PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe it's Lent already! After spreading lots of chocolate on my pancakes yesterday, I've decided to give up the brown stuff for Lent which should save us some pennies for the next 40 days!

Despite income dropping right down, our outgoings are minimal since neither of us has time to go out! DH and I have been eating a lot of porridge and other store cupboard items. The declutter also continues in the other rooms and we're gradually selling everything we don't need. This is taking ages though, as I can't list more than two items a day on eB4y without getting thoroughly bored!

Being off work as also given me the time to sit down and see how many loyalty points I've got. My B00ts card had reached nearly £40, so I've bought cotton wool and other baby items while the points on my nectar card have bought me a pile of DVDs to watch during those moments when I'm pinned to the sofa breastfeeding. And I wonder why I am always decluttering.....

Happy Lent everyone - what, if anything, have you given up?
    Overpay!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Lent to you too. I had an awful time deciding what to give up this year. I usually give up whatever I've been eating too much of but as I'm trying to lose a bit of weight I haven't been eating too much of anything and Lent is supposed to be a challenge so in the end I decided I would give up .........(drum roll) ..........wearing jeans :eek: I live in my jeans so this will be a real challenge for me. I really hope I can last til Easter.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • starnac
    Options
    I can't list more than two items a day on eB4y without getting thoroughly bored!

I feel exactly the same way :o
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    Happy Lent to you too. I had an awful time deciding what to give up this year. I usually give up whatever I've been eating too much of but as I'm trying to lose a bit of weight I haven't been eating too much of anything and Lent is supposed to be a challenge so in the end I decided I would give up .........(drum roll) ..........wearing jeans :eek: I live in my jeans so this will be a real challenge for me. I really hope I can last til Easter.

Hahaha, that is a brilliant idea! I did that for nine months while I was pregnant! I can just about get into them and do them up as long as I don't breathe while I'm in them!

No chocolate has passed my lips since Wednesday (what? It's only Saturday today?!) However, I did have a massive caramel eclair yesterday, so I am hardly doing well or likely to lose weight.

On the MSE front, I have done my first ever online shop as there was free delivery and £10 off. I somehow managed to scrap together a £500 OP (as I've said, our bank only lets you pay a minimum overpayment of £500 - after all, it's not in their INTEREST (haha!) to let you overpay).

I've also sold some baby clothes that miniPBR has already grown out of as well as some of my clothes that I'd forgotten I had. If I didn't know I had them, then I won't miss them. It seems to be a free listing weekend on eBay, so it's meant to be!

It's lovely outside - will take DS for a walk! That's top :money:
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    I somehow managed to scrap together a £500 OP (as I've said, our bank only lets you pay a minimum overpayment of £500 - after all, it's not in their INTEREST (haha!) to let you overpay).

"Scrape", not "scrap"!
    Overpay!
  • starnac
    Options
    "Scrape", not "scrap"!

:rotfl::rotfl: i wonder what you scrapped for £500???

I live in my jeans! Even when I was pregnant I looked everywhere til I found a maternity pair that I liked. My jeans have also been my marker of weight loss. I am a bit :eek: as to how I am going to manage without them for 40 whole days. I am lucky in the sense that I can even wear them to work so Sunday's were about the only day I didn't wear jeans as I like to wear something a bit smarter for church.

Well done for managing another overpayment. you are doing well especially as you are on mat pay. Keep up the good work
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl: i wonder what you scrapped for £500???

I live in my jeans! Even when I was pregnant I looked everywhere til I found a maternity pair that I liked. My jeans have also been my marker of weight loss. I am a bit :eek: as to how I am going to manage without them for 40 whole days. I am lucky in the sense that I can even wear them to work so Sunday's were about the only day I didn't wear jeans as I like to wear something a bit smarter for church.

Well done for managing another overpayment. you are doing well especially as you are on mat pay. Keep up the good work

HI Starnac!
    I was thinking about you this morning - I took DS for a long walk that coincided with CHurch emptying out and wondered if you managed to stick to your no-jeans Lent?

I still haven't had any chocolate, but did have ANOTHER sticky bun. That, and a bag of apples, was my only spend today, so not too bad, but could do better.

I'm fervently listing on eBay and after putting "scrapping" instead of "scraping", I thought I should check that my baby brain isn't manifesting itself elsewhere. It had. I had managed to spell "Ireland" wrongly in my listing for an Ireland flag - and I'd spelt St Patrick's Day incorrectly. I think I need some sleep.....
    Overpay!
  • Weronika
    Options
    I'm fervently listing on eBay and after putting "scrapping" instead of "scraping", I thought I should check that my baby brain isn't manifesting itself elsewhere. It had. I had managed to spell "Ireland" wrongly in my listing for an Ireland flag - and I'd spelt St Patrick's Day incorrectly. I think I need some sleep.....

Sleep?! with a new baby?:rotfl:
    My son has slept his first full night (7:30pm to 5:30am) when he was nearly 1 yr old.
    I was so envious of my friends who claimed their babies slept the night since 3 month old until they admitted they count the night slept through if baby was quiet for at least 5hrs:D

Congrats on all your ebaying - where do you take your energy from?? My son is 2yr old this saturday and I still got bags and bags and bags of his baby clothes :eek:

No point selling it now though - just in case my lovely girl I'm expecting next month 'grows some':rotfl::rotfl:
    Debt: [STRIKE]-£77.299 74,209[/STRIKE]-£72,860 Projected MF date(age):[STRIKE]2044(63)[/STRIKE] 2029(48)
    Credit Card 0%: -£1,800 Reg Saver: £4000/£6000 ISA: £0/£2500

From March 2012: Mortgage OP: £160 pcm
    (saving 29k):D
    Apr 2013 Goal: reduce balance to £72,000 to get 60%LTV & better deal
  • starnac
    Options
    my DD is 4 and only now are we getting rid of her baby clothes!

so far so good on my no jeans lent but I am going out saturday night and was going to wear my going out jeans ah well skirt it is then

DS sleeps through for us and has done since about 6 weeks old. we count a sleep through from 10.30pm - 7/8am. it's a bit late putting him to bed but it means not having to get up in the middle of the night so swings and roundabouts i suppose
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No chocolate has passed my lips since Wednesday (what? It's only Saturday today?!) However, I did have a massive caramel eclair yesterday, so I am hardly doing well or likely to lose weight.

I'm sure that the cream in the eclair counts as part of your calcium intake which you need if you're breastfeeding? right? :rotfl:
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure