Orange Swapables - anyone used yet?

Options

Comments

• Mr_Twitch
    Options
    For those of you that are struggling, to see any Orange swapables, with the exception of Russell Grant Astrology (on Android devices at least), you need to press Menu, then un-check Request desktop site.

This is because the site is designed with mobile devices in mind. As soon as you change the android browser to work in mobile mode and refresh the page, all the Orange swappable should become visible.

Hope this helps some people out ;)
  • helsbels1982
    helsbels1982 Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a sony xperia z and have added the sky sports swappable via my free swappables plan with the panther plan.
    But everytime i click on it to use i.e click on one of the channels all i keep getting is

Web page not available

The web page might be temporary down or it may have moved permanently to a new website

Any ideas on why i cant get any of the channels to work. The phone is compatible etc. I havnt tried any of the other swappables as i dont want to be stuck with swappables that dont work.

• AlbertFlatfoot
    Options
    Don't bother with orange helpers on twitter they told lies and emailed me out of date and irrelevant pdf info. Normal cs can't help either with issues. Anyone upgrading to panther for swappables will be twiddling unless you get through to high level tech support in uk, thou takes hours to convince cs to do so. Once in sat nav is a bit pants if you plan to go in to the country as every time you start the app it needs to connect to verify, bit useless if you realise you need it and you're lost with no signal
  • AlbertFlatfoot
    Options
    Extra tip. On htc 8c the swappables link took me to the android store. In the end I kept trying it and eventually it went to the windows store. No idea how or why but don't lose hope. If you have bad service write a letter of complaint you might even get five pound a month of your service for the two years as i did.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Once in sat nav is a bit pants if you plan to go in to the country as every time you start the app it needs to connect to verify, bit useless if you realise you need it and you're lost with no signal

That's sort of the whole point of the swapables though..the ability to use the apps, without any data coming out of your allowances by doing so. It's my understanding that the satnav app only caches a small amount of map data anyway, and takes a data feed for more info as you're travelling. Again, this would be inline with none of your data usage being eaten up by the usage of the swapable. I of course take your point about not being able to use the app if you have no signal in the first instance.
  • johnkk
    johnkk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I got a new phone on Orange Panther because I fancied the swapables. It's a top of the range Nokia (Lumia 920) with Windows 8 as its OS. When it came to choosing swapables, I was offered only three; on contacting Orange about this, it seems they can only offer swapables which are compatible with you OS -- which, in the case of Windows 8 phones, means astrology, Deezer, and Navigon. Since astrology is the only one of the swapables that is completely and utterly useless, I effectively have no choice.

Would I still have chosen Panther if I had known this? Maybe not. All I can do is hope that some of the other swapables become available for Windows 8 in the next 24 months.
  • Wullie32
    Wullie32 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've recently signed up to a tariff with two free Swapables (Deezer and Sky Sports) but have only been using them on Wifi as I'm worried about data usage, even though they're not supposed to use any - I'm suspicious of how that's monitored, which puts me off, and I've read lots of stories of people having to argue the toss with Orange over what their data has been used for, which I can't be bothered with frankly.

I do want to use it for watching the Ashes at work though (I know the quality's poor but as long as I can get the gist I'm happy enough), so I really want to start using it if I can. However, I've noticed that on the Swapables FAQ section of the Orange website that it no longer says anything about it being independent of your data allowance, which it definitely did a few weeks ago, now it says that "You may need to browse the internet to download or use the Swapables and as a result you may use up some of your data allowance." which suggests that it is going to use data!

Have the T&Cs changed? Or is it just badly worded (but then why change it from the previous "will not use data" assurances?) Can anyone assure me that they use these regularly and that it genuinely doesn't show as using up data?
  • matrus01
    Options
    Wullie32 wrote: »
    I've recently signed up to a tariff with two free Swapables (Deezer and Sky Sports) but have only been using them on Wifi as I'm worried about data usage, even though they're not supposed to use any - I'm suspicious of how that's monitored, which puts me off, and I've read lots of stories of people having to argue the toss with Orange over what their data has been used for, which I can't be bothered with frankly.

I do want to use it for watching the Ashes at work though (I know the quality's poor but as long as I can get the gist I'm happy enough), so I really want to start using it if I can. However, I've noticed that on the Swapables FAQ section of the Orange website that it no longer says anything about it being independent of your data allowance, which it definitely did a few weeks ago, now it says that "You may need to browse the internet to download or use the Swapables and as a result you may use up some of your data allowance." which suggests that it is going to use data!

Have the T&Cs changed? Or is it just badly worded (but then why change it from the previous "will not use data" assurances?) Can anyone assure me that they use these regularly and that it genuinely doesn't show as using up data?

Hello, I have Sky Sports and Deezer as my swappables, but there seems to be a problem with Deezer at the moment in that the data usage does actually come off your allowance. Orange have been good about it in as much as they have refunded my data usage, but I still don't seem to be able to get an answer as to when the problem will be fixed.

Anyone had similar problems?
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    matrus01 wrote: »
    Hello, I have Sky Sports and Deezer as my swappables, but there seems to be a problem with Deezer at the moment in that the data usage does actually come off your allowance. Orange have been good about it in as much as they have refunded my data usage, but I still don't seem to be able to get an answer as to when the problem will be fixed.

Anyone had similar problems?

The issue with Deezer has been ongoing for over a year now - with no sign of a fix any time soon.
    I got sick of being overcharged, then refunded the next month, to the point that I've all but give up using it when out and about. I now downwload the songs I want when I'm at home on wifi - and listen to them offline when I'm away from home.
  • poet
    poet Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

The Orange swapables were a deciding factor to me having a new Apple iPhone 4s contract phone. Trying to set up my swapables was impossible, so I phoned Orange for help. I was told that Apple phones would not accept their swapables package. So, no Sky Sports. I wish I had been told, before signing a new contract, that only certain phones could access these benefits.

A sad sports fan,

Poet :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family