Orange Swapables - anyone used yet?

Options

Comments

• HAS159
    Options
    Hi All

I am glad that I am not the only one having issues.

I cannot even get on to the swappables page.

I have spent hours with them. I am still waiting for a call back from months ago and have raised my second complaint (the first was ignored)

I was getting an error message for ages and this week it has '102' which means I am not registered. I am but when questioned how I am meant to register when I cannot even get to the page it was not answered.

I was told to just keep trying. This is from the L2 tech advisor who told me she did not know what swappables were. I also argued with her that you can only access swappables through your phone.

Great service as usual Orange.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am accessing through 3G, not wifi.
  • phillyrob
    Options
    HAS159, how are you getting to the swappables page? You need to go in through OrangeWorld for it to 'work'.

I have emailed Orange twice about the poor quality and spoken to 'technical experts' about the issues. The picture quality is appalling and they shouldnt really be advertising it as a service when it is completely unwatchable. I can watch BBC Iplayer, TVCatchup.com etc in perfect picture quality without any dropout/artifacts/freezing/blockiness issues even in High Quality mode but every channel on orange TV seems to be streamed at seriously low quality and at such a low speed that it freezes constantly.

The first expert I spoke to said it is a problem with the Sky servers and it will be fixed by the weekend... It wasnt... The second person I spoke to 3 weeks later didnt have a clue what I was on about and put me through to the head of her technical department who I then spent an hour and a half on the phone to!! He said the poor quality was a known issue 'in my area' but he would be able to sort it... he didnt... put me on hold about 10 times to ask 'Diane' various things and then said he'd ring me back on Monday (4 weeks ago)... he didnt...

The Sky Sports Orange Swappables sucks - I've given up trying to watch any football matches on it now and to save the stress and hassle I just listen to the commentary on TalkSport instead!! :(
  • phillyrob
    Options
    What issue does this have? Watching the Sky Sports TV Swapable plugged into my TV is one of the main reasons I'm thinking of getting Orange Panther... Does it not work?

Thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAA!!!!! Think again!!!
  • canarianfrank
    Options
    For those interested I've tracked down a Swappables compatibility list dating back to Oct 2011:

studio.orange.co.uk/swapables/files/SwapablesPhones-20120110-V7%20.pdf

Copy and paste into your browser for a pdf list.
  • poggs
    poggs Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just got an nice new orange panther conract and having real problems with the swapbles thing. I selected sky sports and it takes me to a page that says I have to pay 4.99 or 8.99 for tv (no sky sports there) On phoning oragne they say that swapables are not compatible with iphones. eh?????

useless shower!
  • MJC_UK
    Options
    poggs wrote: »
    I've just got an nice new orange panther conract and having real problems with the swapbles thing. I selected sky sports and it takes me to a page that says I have to pay 4.99 or 8.99 for tv (no sky sports there) On phoning oragne they say that swapables are not compatible with iphones. eh?????

useless shower!

Awesome, I've just spent that last hour going around in circles trying to get these on my iPhone. It says on "Your Account" that I can however pick them, so I go around in the loop of doom constantly receiving texts from Orange to activate the service.

I was really looking forward to using Deezer - I have the app installed, so how can they say it's not compatible?

Rather annoying that Orange use iPhone app icons to display the services available as well!
  • Techno_DoDo
    Options
    Hi,

To anybody who is thinking of signing up for Panther to get the Sky Sports swapable, DON'T.

The service is unwatchable on 3G and WiFi. Heavy pixellation and cuts out or stops at those crucial moments. No problems when the adverts are on though!

Catchup TV works fine on WiFi, so no excuse there.

Calling Orange customer service is like being the bad half of a comedy duo. They are a mind melting combination of calm politeness and ignorant obduracy. 15 minutes was all I could take before admitting defeat, Daleks or Cybermen would rule the planet if they teamed up with these guys.

As Swapables are part of Oranges Panther offering, like the included minutes and free texts, do Orange have a contractual obligation to provide an adequate service or do all the obligations rest with the suckers who sign up for a service for 2 years? Did this not used to be called a bait and switch?

I guess you have got the gist of my whinge. Is anybody in the same situation or have any ideas how to proceed?

regards
    Steve
  • del69
    Options
    Have been onto orange for days now, each time given a different answer. The problem is that orangeworld still sees me as a dolphin customer, i just changed on best plan to panther, and the site wont allow me to pick my swapables. Was charged for orange tv but got credited the charge on my next bill and got to keep the tv for a month, some channels are better than others and some will not start at all, maybe best avoided. They are still giving me different reasons why I cant choose, and have suggested this time that I wait for 24 hours as there is a problem with the site....really? you think?! Wow, it seems that someone has really dropped the ball on this one, as I have read very few positive comments. Anyone had similar, or had problem resolved?
  • xmcd
    xmcd Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I agree this is completely ridiculous. I don't know what kind of contractual obligation they have but they did emphasise it as a major feature and make it a key selling point when I upgraded to my Galaxy SII, however, I have nothing in writing. Of the numerous times I've tried to watch Sky Sports I've only managed it once (on that occasion the quality was acceptable).
  • Suarez
    Suarez Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jazzyjeff

Our Sky Sports Swapable can be used over 3G or Wi-fi and you would not be charged for any data used by this service. There is no fixed limit to how much you can use, however, customers using an excessive amount may have their download speeds temporarily reduced. This only applies when in the UK, any usage when abroad would be charged at the normal roaming rates.

Tibmonkey and Defcon1, I'm sorry to hear of the problems you experienced when you called Customer Services about our Swapables. I'd be happy to see if I can get to the bottom of any queries you have.

We're unable to receive private messages on here, however, if you visit our Facebook page via the link on our MSE profile, you can send us a private message through there if you'd like.

I hope this helps!

^Darren_OrangeHelpers

I was told the total opposite when I phoned orange. I watched half a football match - checked my usage and it had used 250mb of data.

I phoned orange to tell them and they said that it comes out of my data allowance so the swapables are a bit of a farce as they advertise them as FREE when they clearly aren't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure