robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its ok got it working now
    What goes around-comes around
  • gaz_d_2
    gaz_d_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    as long as I have reasonable 3g I can watch sky sports ok on my samsung note.
    I'm yet to try it on wifi:j
  • risenair
    risenair Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    i was rather excited by this as i didnt know anything about it until i received a text from orange! and i get orange wednesdays now.

i got the sky sports package, and it just takes you to a webpage with all the sky sports channels, and the news one plus espn. The quality is rather poor, but is what you'd expect from a live stream, though if you're at home you can easily stream it on the computer at much better quality.

similar for their f1 swapable, but its what you;d expect really. i heard you can change after 30 days, which is nice. ill give something else a go, perhaps deezer and that feed thing, which looks interesting
  • AlmightyO
    Options
    Hi

Anyone know if the Sky Sports swappable is avaliable on my Nokia Lumia 800, been advised by Orange that it is and it also it is not. Having a discussion with Customer Support in regards to this as it was one of the reasons i picked the phone.

Thanks
  • jimmyej
    Options
    I can verify that the bad video connection is a problem with the orange swappable and not the phones. After verification orange send a RTSP link which I sent to my laptop to test (using [ play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jafiki.streamshare"]StreamShare[/]). The quality was very poor and kept cutting out, even in VLC player. I don't mind the quality as much as it cutting out and taking ages to resume. They should have a 'non-crap-quality' option even if this uses 3G data or needs WiFi.

@AlmightyO
    If you can find a windows-phone-app that lets you set the user-agent, you might get it to work even if the phone isn't officially supported. The process for android is described here:[ mobilereviewsite.co.uk/how-to-get-orange-swapables-like-sky-sports-on-galaxy-nexus/"]mobilereviewsite.co.uk/how-to-get-orange-swapables-like-sky-sports-on-galaxy-nexus/[/] (via [ forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18341227&page=2"]forums.overclockers.co.uk[/])
  • kunalp
    Options
    Hi guys,

I know you cannot get swappables on a tailored iPhone tariff. I have an iPhone 4S but was hoping to change to a Panther contract and have a micro sim ordered.

Could I then use any swappables, or is it completely incompatible with iPhone? I'm not sure how you go about downloading and using swappables, could someone please describe the download process and where to download from? I ask because you can only download apps from the App Store for iPhones and that might be the stumbling block for swappables.

Thanks in advance!
  • campbellfisher
    Options
    New 24 month contract on panther with the htc one x with 2 swapables .:j

Numerous number sending to orange for the swapables page nothing
    1 1/2 hours in the shop that provided the phone trying to sort the problem guess what ? Nothing :mad:

Surely if they don't fix the problem they are not keeping up their side of the contract??
    :mad:
  • j1mgg
    j1mgg Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    Exact same issue with my htc one x and orange have so far been useless. Seems to be it is because my phone is unbranded. It has never worked and the reason I took the upgrade and never changed network.

Girl tonight says it could be 4 - 6 weeks away from being fixed.
  • rekim
    rekim Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I upgraded last week, the swappables only become active when your next billing period starts as you'll still be on the old plan. Once that happens you'll get a service update txt.

They really need to make it clearer when the service isn't active yet. I was unsure until I got a service txt and re checked to see new add this buttons on the swappables page. Before they're active there's nothing to tell you
    t's not set up. They should grey out the add buttons instead of removing them.

The music service is working great on my one x. Trying to decide on the second one. Has anyone tried games or books? It's annoying they can't show you this months selection before you confirm.
  • rekim
    rekim Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I just tried the games package on my HTC one x. The selection was dire compared to the standard android play store. They all felt like games for much older phones.
    It took me ages to choose 2, they both installed but neither of them worked, bombing out before the menu came up.
    Rang up and got them to remove the package, won't be using that again.

Might try the books now.

I wish they did another paper instead of the Murdoc gumf, guess it's part of the sky deal they have...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure