PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi PBR - good on you for giing up chocolate. I gave it up for a year once and I can tell you it was NOT fun. And of course the amount I ate on day 366 made up for all I had skipped before!

Will probably not bring any of LOs clothes then unless I have luggage space going begging. I'm hoping to be able to sell my breast pump though so will bring that.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Mouche! Ah, you spoke too soon! I caved! It was my first mother's day today and DS bought me some chocolate. I had totally forgotten about having given it up for Lent until I went outside to put the packaging in the bin! :eek: I suppose I should tack on a few more days after Easter as punishment!
    !

Hi PBR can I let you in on a little secret??? *looks around to check no one is looking* Lent is 40 days long to signify the time Jesus spent being tempted in the desert, but the time from ash Wednesday (1st day of lent) until easter Sunday is actually 44 days. That's the 40 days of Lent and the 4 Sunday's, as Sunday's do not actually count towards Lent. So you didn't actually cheat as today is Sunday and therefore doesn't count!

The money you spend visiting your sister sounds like money well spent if you feel a lot better for it. I used to regularly drive 4 hours to see my mum if I'd had a bad week after DD was born.

You mentioned opening an etsy shop. I used to have one a couple of years ago. What kind of things do you make?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • mouche
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    You mentioned opening an etsy shop. I used to have one a couple of years ago. What kind of things do you make?

I'd be interested to know that too PBR - I do cross stitch but my research shows it doesn't sell very well. I'm thinking of teaming up with my mum - who is a star knitter - to sell baby woollies though. Would be great to know your experience if it and yours too starnac.

Trip to your sis seems to have been just what you needed and I think you should file it under 'essential spends'. Am glad you're feeling so much better. And though I am not Christian, I love starnac's explanation of Lent and think you should forget all guilt for your mother's day chocolate!
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    This is and isn't very moneysaving, but as I have no car, I've just had our online shopping delivered from Waitrose online. If you order more than £50 (not hard when you put nappies into the basket), delivery is free, and as it was our first order today, we got a free recipe card showing you how to make lemon tart. The best bit is that they threw in all of the ingredients; lemons, sugar, eggs and pastry in for free! I am now inspired!!

I know Waitrose is a bit pricey, but the standard of service was great and it's nice to be given a golden opportunity to make lemon tart!

In other MSE news, I FINALLY listed those tiles on ebay. Let's hope someone with muscle will come and collect them! I've also ordered part of DH's anniversary present with nectar points that I traded in for an amazon certificate.
    Overpay!
  • mouche
    Options
    Oh that's brilliant PBR - wish I was in the UK so I could do the same with Waitrose. I love lemon tart - do make it and let us know how it turns out.

I think it might be worth listing your vintage stuff on etsy and ebay as well. I think things go for higher prices on etsy as it only gets serious buyers if you know what I mean?
  • starnac
    Options
    Hope you have a good weekend PBR

Good luck on the etsy selling. Maybe they should come more often if it encourages decluttering x
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • mouche
    Options
    hope the visit is going well PBR - otherwise maybe you can 'forget' to put a diaper on LO and hand him over for a cuddle. :D

I get back early May - my husband told me today I'll be back in 34 days. I guess that means he must be missing me a little bit after all!
  • starnac
    Options
    34 days will fly by mouche. Are you ready to come back?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    Hope you have a good weekend PBR

Good luck on the etsy selling. Maybe they should come more often if it encourages decluttering x

Hahaha! Yes you're right! Not only did I have a good clear out, but I also managed to send them home with a car load of goodies - cakes, jam, furniture and baby equipment!
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    mouche wrote: »
    hope the visit is going well PBR - otherwise maybe you can 'forget' to put a diaper on LO and hand him over for a cuddle. :D

I get back early May - my husband told me today I'll be back in 34 days. I guess that means he must be missing me a little bit after all!

That's a great idea! They weren't too bad this time actually, but there was the odd comment here and there which I chose to ignore!

That's sweet that your DH is counting down. Thirty-four days (now 32?) is no time at all when you have a new baby! I am sure he does miss you both! I wonder how the MOuchebaby will take to life in the UK after being spoilt by your family?
    Overpay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport