Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• jasperconran
    Options
    wow love this thread! im gonna subscribe cos Ive got so much decluttering to do around this house, I bet ive got loads of stuff to sell!

DD has got loads of toys/puzzles she doesnt use anymore and clothes, but, I never would have thought of broken electrical stuff or perfume bottles either! great, great ideas.:T

Thanks to all so far for their ideas and advice, gonna get ebaying!

:D
    LBM: April 2009 - honest debt figure: Secured: £0.00!! (paid back april 2017) unsecured: £53117.48 (roughly):eek: back with CCCS starting again:(
  • Doubledrop
    Options
    After spending most of the day reading this thread I have had a look around for stuff I don't use and have been amazed at the price I could fetch for some things.

One book I have is selling for £149.00 new on amazon!!! The book I have is in perfect condition.

I also have an old Dolmetsch Recorder that goes for silly money on Ebay.

I need to raise £700 for a camera, I think I may well be on my way!!!
  • geeka
    geeka Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    ive got a 80 gb ipod that just needs a new screw inside, might flog that, wonder what i'd get for it!
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • stubruscooby
    Options
    i really wish i had the time and mind set for ebay

i have TONS of comic books most of them limited edition variant and signed aswell as one of sketches from well known artists..bust and statues...the only problem is its so so so much i wouldnt know where to start

plus if it dosent sell..dont you have to pay the sellers fee anyway?
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh great thread - just working my way through it! I have loads of slightly used bottles of perfume and my daughter has some only used once will give that a go.

I might also put some of my sons Simpsons paraphernalia on as he won't take it to his flat!
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,582 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought a blue dress on Ebay and made an apron & put a bow on a cheap allice band to dress up as Alice a few years ago. Was going to stick it on Ebay before Christmas (panto season) but forgot. Just listed it and it sold for £19! Cost be less than £8 to make and it was just cluttering up the loft.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• mum2kathryn
    Options
    TallGirl wrote: »
    I bought a blue dress on Ebay and made an apron & put a bow on a cheap allice band to dress up as Alice a few years ago. Was going to stick it on Ebay before Christmas (panto season) but forgot. Just listed it and it sold for £19! Cost be less than £8 to make and it was just cluttering up the loft.

That was probably due to good timing - it's world book day this week, so kids and teachers around the country will be dressing up as their favourite book characters on Thursday.
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i really wish i had the time and mind set for ebay

i have TONS of comic books most of them limited edition variant and signed aswell as one of sketches from well known artists..bust and statues...the only problem is its so so so much i wouldnt know where to start

plus if it dosent sell..dont you have to pay the sellers fee anyway?

Listings starting at 99p are free to list anyway (you get 100 of these a month I believe) then every fortnight/month they have free listing days and then you can list at any price so no risk at all.

There are final value fees to pay if things sell, 10% and then paypal fees too so you need to consider these with listings but I find that things I list at 99p often do well, and then others sell for 99p or go unsold, you can relist things too.
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I sold a fair bit recently. I sold a few bags that I got free with magazines, and one of them went for £1.70 plus postage! I thought they'd never sell! lol. I also sold a few DVDs I didn't think would sell as there were so many of them unsold on ebay. I didn't start at 99p I started at 98p :p

I need a free listing day as there's a few more expensive items I want to sell and don't want to risk them going for 99p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback