PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Has anyone bought a sewing machine from Cooper sewing machine discount.co.uk?

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Just watched Watchdog on sky+.

What a lying dishonest man "Mr Cooper" comes over as.

He really deserves to go out of business, just for the protection of consumers.

I would add a few other choice words to that description!!

And yes he does deserve to go out of business and I really hope he does.

How differently he spoke to a man than a woman, he is obviously a bully and a coward as well.
  • ashleypride
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I would add a few other choice words to that description!!

Me too. He came across as having issues, inventing names and lying for no reasons.

Disappointed that Watchdog reinforced the misconception that DSR returns need to get back to the sender within 7 days.
  • kermitfrog
    kermitfrog Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    He came across as having issues, inventing names and lying for no reasons.

Also inventing illnesses. Apparently he's been a very sick man for a long time, you know.

But he's a changed man now, all sweetness and light. The confrontation with Matt Allwright was not up to Watchdog's usual standards. No sense of imminent violence this time.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    kermitfrog wrote: »
    Also inventing illnesses. Apparently he's been a very sick man for a long time, you know.

But he's a changed man now, all sweetness and light. The confrontation with Matt Allwright was not up to Watchdog's usual standards. No sense of imminent violence this time.

Yes, I thought they let him off lightly.

Clearly they are not used to his approach of showing such remorse!(Not that I believed one word of it)
  • schrodie
    schrodie Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    Options
    I too was very disappointed in the kid-glove manner in which Matt treated this particularly rebarbative man. Hopefully the [bad] publicity that Watchdog has highlighted will rub off on this company.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    I bought a Silver machine direct from Coopers a couple of years ago after seeing the machine on Ideal World at almost twice the price that was on Coopers website.
    I admit the warranty and the service did help sway me to buy from Coopers.
    The machine came promptly even though I live in the scottish highlands, all the freebies were there and the machine works wonderfully.....so far :o
    I just wanted to add a positive experience with Coopers!
    I haven't had to have any further contact with Coopers though as the machine is still fabulous so I can't really comment on customer service other than what I experienced.
    I was gobsmacked to see them on Watchdog last night. Jay Cooper was not the funny, gentle man I'd seen on Ideal World and I was disgusted to see how treated his customers. I'm kinda worried about having to deal with them in the future now and I'm going to be on tenterhooks every time I use the machine now.

I did wonder if that was the same man.

I have not seen Ideal World for some time, is he still on there?

I would love to know what they think about all this and if he will continue to be on there at all.
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How many people do you think have rung them this week asking for 'Mr Bernard' :-)
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Just watched Watchdog on sky+.

What a lying dishonest man "Mr Cooper" comes over as.

He really deserves to go out of business, just for the protection of consumers.

Caught the end of the show last night - what a horrible man! Can't believe how he can be so universally unpleasant, obnoxious and deceitful and expect that saying Sorry on camera justifies his actions.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    166million wrote: »
    How many people do you think have rung them this week asking for 'Mr Bernard' :-)

:rotfl:

Perhaps we should all have a go!

But then he is probably on holiday, or they are closed for a month, or
    one of a million other lies that he has up his sleeve.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    I have just had a look at their website,

What a joke!!

They make him sound like Mother Theresa!!

There is even a bit about 'competitors' bashing them on forums!!!!!!!

It even lists the many charities they donate to.

Might give Mr. 'Bernard' a ring..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure