Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    manda1205 wrote: »
    I'm with Eon. Bloke came and read the meter last week. Yesterday I got an email saying it doesnt match past readings, can I POST them a photograph of the meter so they can verify. They want this by 7th September or they will have to send another person out to read again. This seems ridiculous, why on earth can't I email them a picture? Anyone else had to do this? I can't even put my own reading in online, it says its due by September 16th but theres no where for me to enter a new reading. Just seems crazy they want me to post them a picture, surely everyone emails now?

Hello manda1205 and we'll be happy to accept a photo of the meter by email so we can verify the reading.

There are more details in the FIT FAQs on our website including an email address. It's under 'do you read my FIT meters?'

Hope this helps manda1205.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Coastalwatch
    Options
    Anyone else had issues with BG not receiving their FIT readings lately?
    I submitted ours by following the link on the day it was reqested, 19th Aug, having not received a cheque a month later I emailed to ask of it's where abouts. Received an email in response today asking to submit a fresh reading as the last one they'd received was back in May. Have submitted a fresh reading today and await their response.

I wonder, is their system as robust as it should be!
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Anyone else had issues with BG not receiving their FIT readings lately?
    I submitted ours by following the link on the day it was reqested, 19th Aug, having not received a cheque a month later I emailed to ask of it's where abouts. Received an email in response today asking to submit a fresh reading as the last one they'd received was back in May. Have submitted a fresh reading today and await their response.

I wonder, is their system as robust as it should be!
    A cheque for the re submitted figure arrived today with an added bonus.:T Or is it just the inflationary rise that's now taken into account!:)
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Received an email from my FiT supplier, Good Energy, on Monday.

Interesting story...

Why are customers waiting longer for Feed-in Tariff payments?

I don't really mind waiting for the payments, but is it worth switching to a bigger supplier (g&e currently with Utility Point, and the big six tarrifs are rubbish?)
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    theboylard wrote: »
    I don't really mind waiting for the payments, but is it worth switching to a bigger supplier (g&e currently with Utility Point, and the big six tarrifs are rubbish?)
    I know Bulb isn't exactly a small supplier any more, but it isn't one of the big six and they pay faster than Scottish Power used to (about 9 days vs. about 20).
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fit reading in on the 14th, payment in the bank 4 working days later:D
    Nice one E-ON :T
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Fit reading in on the 14th, payment in the bank 4 working days later:D
    Nice one E-ON :T

Great news legoman62. Glad the cash is in your bank and thanks for posting. :T

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Record Breaking turnaround by EDF for us this quarter.
    FIT meter reading submitted yesterday - Sunday - online.
    Remittance advice email received today at 1pm.
    Hyper efficient of them, and just to underline this, we are not currently an EDF customer for supply of electricity ( or gas ).

Well done EDF.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Record Breaking turnaround by EDF for us this quarter.
    FIT meter reading submitted yesterday - Sunday - online.
    Remittance advice email received today at 1pm.

Yep, you just beat me to posting the same. To be truthful, it will take a few days to hit the bank, but I suspect that EDF are the undisputed champions of FIT.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    orrery wrote: »
    Yep, you just beat me to posting the same. To be truthful, it will take a few days to hit the bank, but I suspect that EDF are the undisputed champions of FIT.

Was pleased to see monies are clearing into my account tomorrow.

When I think back to the early days ( our installation was late 2011 ), when there was quite a wait for payments, it’s really good, and needs recognition, that EDF have proved that there is no justification in making people wait for FIT payments.

Cheers
    Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback