PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I felt I should post to show you have lurkers! always best to whine online I think and get it out of your system than make friends/family suffer:D

QUOTE]

Argh, just replied and DS hit the laptop and lost everything! :D

I think the gist of it was that my friends would be surprised at how down I was and it's good to get it out of my system. Thanks for reading. :A

Other MSE news: I've donated a couple of mobiles for charity and have packed up a bag for the charity shop (decluttering makes it easier to find stuff and is therefore :money:)

I'm also hoping for a break in this horrible weather so I can sell everything else at a boot sale this weekend. Or an indoor boot sale in my area!
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    I don't envy you PBR going without the pushchair. My DS weighs a ton and I would struggle to carry him very far. Saying that I walk a lot or get the bus so the pushchair is a must for me. I do sometimes think about selling it as its a 3in1 travel system and getting a cheap stroller type instead

Oooh, a three-in-one - I wish I could afford one! The one I've listed is a stroller which is great for nipping into town. I don't use the car very often, but it folds up very small to go nicely into the boot.

DS and I have got by with just a baby sling carrier for the moment and I totally agree about carrying a heavy baby! My back and arms are not thanking me!

In other MSE news, I've also listed some gig tickets for Friday night and have had no interest at all. Time is ticking by - is there something good on TV that night that is in competition for my tickets?!
    Overpay!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh, a three-in-one - I wish I could afford one!!

Ours is 4years old! :o my parents bought it when I had DD :D
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi pbr...I'm lurking too and I think you are doing really well. Going back to work will make a big difference too.

I've been doing ok but haven't had much time to update my diary. My LO has turned out to be the most energetic, active baby I (or my mum) has ever seen and he wears me out. He is not sleeping through either which is sending shivers down my spine as I am planning to return to work early - in September rather than January.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh PBR it's such a relief that another mum has paid for someone to play with their baby! I had someone in for a couple of hours when I was ill one day and OH couldn't get the day off. One of the main reasons I'm going back to work early is because I think LO needs more excitement than I can provide! Financially we could have coped till January but like you, we can't manage on one salary. My parents are here till early October so I'm coping with lots of mum's help but I know I won't be able to keep him entertained all day on my own - he doesn't sit still for a moment! So I've found a good childminder and he's starting with her in September.

My work situation isn't clear yet as I'm not keen on going back to my old job. Still, I have asked for flexible working due to the office move so lets see what they say. I've also had an interview for a really interesting job so fingers crossed I get it. The commute for that will be just over an hour - far better than what it would be for my old one.

Are you going back full time to your old job? Have you sorted out childcare?
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • BaconandEggs
    Options
    Hi PBR - just caught up with your diary. Really good diary it is too, I must say.

I can empathise with alot of what you've written - particularly your comments about being "stuck in the middle" in terms of missing out on help and just missing the train in relation to tax credits etc. I can also relate to what you said about housing costs and timing. It's frustrating really - when it essentially comes down to when you're born; although I took a couple of years out from the usual path taken by most of my peers - so that sometimes plays on my mind.

I read your new parent money saving tips with interest, as we have our first one on the way.

I will be checking back soon!
  • Mortgagefreeby50
    Options
    Hello,
    I've spent today reading your diary from the beginning and I really enjoyed it! I have just had a little girl, so it was interesting to see the progress of your DS as the weeks went by!
    Please don't think no-one is reading, you can tell by the large number of views that there are loads of lurkers here, and occasionally someone will come out of lurk-dom and start their own diary as a result of being inspired by someone.
    Slow progress is better than no progress.
  • Mortgagefreeby50
    Options
    Hello PBR,

My diary is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3646121&highlight=

I'm hoping you can offer some comfort that 3 hourly feeds won't last forever?
    Slow progress is better than no progress.
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Hello PBR,

My diary is here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3646121&highlight=

I'm hoping you can offer some comfort that 3 hourly feeds won't last forever?

I'm going to make a cup of tea after work and read through that! It looks like we're in almost the same boat age and mortgage wise. I'm afraid that I can't offer you any wisdom at all about babies. Mine is a law unto himself and I am the worst person to give advice on parenting!

But no, there is an end in sight, but I actually miss that phase! I know this is strange but the constant feeding was quite enjoyable, as he and I had some quality time together and I could admire his little face. You'll miss this time when your little one just bites you when she's feeding! Ouch!
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Just had a quick wander into town at lunchtime to do a couple of naughty things:

1. Buy beer.

2. Take back some shoes to a certain department store. Bought for me as a present, but have nowhere to wear them. Got store credit and bought some baby trousers with it.

3. I went through DH's receipts and went into Sainsburys and then asked them to put the points on my card which they did. Then when I bought the item (can't bring myself to type it again) listed as point 1, I put it in my handbag and asked if I could have a "green" point for not taking a plastic bag.

ASSistant: "No.

Me: "Oh ok, why's that?"

SHe: "Because you didn't reuse a bag, you used your own handbag".

Me: "That's because I'm on my bike and can sling this bag over my shoulder"

"No. It doesn't count."

"Even though I have kept a bright orange plastic bag out of landfill?"

"NEXT!"

I'll survive. But the moral of the story is that points don't mean prizes.
    Overpay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport