Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    l966dpy wrote: »
    Still waiting for my cheque from British Gas has always took about a week, 3 weeks on still no sign

Mine is now over a month. It took 3 weeks for them to query the reading I'd submitted. Previously even when slow they quoted their timescale of 28 days to pay but it's now exceeded that too.

I wonder what changes they've put in place that have caused it
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Further update on the EON position. They have changed the tone of the letters as the Green Hornet says but again told me that they would be stopping my FiT as they could not read the meter only 2 months after they read them.

Late last year or early this year they sent me the old letter and I made my views heard on here. In January, having made an appointment, they read my meters but a few weeks later said they were stopping my FiT because my readings were unexplainable. This proved to be their error because they put meter 1 reading (3.5kWp installed 2013) against system 2 (1.75kWp installed 2014) and wondered why the outcome was impossible. They weren't concerned about the system that had apparently dropped by 50% but effectively accused me of falsifying readings because the system had doubled its readings in a short period. It wasn't rocket science to work out what they had done wrong! An apology followed and I thought that was me done for another 2 years or so, but Noooooooooo!

We were away for a few weeks in April but mid April they sent another letter, sitting on the door mat when we returned, saying they were stopping my FiT because they could not read the meter. Really? FiT providers are required to read meters once ever 2 years, not once every 2 months.

A phone call followed which wasted the best part of 30 minutes of my life leading to another quasi-apology from EON and some waffle about the numbers now being verified after all followed by the suggestion that they come and read the meters again. I politely but firmly declined but had to remain resolute to ensure I didn't waste even more of my time waiting in to allow them to read the meters for a second time in 2019!

What is it with EON and this part of the process. In all other regards they are great but with this issue they are about as bad as it gets. They have got it wrong, threatened my FiT and generally caused me significant annoyance and frustration 2 or 3 times every year since my PV systems were install.

Malc from EON, you need to get this sorted as it will tarnish what is otherwise a well-earned good reputation. :mad:
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Speedy service from EDF again.
    Generation meter reading submitted 1st May, payment in account today, despite the Bank Holiday.
  • Temrael
    Temrael Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 24 May 2019 at 4:44PM
    Options
    Speedy service from EDF again.
    Generation meter reading submitted 1st May, payment in account today, despite the Bank Holiday.

Hi there, I wonder if you might be able to help? :)

I've just had my FiT application approved with EDF. The paperwork says I need to submit my generation readings in January, April, July and October.

Do they email you to prompt you to do these when they want them? On the 1st or whatever?

I see I submit them at https://www.edfenergy.com/fits-meter-reading but I'm not sure if I wait for them to email to ask for them or if it's down to me to set a reminder or something?

How does it work? :o

Thanks,
    Temrael

Don't use a long word when a diminutive one will suffice.
  • Zarch
    Zarch Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    Temrael wrote: »
    Hi there, I wonder if you might be able to help? :)

I've just had my FiT application approved with EDF. The paperwork says I need to submit my generation readings in January, April, July and October.

Do they email you to prompt you to do these when they want them? On the 1st or whatever?

I see I submit them at https://www.edfenergy.com/fits-meter-reading but I'm not sure if I wait for them to email to ask for them or if it's down to me to set a reminder or something?

How does i work? :o

Thanks,

You get an email reminder with a link to submit (the link you posted)....... fill that in, payment comes within a week.

All very straightforward.... I've been very happy with things so far.
    17 x 300W panels (5.1kW) on a 3.68kW SolarEdge system in Sunny Sheffield.
    12kW Pylontech battery storage system with Lux AC controller
    Creator of the Energy Stats UK website and @energystatsuk Twitter Feed
  • Temrael
    Temrael Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Brilliant thanks, yep the feedback on EDF seemed very positive on here lately, the main reason I applied with them. :)

Thanks again,
    Temrael

Don't use a long word when a diminutive one will suffice.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    Options
    FIT read to payment = 4 working days. Nice one E.ON:beer:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,159 Forumite
    Options
    Just to balance matters a little, I know BG are still using the old fashioned cheque for FIT payments and they have been somewhat reluctant to pay their dues in the past, but I emailed my latest figure to them on the 27th May and a cheque duly arrived on 3rd June. Yes, it'll still take a week to clear but at least it's now showing in our account.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, it'll still take a week to clear but at least it's now showing in our account.
    Cheques don't take a week to clear any more, they are cleared in your account the next working day after depositing.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,159 Forumite
    Options
    Even better, thanks.:)
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback