter! This despite my only using the heating for a few hours a day even in the depth of winter. I strongly suspect that they don't distinguish between Solar PV and Micro CHP when setting the tolerances.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 April 2019 at 1:46PM
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    I've had to do that previously when our panels have generated what appears to be too much. As we have no shading and are directly south facing we are getting substantially more than PVGIS, over 3000kWh compared to 2400kWh estimate.

Having previously sung the praises of British Gas for their FIT payments they seem to have seriously dropped the ball with the service now. Not sure if it's something that anyone else has noticed but the last 3 payments have all been much slower than before. Having had the cheque through within a week normally it's now taking up to a month. I wonder if they've changed systems or something.

Best company to move to that pays quickly and electronically? EDF?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • ChopperST
    ChopperST Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    I've had to do that previously when our panels have generated what appears to be too much. As we have no shading and are directly south facing we are getting substantially more than PVGIS, over 3000kWh compared to 2400kWh estimate.

Having previously sung the praises of British Gas for their FIT payments they seem to have seriously dropped the ball with the service now. Not sure if it's something that anyone else has noticed but the last 3 payments have all been much slower than before. Having had the cheque through within a week normally it's now taking up to a month. I wonder if they've changed systems or something.

Best company to move to that pays quickly and electronically? EDF?

I've been with Npower for 5 years and find them really efficient. Reminder email with online form, instant email notification with statement generally within 24 hours and BACS payment in 7-10 days. Had to ring once and customer service team know what they were on about and query dealt with quickly.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options

Thanks for the update The Green Hornet. Glad we've toned down these letters.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yet more issues with British Gas. Three weeks after submitting my reading they have decided it was too high and need evidence to confirm.

This is the 3rd time they've said that so it looks like their systems need amendment and frustrating that they've waited so long before raising an issue. Almost like they're deliberating delaying as long as possible to avoid paying out.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    This is the 3rd time they've said that so it looks like their systems need amendment
    I was told that the tolerances are set by Ofgem and there is nothing the FiT supplier can do about it.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still waiting for my cheque from British Gas has always took about a week, 3 weeks on still no sign
  • Johnkg
    Johnkg Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    l966dpy wrote: »
    Still waiting for my cheque from British Gas has always took about a week, 3 weeks on still no sign

Same here. Also no reminder email sent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure