PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We used to do this when DD was little. We found the staff so helpful there. They would "forget" to clear the tables near the comfy chairs on days they knew we were coming so that no one else would sit there. I BF DD so easily there and the staff even stuck up for me when some "lovely" person complained!

Couldn't afford to do it now though. :)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    We used to do this when DD was little. We found the staff so helpful there. They would "forget" to clear the tables near the comfy chairs on days they knew we were coming so that no one else would sit there. I BF DD so easily there and the staff even stuck up for me when some "lovely" person complained!

Couldn't afford to do it now though. :)

Hi Starnac - a belated happy birthday to you :beer:
    Right, I have about 30 parcels from fleabag sales that I somehow have to carry to the post office. DS is coming with me but hasn't offered to help :rotfl:

Our house is almost looking presentable now and if I keep selling all our possessions, an OP should be possible in the next week or so!

Have a great week everyone!
    Overpay!
  • Weronika
    Weronika Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options

Our house is almost looking presentable now and if I keep selling all our possessions, an OP should be possible in the next week or so!

Have a great week everyone!

Good progress! :T

Everybody here seems to be so organised and selling things they no longer need...

Ugh, I keep reading about it and getting those lovely emails about free listing days and YET I still can't seem to get started on selling. I never got a problem with buying though...strange:p
    Debt: [STRIKE]-£77.299 74,209[/STRIKE]-£72,860 Projected MF date(age):[STRIKE]2044(63)[/STRIKE] 2029(48)
    Credit Card 0%: -£1,800 Reg Saver: £4000/£6000 ISA: £0/£2500

From March 2012: Mortgage OP: £160 pcm
    (saving 29k):D
    Apr 2013 Goal: reduce balance to £72,000 to get 60%LTV & better deal
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Weronika wrote: »
    Good progress! :T

Everybody here seems to be so organised and selling things they no longer need...

Ugh, I keep reading about it and getting those lovely emails about free listing days and YET I still can't seem to get started on selling. I never got a problem with buying though...strange:p

Hi Weronika!
    Hope you're well! How is it going with your little one? Congratulations again! Hope you're enjoying these early days!

I think you can cut yourself a little bit of slack with the selling at the moment; in fact, you're doing well to have time to post on MSE! You'll notice that I said that I'd sold some things....I didn't draw attention to the fact that I've bought a couple of things as well :rotfl:

I bought a couple of DVDs as I didn't withdraw my payp4l money fast enough! I guess I can always relist them once I've watched them. Moral of the story: transfer the money out when it comes in so you can't spend it :)
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    I've just had my online shopping delivered which is great. I love it as the delivery drivers are fantastic and so helpful. However, I have paid the price for shopping in a hurry while DS was napping- everything is tiny. I am not very au fait with how much items weigh so I just bought the first item that appeared in my list. I have bought a tiny jar of marmite, a tiny bag of flour, a tiny....you get the picture. Once it was all unpacked in the kitchen, I looked a bit like Gulliver...

In other MSE news, I wonder if anyone could help with an eBay query. Where is the button that you press to stop people with no intention of paying from bidding on your items? :rotfl:I have six items that ended last week which still haven't been paid for! I'm impatient to get them posted before the price of postage goes up!
    Overpay!
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've just had my online shopping delivered which is great. I love it as the delivery drivers are fantastic and so helpful. However, I have paid the price for shopping in a hurry while DS was napping- everything is tiny. I am not very au fait with how much items weigh so I just bought the first item that appeared in my list. I have bought a tiny jar of marmite, a tiny bag of flour, a tiny....you get the picture. Once it was all unpacked in the kitchen, I looked a bit like Gulliver...

In other MSE news, I wonder if anyone could help with an eBay query. Where is the button that you press to stop people with no intention of paying from bidding on your items? :rotfl:I have six items that ended last week which still haven't been paid for! I'm impatient to get them posted before the price of postage goes up!

You will need to raise a none paying bidder complaint. Think you have to wait 7 days before you can do it which is annoying.

Ebay is getting more and more in favour of buyers. We cant even leave negative feedback for none payers now!
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • starnac
    Options
    PBR I did the opposite on my first online shop. We had a MASSIVE tub of flora, a HUGE block of cheese and a jar of mayo to last a year!

Hope you get eBay sorted. I hate that tbh. I had one bidder who bid on my item in the last 5 mins of the auction and still take 4 days to pay. Have you sent them a friendly reminder to pay? Might be worth doing if you haven't already
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Weronika
    Weronika Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Weronika!
    Hope you're well! How is it going with your little one? Congratulations again! Hope you're enjoying these early days!

I think you can cut yourself a little bit of slack with the selling at the moment; in fact, you're doing well to have time to post on MSE! You'll notice that I said that I'd sold some things....I didn't draw attention to the fact that I've bought a couple of things as well :rotfl:

I only got time to do it, because my mum is taking care of my toddler:D But she is flying back home tomorrow, so you won't see me again for some time, as I will be most likely hiding in the bathroom and re-thinking the idea of having 2 kids:p
    Debt: [STRIKE]-£77.299 74,209[/STRIKE]-£72,860 Projected MF date(age):[STRIKE]2044(63)[/STRIKE] 2029(48)
    Credit Card 0%: -£1,800 Reg Saver: £4000/£6000 ISA: £0/£2500

From March 2012: Mortgage OP: £160 pcm
    (saving 29k):D
    Apr 2013 Goal: reduce balance to £72,000 to get 60%LTV & better deal
  • starnac
    Options
    One down more to go! Hopefully they'll pay tomorrow.

Once DH was making a massive batch of salsa so I ordered the tomatoes for it. The delivery guy said "I think you've made a mistake with your tomatoes love so just take what you want and I'll make sure you're refunded the rest" his face was a picture when i took the whole box saying "nope, no mistake!" nice guy to offer to refund "my mistake" though. I would have been tempted to say "tough you ordered them!"
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • starnac
    Options
    Weronika wrote: »
    I only got time to do it, because my mum is taking care of my toddler:D But she is flying back home tomorrow, so you won't see me again for some time, as I will be most likely hiding in the bathroom and re-thinking the idea of having 2 kids:p

See you in there :p
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts