PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    DS has been ill today, which is hard. I don't mind looking after him, but I find it hard in the sense that he's so little and I hate to see him suffer.

It does mean that I haven't spent any money today (I won't count transferring his child benefit from my account to his) and I've been reacquainting myself with "How I lived a year on just a pound a day" by Kath Kelly. I'd forgotten how useful this book is - worth dipping into now and then to inspire you not to spend money!

I've also made some banana muffins as our fruit bowl was looking a bit worse for wear!

Hope you're all having a good day - what beautiful weather!
    Overpay!
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear little PBR isn't well. It's so hard when they are so little and they're ill. All they can do is cry and there isn't a lot we can do for them is there? My LO is very colicky and it's so hard to see him suffer. We're trying a different formula now and the doc has given us an anti-colic prescription so hopefully he will do better. How is your LO now PBR? I hope he isn't too ill.

Yes, 34 days isn't long at all and my sis and her kids are coming to visit us in 2 weeks so it will go even faster. I love being home with my mum and dad but I want to go back to 'my' home now.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    mouche wrote: »
    So sorry to hear little PBR isn't well. It's so hard when they are so little and they're ill. All they can do is cry and there isn't a lot we can do for them is there? My LO is very colicky and it's so hard to see him suffer. We're trying a different formula now and the doc has given us an anti-colic prescription so hopefully he will do better. How is your LO now PBR? I hope he isn't too ill.

Yes, 34 days isn't long at all and my sis and her kids are coming to visit us in 2 weeks so it will go even faster. I love being home with my mum and dad but I want to go back to 'my' home now.

Thanks Mouche
    He's a lot better today, but still not his usual cheerful self. He'll be fine though, poor little thing. I am BFing DS but was interested that your LO's colic has been reduced by changing the formula.

Hope you have fun with your sister - lovely that all the little cousins are meeting up. I've just read your work news on your diary - what a pain. I hope it sorts itself out. However, you never know, not going back to work might be what you feel like by then! Take care xx
    Overpay!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope baby PBR is feeling better soon. It's so hard when they are not well
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words about DS. Touch wood etc, he seems a lot better! So lovely to see him smiling once again!

The word on the MSE street today is STAMPS! I am going to buy as many as I can afford before the price goes up. (Then, most likely, I am going to put them somewhere safe so they I cannot find them when I need them.)

Other things to do today:

Hoovering and washing.

Post eBay parcels (except the one who looks suspiciously like a non-payer - worst feedback I've ever seen!)

Shopping at Lidl.

Arranging pick up for some heavy items I listed on FB selling page.

SLEEP!
    Overpay!
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Seeing your comments about Waitrose online - have you ever used Ocado? If you haven't there are always decent codes for 1st shops & they price match Tesco on lots of branded items. I often get late night deliveries which are free too if you spend a certain amount (pre voucher). They send regular emails with codes and I've had ones like £15 off a £60 shop before. I use them every couple of months probably (when they send me good codes!). If you need to do another online shop worth investigating.
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Yorkielass wrote: »
    Seeing your comments about Waitrose online - have you ever used Ocado? If you haven't there are always decent codes for 1st shops & they price match Tesco on lots of branded items. I often get late night deliveries which are free too if you spend a certain amount (pre voucher). They send regular emails with codes and I've had ones like £15 off a £60 shop before. I use them every couple of months probably (when they send me good codes!). If you need to do another online shop worth investigating.

Hi Yorkielass - thanks for stopping by! I think we've met briefly on the great declutter thread!

I actually ended up using Ocado before I saw your post! They were great (except that they delivered the shopping to next door, but hey ho). I used the code for a first shop which made it worthwhile, but am interested that they send codes as I've never seen any for subsequent purchases. WIll keep an eye out - many thanks for the tip.
    Overpay!
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    Options
    hi PBR...hope you had a great easter. noticed you mentioned selling heavy items on the FB selling page - what's that? I rarely use FB and have no idea of it's new-fangled features!
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    mouche wrote: »
    hi PBR...hope you had a great easter. noticed you mentioned selling heavy items on the FB selling page - what's that? I rarely use FB and have no idea of it's new-fangled features!

Hi Mouche!
    If you type in the name of your town and "selling" eg "York selling" it should come up with a local selling page. Ours was good and I sold lots of items. However, lately everyone and his wife has joined and there are so many items listed that some items can get lost in the shuffle! It's always worth a try though - what kind of thing are you selling?

I'm now back with eBay - thanks to Martin's tool to find local items for pick-up here: I'm currently selling a bed and a bookcase which have more than 20 watchers apiece!http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/local-ebay-deals/

Hope you had a good Easter too! Is it bad that I am still eating chocolate? I guess I'll have to replace DS' eggs when he's old enough! I certainly made up for all the chocolate I didn't eat over Lent!

Are you back soon?
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    DS and I have been meeting up with a group of mums recently in Costa which "costs" around £20 a time for all of us. Today, one of the staff members passed a hot cup of coffee over DS' head, which prompted me to suggest that we meet at my house next time. I find it hard to pay £3 a time for a cup of coffee, but the social aspect has been worth it.

I was a bit surprised, but pleased that some of the other mums agreed that the money saving aspect was important. So all I have to do now is provide cake. It's a real incentive to keep the house tidy too!
    Overpay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport